JEST 2021 Application Form is expected to be released in the month of November 2020 on the official portal. The candidates aspiring to appear for JEST 2021 have to register themselves. Joint Entrance Screening Test is conducted for admissions into PhD or Integrated PhD in Physics, Computer Science, computational biology and Neuroscience. Conducted by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), this exam is also known as National Entrance Test (NET). This article provides further important details about the application form, application fee and the process to fill it.
JEST 2021 Application Form
The below mentioned are a few important details to be kept in mind about the application form of JEST 2021:
- The JEST 2021 application form will be available only in the online format and all the candidates are required to fill in their details before the last date to apply. It is not accepted in any other mode.
- No need to send the copy of application form to the authority by post.
- The candidates can register one time only with a particular e-mail ID. If they have to register again, a new mail ID must be used.
- Similarly, name, date of birth, etc. cannot be the same for two different users.
- After filling the application form and making the payment, if confirmation does not appear on the screen, the form has to be re-submitted.
- The updates regarding the examination shall be sent via. e-mail only. Hence, the candidates are suggested to give a valid and working e-mail ID.
- Applications of candidates who have completed the payment of the application fee are only considered as applied.
- Once the application form is submitted, corrections cannot be made. Hence, the details must be entered very carefully and precisely.
- Once the application is submitted and the fee is paid, candidates are advised to keep a print out of the application form until the end of admission process.
- The candidates have to check the list of available exam centres before applying to the examination.
Documents Required while filling JEST 2021 Online Application Form
Candidates are required to keep a few documents handy before filling the application form of JEST 2021. They may be required to be uploaded or required for entering details. The documents are as mentioned below:
- Matriculation or it's equivalent certificate
- Master’s degree certificate or Provisional degree certificate or Transcript or Marks sheet(as per availability)
- Doctorate degree certificate or Provisional degree certificate or Transcript or Marks Sheet (as per availability)
- A valid email ID that is in use
- Center of examination opted
- Scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature of the candidate
- Caste certificate if it applies
- Payment details
JEST 2021 Application Fees
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make payment through online mode only via using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- Application fees are non-refundable in any situation.
- Candidates are advised to take the print out of payment confirmation page for future reference.
The category-wise application fee for JEST is as below:
JEST Registration Process Fees 2021
Category of Candidates
The submission of the application is complete only after the payment of the application fee.
Instruction before filling the application form
- Candidates must check their eligibility before start filling the application form on the official website of ASRB.
- Candidates must have a valid email and phone number.
Candidates must keep the following ready while filling the form:
- Personal Details
- Educational Qualification Details
- Internship details
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature.
How to Apply for JEST 2021?
The applying candidates are required to follow the below mentioned procedure while filling in the application form of JEST 2021:
STEP 1: Registration
- The first step for filling the application form is registration.
- The candidates are required to visit the official website at www.jest.org.in.
- On the website, a link by the title ‘register to appear for the exam’ shall be present. The candidates have to click on that.
- The website will ask the candidate’s e-mail ID to start the registration process. Once the valid e-mail ID is submitted, the candidates shall receive an e-mail with the login credentials and a link to reset the password.
- After receiving the e-mail, the candidates have to log in using the username and password previously created.
STEP 2: Fill the Required Details
- After the candidates complete the registration, they will have to fill in the required details.
- All the details such as name, date of birth, gender, etc. must be filled with care without making any errors.
- After entering all the required details, the candidates have to save the form.
- Once the details are filled, the website will ask the candidate to upload scanned copies of the candidate’s passport size photograph and signature.
- The size of the individual scanned copies being uploaded must not exceed 50 kb.
- The scanned images must be in the JPEG format only. Any other formats shall be rejected.
- The candidates are advised to crop the extra parts of the image other than the photograph.
- The files being uploaded must be given proper names before uploading them so as to prevent rejection. The names of the files must contain alphabets, underscores and numbers only. Punctuation marks and other symbols can lead to unacceptance of the file uploaded.
- If the files being uploaded exceed the size limit of 50 kb, they must be compressed prior to uploading them.
- The dimensions of the images uploaded as per the official website are- minimum of 100 x 125 pixels and maximum of 240 x 300 pixels for the photograph and 150 x 30 pixels for the signature.
- All the image properties must be checked before uploading them.
STEP 3: Upload scanned Copy of Documents
STEP 4: Make Payment
- After the candidate completely fills the application form along with uploading the scanned images of the photograph and signature, the application fee has to be paid.
- The application fee is as below:
Fee to be paid
Female applicants of SC/ST
- The candidates have to make the payment of the application fee as per their category through net banking or credit/debit cards.
- Once the payment is completed, the application is considered as submitted and further changes cannot be made. Hence, candidates are advised to fill the details carefully before submission.