CSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria is set by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). CSE 2020 eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the interested candidates to apply for the CSE examination. CSE 2020 (Civil Service Examination) is also known as IAS (Indian Administrative Service) examination which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). CSE 2020 examination is a national level examination which is organised to recruit the candidates for different all India service and central service in various departments of Government of India. All the candidates are advised to read the complete article to know more about the CSE eligibility criteria 2020.
CSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All the interested candidates are advised to check their CSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria before starting the application process. The brief information regarding the UPSC CSE 2020 eligibility criteria are given in the list below :
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to fulfil all the eligibility criteria to apply for the CSE 2020 application form.
- If any candidate found later who didn't fulfil all eligibility criteria will be rejected later.
All the CSE eligibility criteria 2020 are listed below:
CSE 2020 Nationality Criteria
To eligible for CSE 2020, the candidates require to fulfil the following criteria of nationality which are given below:
- The candidates who applied for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS) must be the citizen of India.
- For other services, the applicants must be either:
- a citizen of the India, or
- a critizen of the Nepal, or
- a critizen of the Bhutan, or
- The applicants who are the Tibetan refugees who came over to India before 01 January 1962 intending to permanently settle in India, or
- A applicant of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, East African countries of Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
Candidates of other than India, who belonging to Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01 January 1962 must have a certificate of eligibility which has been issued by the Government of India to apply for the CSE 2020.
The applicants whose eligibility certificates are necessary, will be admitted to the UPSC exam but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate being given to applicant by the Govt. before the declaration of result by UPSC.
CSE 2020 Age Limit
All the candidates must check the UPSC age limit 2020 before applying for the CSE. The details the about CSE age limit 2020 are given in the list below:
- Candidates must attain the age of 21 years on 01 August 2020 i.e., the candidate must not be born earlier than 02 August 1987.
- The upper age limit of the candidates is 32 years i.e., applicants must not be born later than 01 August 1998 on 01 August 2020.
The details of relaxation in upper age limit for different categories are listed below:
|Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||Maximum 5 Years |
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||Maximum 3 Years|
|Defence Services personnel or disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country||Maximum 3 Years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service as on 01 August 2020||Maximum 5 Years|
|ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service as on 01 August 2020||Maximum 5 Years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz. (a)low vision (b)Partially deaf (c)locomotor disability (PwD) Catagory||Maximum 10 Years|
- The applicants make ensure that only the date of birth (DoB) as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination (10th/12th) certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of CSE application form 2020 will be accepted by the authority.
- Once a date of birth has been submitted by applicants in the CSE 2020 application form and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an CSE Examination, no change will be allowed after that on any ground.
CSE 2020 Education Qualification
The candidate must check the educational questional criteria to apply for the CSE 2020
examination which is given in the list below:
- The applicants must have a degree of any University or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University.
- The applicants who have applied for any other examination and the passing of the exam would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the result as also the applicants who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the CSE 2020 Preliminary Examination.
- In exceptional cases, the Union Public Service Commission (USPC) will treat the applicant who does not have any of the foregoing qualifications for the CSE exam as a qualified candidate provided that they has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which for those applicants in the opinion of the Commission justifies their admission to the examination.
- The Candidates who have a technical and professional educational qualifications as equivalent to professional and technical degree which are recognised by the Indian Government would also be eligible for admission to the CSE examination.
Number of Attempts
The applicants can check the total number of attempts criteria for the CSE examination in the given list below:
- The conducted authority will provide six attempts to all the candidates who fulfil the CSE 2020 eligibility criteria.
- There should no restriction in the case of attempts if applicants who belong to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST).
- For those candidate who belongs to the Other Backward Classes (OBC), the number of attempts shall be nine.
- For the candidates with benchmark disability of their community, disability will get nine attempts.
- An attempt at a CSE 2020 Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the CSE 2020 (Civil Services Examination).
- If the applicant appeared in any one paper in the CSE Preliminary Examination, then the applicant shall be deemed to have made an attempt at the UPSC CSE Examination.
Restrictions on applying for CSE 2020 examination
There are some restriction points are described for those candidates who cant' apply for the CSE 2020 which are given in the list below:
- The applicants who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) or the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of those services will not be eligible to compete at CSE 2020 examination.
- The applicants who is appointed to the Indian Police Service (IPS) on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to complete for the Indian Police Service (IPS) in CSE 2020 (Civil Services Examination).