NEET PG 2021 has been postponed by NBE which was previously scheduled for 18 April 2021, due to a steep surge in Covid 19 cases. However, revised exam dates will be announced after reviewing the situation. The exam is organized by the National Board of Examination (NBE). National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate 2021 is conducted once a year at the national level which is compulsory for all aspirants who wish to pursue post-graduation in the medical field. The courses offered include the MD/MS/PG Diploma which further has various fields in which candidates wish to pursue their masters. MCC reserves 50% of the All India seats for the candidates who qualify for the NEET-PG examination, and the rest of the seats are reserved by the State which again offers admission based on the NEET PG score and merit. Read through the article to know more about NEET PG 2021.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check the NEET PG 2021 exam status from the below table:
|Exam status||The exam has been postponed. The exam will be held after 31 August 2021. The date will be announced one month before the exam.|
NEET PG 2021 Latest Updates:
- NEET PG 2021 entrance exam has been postponed due to the COVID-19 situation. The exam will be held after 31 August 2021. The new date will be announced before 1 month of the exam.
NEET PG 2021 Important Dates
NEET PG Important Dates 2021 are mentioned below which shall be followed by all the applicants to not miss on anything important:
NEET PG Important Dates 2021
|Start of online application|| 23 February 2021|
|End of online applications || 15 March 2021|
|Issue of Admit Card || 14 April 2021|
|Date of exam||18 April 2021 Postponed|
|Declaration of results||31 May 2021|
1st week of June 2021
NEET PG 2021 Application Form
Candidates can fill the NEET PG 2021 application form after the publishment of the same. Applicants are requested to go through the below-mentioned guidelines for NEET PG registration 2021 to not make any mistakes while filling up the application form:
- Candidates can get the application form on the NEET PG official website.
- Candidates have to register themselves before filling the form and generate a user ID and password.
- Candidates login with user id and password and fill the application form.
- Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of a recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must submit their application form through the online mode only because of no application form will be accepted offline or post.
- At last, candidates need to pay the application fees through online mode.
NEET PG 2021 Application Fee
NEET PG Application Fee 2021 is mentioned below category wise and shall be paid accordingly by the candidates:
NEET PG Registration Fees 2021
Mode of Payment: Application Fee can be paid via Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility are given below for all sorts of applicants and all the applicants must go through it to know about their eligibility:
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals:-
- Foreign national candidates can appear for the examination without MCI registration.
- Candidates need to submit their rotational internship certificate.
- Registration with MCI/State Medical Council is important, and its documentary proof should be submitted on the exam day and at the time of counselling.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Medical Graduate:-
- Indian or overseas candidates who are pursuing their medical college from outside India have a clear Foreign Medical Graduate Examination(Screening Test) which will be conducted by the National Board of Examination(NBE).
- Candidates should register themselves with MCI/SMC.
- Candidates who are graduate from foreign are required to submit their FMGE passing certificate issued by NBE on the examination day.
Eligibility Criteria for National:-
- Candidates must have an MBBS or Provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized as per the provision of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern
NEET PG Exam Scheme 2021
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
210 minutes (3½ hours)
No. of Questions asked
300: 50 – Section A
100 – Section B
150 – Section C
Type of Questions
+4 for Correct and -1 for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Subject wise distribution of Marks in the below table:
NEET PG Exam Pattern
Social and preventive medicine
General Medicine including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry
General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
NEET PG Syllabus 2021
will comprise of subjects studied in the 5-year MBBS course by all the applicants and must be thoroughly studied as the difficulty of the examination is considered to be good and not easy to crack.
NEET PG 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates must check the given mentioned point regarding NEET PG preparation 2021 tips for better preparation:
- Make notes of everything as it is easier to refer to notes than going through all over again.
- Daily revision is an important aspect as everyone tends to forget or the memory of what they studied becomes faded which needs to be polished time and again.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Candidates give some time for recreation.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and the scope of improvement is there if needed.
- Keep calm at the time of examination and focus.
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download their NEET PG Admit card 2021
and must be downloaded by all the applicants and the mentioned guidelines must be followed:
- Candidate needs to download their admit card from the official website, it can not be sent by SMS or post.
- Candidates have to log in with their user ID and password and enter the required details.
- Candidates must ensure that every piece of information should be correct.
- Candidates must keep the print out copy of their admit card for further process.
NEET PG 2021 Result
NEET PG Result 2021
had been declared on the official website in which applicants will be given an All India Rank, State Rank, and Marks Scored in the examination. Candidates read the given below points regarding result:
- Candidates have to download their results from the official website of NBE.
- Candidates have to log in with their user ID and password and fill the required details.
- Candidates are requested to download their scorecards as it will be helpful at the time of counselling and admission.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling
NEET PG 2021 Counselling
has been postponed. The new dates will be announced soon by the official authority. Students procuring seats through National level counselling can also appear for State and block the seat whichever is suitable. The candidates who qualify for the NEET PG 2021 cutoff can apply for the 50% all India quota counselling. To do so the candidates have to register themselves for the online counselling conducted by MCC through their official website MCC.nic.in. All remaining State Quota seats are filled by the respective states. The different States/ private institutions conduct counselling using their own state government/ designated counselling authority. At the time of counselling, candidates must carry their original documents and their scanned copy along with the admission letter.
- Admit Card
- Original birth certificate
- 10+2 marks sheet
- 10+2 passing certificate
- 10 marks sheet
- Diploma marks sheet and certificate
- SC/St/OBC certificate
- Residential certificate
Who conducts NEET PG 2021 Counselling?
- NEET PG 2021 counselling for All India 50% quota seats, AFMC and ESI institutions, Medical educational institutions of Central govt is conducted by Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India.
- Counselling for state quota seats is conducted by the State govt or authority designated by the State govt.
NEET PG 2021 Highlights
Candidates can check the basic information related NEET PG 2021 entrance exam given below:
NEET PG Basic Details 2021
NEET PG 2021 or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate 2021
National Board of Examination
Postgraduate Courses in Medical Sciences
NEET Official website
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Medical Courses across India
National Board of Examination
National Board of Examination is established in 1975 at New Delhi under the Delhi Society registration act. NBE board is under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India. There are around 149 recognized colleges. There are 450 accredited institutions imparting training in various Broad and Super specialities for the award of a postgraduate qualification in Broad and super specialities. The Board at present conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in 54 disciplines approved by the Board for the award of Diplomate of National Board.
|Exam ||Full name||Purpose|
|NEET SS||National Eligibility Entrance Test Super Speciality||Admission to various DM/MCh courses|
|NEET MDS||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Master of Dental Surgery||Admission to MDS Courses|
|FET||National Board of Examinations Fellowship Entrance Test||Post-Doctoral FNB program.|
|FMGE||Foreign Medical Graduate Examination screening test||The screening test is conducted for the Indian national candidates those have a qualification degree from a foreign university and they wish to practice in India|
|DNB CET||Diplomat of National Board Centralized Entrance Exam||To offer admission in super-speciality courses|
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate
NEET PG entrance exam is the National level exam of India to offer admission to candidates in postgraduate medical courses in different government or private colleges across the country. National Board of Examination(NBE) is the conducting body. It is only an entrance exam that provides admission in MD/MS/Diploma.