NEET MDS 2021 or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Master of Dental Surgery is an entrance exam organized at the national level. This exam is conducted yearly by the National Board of Examination( NBE) to provide admission to the eligible candidates in Dental surgery Post Graduate Programmes offered by various Government, Private, and Deemed Colleges all over India. AIIMS, New Delhi does not consider NEET MDS score for admission PG Dental course. The candidates need to read the full article to get complete information about NBE conducted NEET MDS 2021 Important dates of exam, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, exam pattern, exam syllabus etc.
NEET MDS 2021 Application Form
- The candidates can fill the application form online by going to the official website.
- Candidates are advised to go through the information brochure before applying for the application form.
- No mandatory column in the online application form should be left blank.
- Application Forms cannot be submitted through offline mode or printed copy by post.
- If the application form is rejected due to any reason, no request/correspondence for reconsideration will be accepted by the authority.
- A correction window will open within 15 days after the closing of registration. Candidates will be given a week time to rectify the mistakes and fill the blanks left along with the supporting documents.
- The candidates are advised to fill and submit their application form before the last date. The candidate submitting their application form after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Offline Application mode is not available.
NEET MDS 2021 Application Fees
NEET MDS 2021 Application Fee is mentioned below and shall be paid accordingly by the candidates:
Fee Structure of NEED MDS 2021
Mode of Payment- There is no other mode of submission of fees except for online payment through Payment Gateway.
Online mode: Application Fee can be paid via Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
NEET MDS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
NEET MDS 2021 eligibility criteria can be check below:
The eligibility criteria for Admission to MDS courses:
- The candidates should have obtained their Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree from a recognized institute/University in India.
- The candidate should have done their training (12 months duration) in rotation or practical training before 31st March of respective year for appearing in NEET MDS exam
- The candidates are required to register themselves with the State Dental Council or Dental Council of India.
Eligibility criteria for All India 50% Quota Seats:
- Candidates who have studied or passed BDS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
Deputy Director (Examinations)
National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029
Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Nationals in NEET-MDS 2021:
- Foreign Nationals can write NEET-MDS without DCI registration.
- The Council may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the postgraduate training restricted to the dental college/institution to which he or she is admitted for the time being exclusively for postgraduate studies:
- Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered as medical practitioner in his/her own country from which he/she has obtained his/her basics dental qualification and that his/her degree is recognized by the corresponding state dental council or concerned authority.
NEET MDS 2020 Exam Pattern
NEET MDS 2021 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
Exam Pattern for NEET MDS 2021
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+4 for Correct
-1 for Incorrect
0 for Unattempted Question
Medium of examination
NEET MDS 2021 Syllabus
The NEET MDS 2021 Syllabus will be covering all the subjects and syllabus of BDS course as prescribed in DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 from time to time.
Applied Basic Sciences
- Nutrition and Dietetics
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Embryology and Anatomy
- General and Oral Surgery
- Surgical Anatomy
- Surgical Procedures
- Conservative Dentistry
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- Oral Medicine
- Community Dentistry
NEET MDS 2021 Subject wise distribution of Questions
Candidates can see the distribution of questions in the two parts including the subject name in the table given below.
Subject wise Distribution of Questions
|S.No||Subject||No. of Questions|
|1||General Anatomy including embryology and|
|2||General human physiology and Biochemistry||14|
|3||Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14|
|4||General Pathology and Microbiology||14|
|5||General and Dental Pharmacology and|
|6||General Medicine ||15|
|2||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||14|
|3||Oral Medicine and Radiology||14|
|4||Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||14|
|5||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||14|
|7||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14|
|8||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14|
|9||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14|
|10||Public Health Dentistry||14|
| ||Grand Total (Part A+ Part B)||240|
NEET MDS 2021 Preparation Tips
NEET MDS 2021 Preparation Tips are given below:
- Prepare notes of everything as it is easier to refer to notes than going through all over again.
- Revision daily is just as everyone tends to forget or the memory of what they studied becomes faded which needs to be polished time and again.
- Ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Give time for recreation.
- Practising questions will give a reality check of the preparation and scope of improvement is there if needed.
- Be calm at the time of Examination.
NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card
NEET MDS 2021 Admit Card will be available from the official website of NBE. Candidates can go through the below points to get more details about NEET Admit card.
- The admit card will be available from December 2020.
- Admit Card will be issued only those candidates who have successfully submitted their application form.
- The candidates will need to enter their password and their registration number to download their admit card.
- Without Admit Card Candidates are not allowed to enter in the Examination Hall.
- Downloading of admit card will be intimated by SMS or notice.
- It must be noted that candidates will not receive the admit card by post.
NEET MDS 2021 Result
NEET MDS 2020 Result will be declared in January 2021 by the National Board of Examination (NBE) through online mode on their official website. To qualify the exam, candidates need to score 286 marks. The marks of NEET MDS exam would be valid for that qualifying year.
Here are a few steps to check the NEET MDS Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NBE.
- Step 2: Click the NEET MDS result link on the website.
- Step 3: Enter their login credentials to see their result.
- Step 4: The result will then be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Candidates have to download and print the restlt for future use.
NEET MDS 2021 Tie-Breaker Criteria
NEET MDS 2021 tie-breaker criteria will be used in case more than two candidates get the same score in NEET MDS result. Tie-Breaker criteria are given below:
- The candidates having lesser number of incorrect answers collectively ( Part 1+ Part 2) would be given a higher position on the merit list.
- The candidates obtaining a higher score in Part B would be given a higher position on the merit list.
- Candidates who have a lesser number of incorrect responses in Part B of the paper shall be placed at higher merit position.
- In case of a tie again, date of birth will be considered. Candidates with older age would be given a higher position on the merit list.
NEET MDS 2021 Merit List
NEET MDS 2021 Merit List will be available on the official website. The Merit list will be of three types:
- NEET MDS 2021 Merit List Rank: This merit list will comprise of the overall rank of the candidates who would be appearing for the exam.
- All India 50% Quota Rank: This list is also same as NEET MDS Merit List but the candidates having their names in this list would be eligible for all the All India 50% Quota Seats and Courses.
- All India 50% Quota Category Rank: This list is also the same as NEET MDS Merit List. The SC/ST/OBC candidates are included in the list of category candidates. This is valid only for All India 50% Quota MDS Courses.
The NEET MDS 2021 merit list will include the names of the candidates based on Minimum Qualifying Marks in NEET MDS Entrance Exam. The candidates who would be shortlisted would be called for the further selection process.
NEET MDS 2021 Cut-Off
NEET MDS 2021 cut-off marks will be decided by the National Board of Examination. The candidates will be selected based on cutoff marks and also the marks obtained by the candidates. The NEET MDS cut-off marks 2021 will depend on the following factors mentioned below:
- The difficulty level of questions
- Total number of candidates appearing for the exam
NEET MDS cut-off score (by NBE) is provided in the table given below:
Minimum Qualifying Criteria (in percentile)
Cut Off Marks
Revised Cut- Off Marks
NEET MDS 2021 Counselling
The candidates who will get minimum cut-off marks would be eligible to participate in the NEET MDS Counselling 2021. Following are the points candidates must go through regarding counselling information:
- The candidates firstly need to register themselves online to take part in the counselling process.
- After that, the candidates need to fill their choices (course and college). The All India Rank (AIR), Preferences, and options of seats available under each course would be the basis for the preparation of NEET MDS Counselling List.
- NEET MDS counselling process will be held separately for each category by the counselling authority given in the table below:
Types of Seats
All India 50% Quota- Dental Educational Institutions of Central Government Universities established by the Act. of ParliamentDeemed Universities
Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. Of India
State Quota Seats in all the Dental Institutions in State, and seats in Institutions established by the State Government Universities, Municipal Bodies Trust, or Minority Institutions
State Government or Authority designated by the State Government
Candidates are advised to regularly visit the website of MCC, NBE& State Counseling authorities for latest updates.
NEET MDS 2021 Highlights
Candidates can go through the important points in the table below to get a quick review of the exam:
NEET MDS 2021
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Master of Dental Surgery
National Board of Examination
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
NEET MDS Official website
For the admission in MDS courses offered by various Government, Private, and Deemed Colleges all over India.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET MDS, declaration of the result and handling of the result to MCC, DGHS, MoHFW for onward transmission to State Counseling Authorities. NBE has no role in counselling and allotment of seats. Documents verification and eligibility determination shall be undertaken at the time of counselling/admission process. Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin and carefully go through the instructions regarding submission of online application form given on NEET-MDS 2020 website www.nbe.edu.in before starting online submission of the application form. Information such as personal details, educational qualification etc. provided by the candidates in the online application form shall be treated as correct and NBE will not entertain, under any circumstances, any request for a change in the information provided by the candidates. The option of editing certain information entered in the application form shall be available to the candidates after the last date of online submission of application form for 3-5 days.