Kerala SET 2020 Syllabus has been released by the LBS Center for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram on its official website. The examination for Kerala SET consists of Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I cover question on topics of general knowledge and teaching aptitude and is common for candidates. Paper-II cover question on candidate’s specialization subject at the post-graduate level. There shall be 31 subjects for Paper-II of the LBS Centre SET. Those who will qualify this exam will be recruited as Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE. Kerala SET 2020 is conducted as an offline examination. Candidates can get detailed information about the Kerala SET exam 2020 syllabus from the complete article.
Kerala SET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates must know the syllabus to fetch good marks in the exam. Also on knowing the syllabus, the candidates can prepare well for the examination. The aspirants can check the Kerala SET exam 2020 syllabus for both the papers hearby;
Kerala SET 2020 Paper 1 Syllabus - General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude
Following is the syllabus for Kerala SET Paper 1:
Kerala SET Exam General Studies Syllabus 2020
- General Science - Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Social Science - Economics, History, Geography and Indian Polity
- Humanities- Literature (Classics and Masterpieces of World and Indian Literature), Art (Major art forms of India) and Culture (Life and Society in India)
- Kerala Studies – Kerala Model of Development, Social reforms, National Movements, Literature, Art and Culture
Language and Reasoning Syllabus
- Comprehension and Vocabulary
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Basic English Grammar
- Numeracy Skills - Pattern Recognition and Orders of Magnitude
Current Affairs Syllabus
- Technology – Innovations, Discoveries and Inventions
- Environmental Issues, Movements, Treaties and Legislations -National and International.
- UN and Global Affairs
- Institutions of Higher Learning and Research, Scholarships and New Initiatives
- Indian Constitution and Politics and Recent Legislation –Right to Information and Right to Education
- Events, Persons and Awards
- Sports and Games
- Culture (Films, Literature, Music and Performing Arts)
Foundations of Education Syllabus
- Educational Philosophy - Major Philosophical divisions and its impact on aims, curriculum, and methods of teaching - Concept of teacher, freedom and Discipline
- Major philosophical systems in the East – Six Schools of Indian philosophy, Buddhism, Jainism, and Islamic thought
- Major philosophical systems in the West – Humanism and Realism, Democracy and Critical Pedagogy, Idealism, Naturalism, Pragmatism
- Eminent thinkers in Education – Plato, Rousseau, Montessori, Gandhiji, Tagore, Vivekananda, Frobel, John Dewey, Paulo Freire
- Value education – Religious and moral education and development of values, Value crisis, Classification of values, Significance of value education
Sociological Foundations Syllabus
- The relation between education and sociology - Meaning and scope of education and sociology, Interactive role of education and society, sociology of Education, the relationship between education and culture.
- Social functions of education - functions of society towards education Various functions of education in society. Functions of education with regard to Culture – Preservation, Transformation and Transmission.
- Education and social institutions – Role of various social institutions to inculcate values connected with Democracy and Secularism, Major social institutions and National Integration, Concept of the global village.
- Education and socialization – Factors influencing socialization, value orientation - Teacher as a Change Agent and Nation builder, Cultural lag, cultural inertia, Cultural diffusion, education and socialization process, Acculturation
Psychological Foundations Syllabus
- Educational Psychology - Educational Psychology, School Psychology, Clinical Psychology. Applications of Psychology, Guidance and Counselling, life skills education etc.
- Personality- Approaches- Psychoanalytic, Trait approaches, Behaviouristic, Humanistic. Motivation - Intrinsic and extrinsic. Approaches to motivation - behavioural, humanistic, cognitive, and socio-cultural
- Intelligence - Multiple intelligence, Factor theories. Measurement of intelligence Binet, Wechsler.
- Social and Cognitive development- Vygotsky, Language, Erikson, Piaget- structure and development.
- Adolescent characteristics- Cognitive, Emotional and Motivational aspects. Peer influence. Parenting difficulties
- History of Education in Kerala and India. Early education history of India, the introduction of modern English Education, Government’s role in pre-Independence India, major reports & documents on education. Important personalities in Education in India and Kerala
- Reports and Policies on Education in post-independence period – NPE - first, second & third, BPEGEL, IEDSS
- Acts and Bills Relevant to higher education: Major Bills and Acts on Higher education promulgated by the Parliament of India and the Legislative Assembly of Kerala
- Programmes for Universalisation of Education - SSA, RMSA, RTE, DPEP, RUSA, Saakshar Bharat
- Institutions of Education at National and state-level - NUEPA, SCERT, DIET, CTE, MHRD, UGC, NCTE NCERT, SIET, etc
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation Syllabus
- Teaching aptitude – Teacher characteristics, Teaching as a profession, Skill-based theoretical knowledge, Teacher competency and teacher accountability,
- Administrative aptitude – Administrative models, administrative roles of teachers, obligations to students, parents and society
- Reflective practices –components in reflective practice, innovative teaching, mechanisms of feedback to learners, self-assessment.
- Professional Development – Needs for professional development, technological advancement, professional associations, Preservice and in-service training, cluster
training, teacher rating & grading
- Teacher Characteristics – Essential characters for a quality teacher, professional qualities, teacher as an agent of social reformation.
- Teaching skills, Methods of teaching, Techniques and approaches to teaching, Instructional models of teaching, Teaching & Learning resources, Learning theories, Applications of learning theories, Learner characteristics, Learning environment, Learners with special needs, Tools and techniques for evaluation, Continuous Evaluation, Terminal evaluation, Grading, Feedback and remediation.
- Communication and Education, Basic principles of communication, Types of communication, Barriers in communication, Classroom application of communication, Basics of Computer Knowledge, Computer Networks &Internet, Office Tools, ICT Enabled Learning, General Applications, Basic aspects of educational research, Types of research, Methods, Tools & techniques of research, Action research and Reporting of research.
- Planning and administration at the national level, Organisational structure of education in the state, School administration, Management & Governance, International agencies and education.
Kerala SET 2020 Paper 2 Syllabus -Based on PG Level subjects
Get the details of Kerala SET 2020 Paper 2 syllabus below:
- Social-Cultural Anthropology: Nature, Scope and Subject matter
- Branches of Anthropology
- Emerging trends and specializations in Anthropology.
- Culture, Society and Community
- Social structure and Social Organization
- Status and Role
- Culture- Explicit and Implicit, Structure, Attributes and paradoxes
- Culture Processes- Enculturation, Acculturation, Diffusion, Cultural Pluralism
- Concept, definitions, functions and universality; Family and household
- Residence patterns –matrilocal, patrilocal, neolocal, bilocal and others.
- Marriage payments- Dowry and Bride price; Wealth and its relation to marriage stability.
- Forms and types of marriage.
- Concept of Kinship and its place in Social structure.
- Rules of descent and residence.
- Kin groups - Lineage, Clan, Phratry, Moiety and Tribe
- Kinship Terminology
- Types of political organization, Concepts of power, authority and legitimacy.
- State and Stateless societies
- Social stratification and mobility in and outside the caste
- Approaches to the study of social stratification in India
- Forms of religion in tribal and peasant societies
- The distinction between magic religion and science
- Modes of exchange: Reciprocity, Distribution and Redistribution - Kula Ring and Potlatch
- Economic change and adaptation in societies
- Concept, history, development and scope
- Classification, distribution and features of living non-human primates (functional and adaptation significances)
- Chromosomes and genes
- Multiple alleles and polygenic inheritance (ABO blood groups, colour blindness, albinism, brachydactyly, Alkaptonuria)
- Evolution of Indian education system: British, British and Post-independence
- Study of a selected cultural region in India
- Social science, value, subjectivity, Intersubjective objectivity
- Hypotheses formulation
- Features of anthropological fieldwork
- Evolutionary school of thought
- Malinowski’s contributions to functionalism
- Health care system and Health care services; Heath education
- Constitutional Safeguards and Legislative measures
- Economic theories
Kerala SET exam Arabic Syllabus 2020
- Muallaqath & Poets of Muallaqath
- Poets of Prophet and Muhalramoon
- Umayyad period
- Modern Period
- Islamic & Umayyath
- Thafseer and authors, Sihahu, sitha and other
- Journalism, Essay & Biography, Arabic Grammer
Kerala SET exam Botany Syllabus 2020
- Bacteria - Classification, Ultrastructure of cell, metabolism, growth
- Viruses - Classification, Structure, reproduction. Bacteriophages, lysogenic and lytic cycles. viroids, virions, prions, retroviruses
- Phycology - Chlorophyceae, Bacillariophyceae, Xanthophyceae, Phaeophyceae, Rhodophyceae. Economic importance of Algae
- Mycology - Classification of fungi, General structure, reproduction and life cycle of different groups- Myxomycetes, Zygomycetes, Oomycetes, Ascomycetes,
- Morphology, Taxonomy of Angiosperms, Histology, Microtechnique and Histochemistry
- Functional Plant Biology and Analysis Plant Physiology
Kerala SET exam Chemistry Syllabus 2020
- Periodicity and Chemistry of Main Group Elements
- Chemistry of transition and inner transition elements
- Organometallic chemistry
- Bioinorganic chemistry
- Electron displacement effects and Aromaticity
- Photochemistry and Pericyclic Reactions
- Natural Products and Biomolecules
- Surface Chemistry, Colloids and Catalysis
- Quantum Mechanics
- Basic principles in Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
Kerala SET exam Biotechnology Syllabus 2020
- Cell Biology, Genetics and Molecular Biology.
- Biochemistry, Enzymology and Biophysics and Instrumentation
- Microbiology, Immunology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Genetic Engineering, Plant and Animal Bio Technology, Biosafety, Bioethics and Regulation
- Bioinformatics, Biostatistics Bioinformatics and computational biology, IPR , Patent laws in
- Environmental Biotechnology Food and Diary Biotechnology, Bio Process Engineering, Nano bio
Technology, Environmental microbiology
Kerala SET exam Commerce Syllabus 2020
- Basic concepts of management
- Planning, organizing, staffing, directing, communicating, motivating and controlling
- Business Environment, Policy and MIS
- Financial and Corporate Accounting
- Quantitative Techniques & Research methods
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Financial Management and Marketing
Kerala SET exam Economics Syllabus 2020
- Theory of Consumer Behaviour
- Market Structure and Equilibrium Price and Output Determination
- Macroeconomic Schools and Policies
- Macroeconomic Framework
- Statistical Methods
- Mathematical Methods
- Kerala’s Economic Development
- Quantitative Methods for Economic Analysis
Candidates can check the detailed syllabus of all subjects hearby;
Preparation Tips for Kerala SET 2020
To begin with the preparation of Kerala SET (LBS) 2020, candidates can read the following prepatory tips to fetch good markd in the entrance exam:
- List out important topics: With the detailed syllabus provided above, list out important topics for exam which can be find out from previous year's question papers. Paractice those topics thoroly to get the concepts clear. Similarly, make a note of weak sections and then practice those topics.
- Make a proper and precise notes of all and prepare them in such a way that it helps in quick revision. Draw diagrams, pointers, flow charts, etc to make notes easily readable.
- Practise: Try to practice one topic a day from each paper. Maintain a schedule with different topics and of each subject and prepare them accordingly. Sceduled study helps in covering all sections.
- Revision: Fix the certain time of a day for revision. By revising topics each day, it will be easy for candidates to memorize different sections.
Note - For preparation of complete syllabus of all subjects candidates can download the syllabus Pdf which is given on his page down below.