NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria was released by the National Board of Examination (NBE). The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for PG will be conducted on 5 March 2023 by the NBE for admissions into various post-graduation medical courses. Applicants must check the NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria before filling out the online application form. Only those candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria can apply for the NEET PG Application Form. All the candidates can get the whole information and details regarding NEET PG 2023 on this page.
NEET PG 2023 Latest Updates
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their NEET PG 2023 eligibility criteria as per the last year before filling out the application form. Check all the relevant information related to NEET postgraduate eligibility criteria given below:
General Eligibility Criteria
Qualification - Medical graduates are required to possess Indian Medical Council Act 1956 recognised MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate
Certificate of Registration - Candidates are required to mandatorily have a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification which is to be issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC)
Internship - As per the eligibility criteria of NEET PG candidates must complete their one-year internship.
Foreign Medical Graduate Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the given below points related eligibility criteria for those who studied in foreign:
- Candidates of Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who pursue their primary medical qualification from colleges outside India.
- Candidates have to qualify for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) which is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE).
- Candidates who graduate from foreign have to register with MCI/SMC.
- Foreign National Graduate is required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on the examination day.
- Candidates should have to complete their internship or are likely to complete their internship.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign National
Candidates should check the given below points related to eligibility criteria for foreign national candidates:
- Candidates of foreign national can give the entrance exam without MCI registration.
- Foreign national candidates don't need to have temporary registration with MCI at the time exam.
- MCI may provide temporary registration to candidates, in case they pay the registration fee. According to the eligibility criteria of NEET PG, this registration will be provided only for the PostGraduate course duration and will be limited to the medical college/institution in which the candidate has taken admitted exclusively for the pursuance of postgraduate studies
- For temporary registration, the Foreign Nationals must be registered with the competent registering authority of their country.
All India 50% Quota Seats Eligibility Criteria
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi - 110 029
Candidates who have done their MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counselling.
For Armed Force Medical Service Institutes
- Those candidates who are opting for admission to MD/MS/PG diploma seat in the armed forces medical services (AFMS) institute shall select the NEET PG 2023 registration form:
Are you willing to opt for PG Courses in Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions–Yes/ No
- There is no reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates in the Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- For counselling to AFMS Institutions, the candidates should register on the MCC website