NEET PG 2020 2nd round Counseling Registration has been started on 03 June 2020. The exam of NEET-PG 2020 has been conducted on the 05 January 2020. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate(NEET-PG) 2020 is organized by the National Board of Examination (NBE). NEET PG is conducted once in a year at the national level which is compulsory for all the aspirants who wish to pursue post-graduation in the medical field. The courses offered include the MD/MS/PG Diploma which further has various fields in which candidates wish to pursue their masters.
50% of the All India seats are reserved by MCC for the candidates who qualify the NEET-PG examination and the rest of the seats are reserved by the State which again offers admission based on the NEET PG score and merit. The State domicile that candidate apply with will get them rank in that particular state apart from which an All India Rank would be assigned as well.
- All India 50% quota seats (all states except Jammu & Kashmir)
- State quota seats (including Jammu & Kashmir)
- All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions % Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country.
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad Specialty Courses.
NEET PG 2020 Latest Updates
- NEET PG 2nd round counselling has been started from 03 June 2020. Shortlisted candidates can download the allotment letters by logging into their registered accounts.
NEET PG 2020 Important Dates
NEET PG Important Dates 2020 are mentioned below which shall be followed by all the applicants to not miss on anything important:
NEET PG Important Dates 2020
Availability of Application Form
01 November 2019
Last date to fill the Application form
21 November 2019
Last date for payment of application fees
21 November 2019
Admit Card Release Date
Fourth week of December 2020
NEET PG 2020 Exam date
05 January 2020
30 January 2020
Release of Scorecard
03 February 2020
03 June 2020
The new dates will be updated as the counselling committee announces on the official website.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
has been postponed. The new dates will be announced soon by the official authority.. Students procuring seats through National level counselling can also appear for State and block the seat whichever is suitable. The candidates who qualify the NEET PG 2020 cutoff can apply for the 50% all India quota counselling. To do so the candidates have to register themselves for the online counselling conducted by MCC through their official website mcc.nic.in. All remaining State Quota seats are filled by the respective states. The different States/ private institutions conduct counselling using their own state government/ designated counselling authority. At the time of counselling, candidates must carry their original documents and their scanned copy along with the admission letter.
- Admit Card
- Original birth certificate
- 10+2 marks sheet
- 10+2 passing certificate
- 10 marks sheet
- Diploma marks sheet and certificate
- SC/St/OBC certificate
- Residential certificate
Who conducts NEET PG 2020 Counselling?
- NEET PG 2020 counselling for All India 50% quota seats, AFMC and ESI institutions, Medical educational institutions of Central govt is conducted by Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India.
- Counselling for state quota seats is conducted by the State govt or authority designated by the State govt.
NEET PG 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the NEET PG 2020 application form from 01 November 2019 and last till the 21 November 2019. Applicants are requested to go through the below-mentioned guidelines for NEET PG registration 2020 to not make any mistakes while filling up the application form:
- Candidates can get the application form on the NEET PG official website.
- Candidates have to register themselves before filling the form and generate a user ID and password.
- Candidates login with user id and password and fill the application form.
- Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must submit their application form through the online mode only because of no application form will be accepted by offline or post.
- At last, candidates need to pay the application fees through online mode.
NEET PG Application Fee
NEET PG Application Fee 2020 is mentioned below category wise and shall be paid accordingly by the candidates:
NEET PG Registration Fees
Mode of Payment: Application Fee can be paid via Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility are given below for all sorts of applicants and all the applicants must go through it to know about their eligibility:
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals:-
- Foreign national candidates can appear for the examination without MCI registration.
- Candidates must complete their internship before 31 March 2020 or have a qualification that is not recognized by the IMC act.
- Candidates need to submit their rotational internship certificate.
- Registration with MCI/State Medical Council is important, and its documentary proof should be submitted on the exam day and at the time of counselling.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Medical Graduate:-
- Indian or oversea candidates who are pursuing their medical college from outside India have clear Foreign Medical Graduate Examination(Screening Test) which will be conducted by the National Board of Examination(NBE).
- Candidates should register themselves with MCI/SMC.
- Candidates who are graduate from foreign are required to submit their FMGE passing certificate issued by NBE on the examination day.
Eligibility Criteria for National:-
- Candidates must have MBBS or Provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized as per the provision of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Candidates must complete their rotational internship before or on 31 March 2020.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
210 minutes (3½ hours)
No. of Questions asked
300: 50 – Section A
100 – Section B
150 – Section C
Type of Questions
+4 for Correct and -1 for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Subject wise distribution of Marks in the below table:
NEET PG Exam Pattern
Social and preventive medicine
General Medicine including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry
General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
NEET PG Syllabus 2020
will comprise of subjects studied in the 5-year MBBS course by all the applicants and must be thoroughly studied as the difficulty of the examination is considered to be good and not easy to crack.
NEET PG 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates must check the given mentioned point regarding NEET PG preparation 2020 tips for better preparation:
- Make notes of everything as it is easier to refer to notes than going through all over again.
- Daily revision is an important aspect as everyone tends to forget or the memory of what they studied becomes faded which needs to be polished time and again.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Candidates give some time for recreation.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and the scope of improvement is there if needed.
- Keep calm at the time of examination and focus.
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their NEET PG Admit card 2020
from 31 December 2019
and must be downloaded by all the applicants and undermentioned guidelines must be followed:
- Candidate needs to download their admit card from the official website, it can not be sent by SMS or post.
- Candidates have to log in with their user ID and password and enter the required details.
- Candidates must ensure that every information should be correct.
- Candidates must keep the print out copy of their admit card for further process.
NEET PG 2020 Result
NEET PG Result 2020
has been declared on the official website of NBE on 30 January 2020 in which applicants will be given an All India Rank, State Rank, and Marks Scored in the examination. Candidates read the given below points regarding result:
- Candidates have to download their results from the official website of NBE.
- Candidates have to log in with their user ID and password and fill the required details.
- Candidates are requested to download their scorecards as it will be helpful at the time of counselling and admission.
NEET PG 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check the basic information related NEET PG 2020 entrance exam given below:
NEET PG 2020 or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate 2020
National Board of Examination
Postgraduate Courses in Medical Sciences
NEET Official website
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Medical Courses across India
National Board of Examination
National Board of Examination is established in 1975 at New Delhi under the Delhi Society registration act. NBE board is under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India. There are around 149 recognized colleges. There are 450 accredited institutions imparting training in various Broad and Super specialities for the award of a postgraduate qualification in Broad and super specialities. The Board at present conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in 54 disciplines approved by the Board for the award of Diplomate of National Board.
|Exam ||Full name||Purpose|
|NEET SS||National Eligibility Entrance Test Super Speciality||Admission to various DM/MCh courses|
|NEET MDS||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Master of Dental Surgery||Admission to MDS Courses|
|FET||National Board of Examinations Fellowship Entrance Test||Post-Doctoral FNB program.|
|FMGE||Foreign Medical Graduate Examination screening test||The screening test is conducted for the Indian national candidates those have a qualification degree from a foreign university and they wish to practice in India|
|DNB CET||Diplomat of National Board Centralized Entrance Exam||To offer admission in super-speciality courses|
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate
NEET PG entrance exam is the National level exam of India to offer admission to candidates in postgraduate medical courses in different government or private colleges across the country. National Board of Examination(NBE) is the conducting body. It is only an entrance exam that provides admission in MD/MS/Diploma.