CSE 2020 Prelims is rescheduled to be held on 04 October 2020. Admit card for CSE 2020 prelims can be download with help of login credentials until 04 October 2020. The exam is conduced in offline mode in both Hindi & Englih mdium. The prelims exam is divided in two sections. Civil Service Examination or IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam has been postponed due to COVID-19 Pandemic. This exam is organized by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) at the national level. CSE entrance exam held once in a year in two-stage i.e., preliminary and main to recruit candidates for different all India services or central services for various departments of the Government of India. Candidates should go through the given below article of Civil Service Preliminary Exam 2020 to get full information.
- CSE 2020 is going to be held on 04 October 2020 due to COVID-19, as per new schedule.
- CSE 2020 prelims admit card is released on 01 September 2020.
- IAS Mains 2020 exam is scheduled to be held on 08 January 2020.
CSE 2020 Important Dates
Know when different events related to the UPSC CSE 2020 exam both for Prelims & Mains from the below-given table:
|Start Date of Application Submission||12 February 2020|
|Last Date of Application Submission||03 March 2020|
|Application form withdrawal||12 to 18 March 2020|
|Re-start of Application form withdrawal||01 -08 August 2020|
|The window for submission of revised choice of centres||07-13 July 2020|
20-24 July 2020
|UOSC CSE 2020 Prelims Exam Date|31 May 2020
04 October 2020
|Admit Card for Prelims 2020||01 September - 04 October 2020|
|IAS Prelims 2020 Result||To be announced|
|IAS Main Exam 2020|18 Sep 2020
08 January 2020
|Mains Result Declaration||To be announced|
CSE 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CSE 2020 Admit Card on the official website of the conducting authority. Check the all-important points of CSE Preliminary Admission Ticket:
- The CSE Preliminary admit card 2020 will be released before three weeks of the examination.
- Candidates have to download the admit card from the official website, the authority will not send the exam ticket via post or SMS.
- For downloading the CSE 1 admit card, candidates have to log in with their registration ID and password.
- Candidates need to enter some required details.
- Candidates should check their admit card carefully and ensure that every detail that admits card contain such as exam day and time, centre name and address and so on.
- Candidates are advised to take the print out of their admit card for examination and must carry it in the examination hall along with government photo ID proof.
CSE 2020 Exam Pattern
Applicants must check the CSE 2020 Exam Pattern to know the question paper structure:
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper)|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Medium||Hindi or English|
|Marking Scheme||-1/3 marks deducted for every wrong answer|
|Duration||2 Hours Each Section|
CSE 2020 Syllabus
Aspirants must be full versed with the latest syllabus precribed by the authorities to score good marks. Candidates can check the CSE 2020 Syllabus
from the given below table:
| Current events of national and international importance||Comprehension|
| History of India and Indian National Movement||Interpersonal skills including communication skills |
|Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World||Logical reasoning and analytical ability |
|Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy,|
Rights Issues, etc
|Decision Making and problem-solving|
|Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion,|
Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
|General mental ability |
| General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change - that do not|
require subject specialization
|General Science|| |
CSE 2020 Preparation Tips
The following CSE 2020 preparation tips will help the candidates during their preparation for the exam:
- The candidates must be aware of the exam syllabus.
- Candidates must study all the subjects and give equal time to all the subjects.
- Practice question papers from all the previous year sample papers and question papers.
- Applicants must take out a printout of the exam syllabus, mark all the important topics prepare short notes and revise them before few days of the exam.
- Students must take a balanced diet and have proper rest.
CSE 2020 Answer Key
Check the CSE or IAS answer key details below in the given points:
- The Commission releases the answer keys of all objective questions after the exam on the official website.
- As the preliminary exam consists of only objective type questions, therefore, the official answer keys of the UPSC IAS preliminary exam will be available accordingly.
- IAS Answer Key 2020 contains all the correct answers to the preliminary question paper. Therefore, it can be used to estimate the score before the result. Furthermore, candidates who do not qualify in the first attempt can also check the correct answer to improve in subsequent attempts.
- Besides, unofficial answer keys are also available right after the exam. Although not official, these can be useful to unofficially predict the score.
CSE 2020 Result
Aspirants are able to check their CSE 2020 Result
will be declared in the second week of July 2020 on the official website of Union Public Service Commission. Given below are some important points regarding the CSE Preliminary Exam Score 2020:
- Authority will release the result in the form list in which their name and roll number are mentioned.
- Those candidates are mentioned in that list are qualify for the CSE Main entrance exam.
- All the qualified candidates need to apply again for the Main exam through Detailed Application form-1 which is available on the official website.
CSE 2020 Tie Breaking Rule
The Commission implements a two-stage tie-breaking rule in cases where two or more candidates secure the same aggregate marks.
- The marks scored in compulsory papers and personality test, taken together.
- If the marks still remain the same, then the candidate older in age are allowed the merit.
CSE 2020 Cut off
In order to give the candidates an idea of how the cut-off of IAS 2020
will look like, we are giving below the cut-off of the previous year. The minimum qualifying standards/marks secured by the last recommended candidate in various categories at various stages are as under:-
CSE 2020 Application Form
The authority has been released the UPSC CSE Application Form 2020
on 12 February 2020
and was filled till 03 March 2020
on the official website of UPSC. Check the given below points regarding the CSE Preliminary Registration process 2020:
- Candidates need to apply for the entrance exam on the official website only no other mode of filling the form are available.
- Should give the valid detail of one of the following documents like Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License, and any other government photo ID proof which is issued by the state or central government of India.
- Upload the scanned copy of required documents such as photographs and signature in the prescribed format.
- Applicants must the submission of multiple application forms.
- If due some unwanted situation candidate submits multiple applicants then they must ensure that the application form with higher RID (Registration ID) must be completed in all the respect i.e., applicants details, exam centre, photograph, signature, Photo ID and fees.
- Candidates whether already in the government job or government-owned industrial undertaking or other similar organization or other similar organization or in private employment must submit their application directly to the commission.
- Application Fees can be paid through online mode only.
CSE Application Fees
Given below are the table of category wise CSE 2020 Application fees:
|General Category||Rs. 100/-|
|Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability ||Exempted |
Mode of Payment: Aspirants can make payment through both mode payment online as well as offline.
Online Mode: Via using VISA/Master/RuPay/Credit Card/Debit Card/or Net Banking of SBI bank.
Offline Mode: Via depositing the money in any branch of SBI bank.
CSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates advised ensuring their CSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
before applying for the exam, to know they are eligible for the exam or not. Check all relevant information of CSE eligibility criteria:
- For Indian Administrative Service(IAS), Indian Foreign Service(IFS) and Indian Police Service(IPS), must possess the citizenship of India.
- For other services possess the citizenship of India, Nepal, or Bhutan
Age Limit: Check the age criteria for the exam-
|Lower Age||21 Years|
|Upper Age||32 Years|
|Upper Age for SC/ST||37 Years|
|Upper Age of OBC||35 Years|
Educational Qualification: Applicants need to hold the degree of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or Legislature in India or other institutes established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section-3 of the university grants commission act, 1956.
Number of Attempts: All eligible candidates are allowed to appear for the exam six times i.e., six attempts shall provide to the candidates.
Physical Fitness: Candidates should physically fit according to the physical standard of for the admission to civil service examination.
Download UPSC IAS 2020 Information Brochure Pdf
How many services are there in the UPSC IAS Exam 2020?
Check the list of services available for CSE qualifiers:
All India Services
- Indian Administrative Services(IAS)
- Indian Police Servies(IPS)
- Indian Forest Services(IFoS) [Prelims Only]
Central Civil Services
Indian Foreign Services(IFS)
|Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)||Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’|
|Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’||Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’|
|Indian Trade Service, Group 'A'||Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'||Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’||Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'|
CSE 2020 Test Centre
Candidates can check the list of all the CSE Test Centre 2020 from the given below table:
|Ghaziabad||Gautam Buddha Nagar|
CSE 2020 Highlights
Given below are the table of CSE examination 2020 basic information:
|Exam ||CSE 2020|
|Full Name||Civil Service Examination |
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|CSE or IAS Official Website||https://www.upsc.gov.in/|
|Aim||Recruit candidates for different all India services or central services for various departments of the Government of India|
Union Public Service Commission is India's premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible to organise exams for All India Services & group A & B of Central services. The Union Public Service Commission shall be consulted on all matters relating to
- methods of recruitment to civil services and for civil posts
- making appointments to civil services and posts
- making promotions and transfers from one service to another
- the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions or transfers
- on all disciplinary matters against a civil servant serving in a civil capacity, including memorials or petitions relating to such matters.