UPSC CSE 2022 Notification has been released. UPSC preliminary exam will be conducted on 05 June 2022. The exam will be conducted in offline mode in both Hindi & English mediums. The prelims exam is divided into two sections. This exam is organized by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) at the national level. UPSC CSE entrance exam is held once a year in two-stage i.e., preliminary and main to recruit candidates for different all-India services or central services for various departments of the Government of India. Candidates should go through the given below article of Civil Service Preliminary Exam 2022 to get full information.
- UPSC CSE Prelims exam will be conducted on 05 June 2022.
UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Status
Civil Service Examination 2022 Status
UPSC CSE 2022 Important Dates
Know when different events related to the UPSC CSE 2022 exam both for Prelims & Mains from the below-given table:
|Start Date of Application Submission||02 February 2022|
|Last Date of Application Submission||22 February 2022|
|Application withdrawal||01-07 March 2022|
|Admit Card for Prelims 2022||May 2022|
|UPSC CSE 2022 Prelims Exam Date||05 June 2022|
|IAS Prelims 2022 Result||July 2022|
|IAS Main Exam 2022||16 September 2022|
UPSC CSE 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can download the UPSC CSE 2022 Admit Card on the official website of the conducting authority. Check the all-important points of the UPSC CSE Preliminary Admission Ticket:
- The UPSC CSE Preliminary admit card 2022 has been released three weeks before the examination.
- Candidates have to download the admit card from the official website, the authority will not send the exam ticket via post or SMS.
- For downloading the UPSC CSE 1 admit card, candidates have to log in with their registration ID and password.
- Candidates need to enter some required details.
- Candidates should check their admit card carefully and ensure that every detail that admits card contain such as exam day and time, centre name and address and so on.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of their to admit card for examination and must carry it in the examination hall along with government photo ID proof.
UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Pattern
Applicants must check the UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Pattern to know the question paper structure:
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper)|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Medium||Hindi or English|
|Marking Scheme||-1/3 marks deducted for every wrong answer|
|Duration||2 Hours Each Section|
UPSC CSE 2022 Syllabus
Aspirants must be fully versed with the latest syllabus prescribed by the authorities to score good marks. Candidates can check the UPSC CSE 2022 Syllabus
from the given below table:
| Current events of national and international importance||Comprehension|
| History of India and Indian National Movement||Interpersonal skills including communication skills |
|Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World||Logical reasoning and analytical ability |
|Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy,|
Rights Issues, etc
|Decision Making and problem-solving|
|Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion,|
Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
|General mental ability |
| General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change - that do not|
require subject specialization
|General Science|| |
UPSC CSE 2022 Preparation Tips
The following UPSC CSE 2022 preparation tips will help the candidates during their preparation for the exam:
- The candidates must be aware of the exam syllabus.
- Candidates must study all the subjects and give equal time to all the subjects.
- Practice question papers from all the previous year sample papers and question papers.
- Applicants must take out a printout of the exam syllabus, mark all the important topics prepare short notes and revise them before a few days of the exam.
- Students must take a balanced diet and have proper rest.
UPSC CSE 2022 Answer Key
Check the UPSC CSE or IAS answer key details below in the given points:
- The Commission releases the answer keys of all objective questions after the exam on the official website.
- As the preliminary exam consists of only objective type questions, therefore, the official answer keys of the UPSC IAS preliminary exam will be available accordingly.
- IAS Answer Key 2022 contains all the correct answers to the preliminary question paper. Therefore, it can be used to estimate the score before the result. Furthermore, candidates who do not qualify in the first attempt can also check the correct answer to improve in subsequent attempts.
- Besides, unofficial answer keys are also available right after the exam. Although not official, these can be useful to unofficially predict the score.
UPSC CSE 2022 Cut off
To give the candidates an idea of how the cut-off of IAS 2022
will look like, we are giving below the cut-off of the previous year. The minimum qualifying standards/marks secured by the last recommended candidate in various categories at various stages are as under:-
How many services are there in the UPSC IAS Exam 2022?
Check the list of services available for UPSC CSE qualifiers:
All India Services
- Indian Administrative Services(IAS)
- Indian Police Servies(IPS)
- Indian Forest Services(IFoS) [Prelims Only]
Central Civil Services
Indian Foreign Services(IFS)
|Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’|
|Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)||Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’|
|Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’|
|Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’||Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’||Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’|
|Indian Trade Service, Group 'A'||Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'||Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’||Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'|
|Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'|
UPSC CSE 2022 Test Centre
Candidates can check the list of all the UPSC CSE Test Centre 2022 from the given below table:
|Ghaziabad||Gautam Buddha Nagar|
UPSC CSE 2022 Result
Aspirants can check their UPSC CSE 2022 Result
will be declared in July 2022 on the official website of the Union Public Service Commission. Given below are some important points regarding the UPSC CSE Preliminary Exam Score 2022:
- Authority will release the result in the form list in which their name and roll number are mentioned.
- Those candidates are mentioned in that list are qualify for the UPSC CSE Main entrance exam.
- All the qualified candidates need to apply again for the Main exam through Detailed Application form-1 which is available on the official website.
UPSC CSE 2022 Tie Breaking Rule
The Commission implements a two-stage tie-breaking rule in cases where two or more candidates secure the same aggregate marks.
- The marks scored in compulsory papers and personality test, taken together.
- If the marks remain the same, then the candidate older in age are allowed the merit.
UPSC CSE 2022 Application Form
The authority has been released the UPSC UPSC CSE Application Form 2022
on 02 February 2022
and is filled till 22 February 2022
on the official website of UPSC. Check the given below points regarding the UPSC CSE Preliminary Registration process 2022:
- Candidates need to apply for the entrance exam on the official website only no other mode of filling out the form are available.
- Should give the valid detail of one of the following documents like Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License, and any other government photo ID proof which is issued by the state or central government of India.
- Upload the scanned copy of required documents such as photographs and signatures in the prescribed format.
- Applicants must submission of multiple application forms.
- If due some unwanted situation candidate submits multiple applicants then they must ensure that the application form with higher RID (Registration ID) must be completed in all the respect i.e., applicants details, exam centre, photograph, signature, Photo ID and fees.
- Candidates whether already in the government job or government-owned industrial undertaking or other similar organization or other similar organization or in private employment must submit their application directly to the commission.
- Application Fees can be paid through online mode only.
UPSC CSE Application Fees
Given below are the table of category wise UPSC CSE 2022 Application fees:
|General Category||Rs. 100/-|
|Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability ||Exempted |
Mode of Payment: Aspirants can make payment through both mode payment online as well as offline.
Online Mode: Via using VISA/Master/RuPay/Credit Card/Debit Card/or Net Banking of SBI bank.
Offline Mode: Via depositing the money in any branch of SBI bank.
UPSC CSE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates advised ensuring their UPSC CSE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
before applying for the exam, to know they are eligible for the exam or not. Check all relevant information of UPSC CSE eligibility criteria:
- For Indian Administrative Service(IAS), Indian Foreign Service(IFS) and Indian Police Service(IPS), must possess the citizenship of India.
- For other services possess the citizenship of India, Nepal, or Bhutan
Age Limit: Check the age criteria for the exam-
|Lower Age||21 Years|
|Upper Age||32 Years|
|Upper Age for SC/ST||37 Years|
|Upper Age of OBC||35 Years|
Educational Qualification: Applicants need to hold the degree of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or Legislature in India or other institutes established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section-3 of the university grants commission act, 1956.
Number of Attempts: All eligible candidates are allowed to appear for the exam six times i.e., six attempts shall provide to the candidates.
Physical Fitness: Candidates should be physically fit according to the physical standard for admission to civil service examination.
UPSC CSE 2022 Highlights
Given below are the table of UPSC CSE examination 2022 basic information:
|Exam ||UPSC CSE 2022|
|Full Name||Civil Service Examination |
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|UPSC CSE or IAS Official Website||https://www.upsc.gov.in/|
|Application Link||Apply Now|
|Aim||Recruit candidates for different all India services or central services for various departments of the Government of India|
Union Public Service Commission is India's premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible to organise exams for All India Services & group A & B of Central services. The Union Public Service Commission shall be consulted on all matters relating to
- methods of recruitment to civil services and for civil posts
- making appointments to civil services and posts
- making promotions and transfers from one service to another
- the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions or transfers
- on all disciplinary matters against a civil servant serving in a civil capacity, including memorials or petitions relating to such matters.