CAT 2022 or Common Admission Test will be held in the last week of November 2022. CAT 2022 Registration is likley to begin from August 2022. India’s most commonly known examination for graduates who wish to pursue Management Courses after their Graduation is the Common Admission Test 2022. CAT being a National Level examination, is conducted annually and applicants from across India can participate and can get admissions into PGP, PGP-FABM, PGP, PGP-HRM, PGPEM, PGPPM courses offered by more than 200 B-Schools, apart from IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management). Candidates can get the whole information and details regarding CAT 2022 below article.
CAT 2022 Exam Status
Candidates can check CAT status from below:
|Exam Status||No official notification announce yet|
CAT 2022 Important Dates
CAT 2022 Important Dates are mentioned in the table given below:
CAT 2022 Exam Dates
Commencement of Online Registration
| August 2022|
Last date of Online Registration
| September 2022|
Release of Admit Card
| October 2022|
CAT 2022 official answer key release
|1st week of December 2022|
Last date to challenge answer key and response sheet
|1st week of December 2022|
Declaration of Results
CAT 2022 Application Form
IIM will start the online registration of CAT 2022 in August 2022. Candidates must read the detail given below to avoid any mistake while filling out the form:
- Before filling out the application form, candidates must do the registration.
- Changes to any of the information in the application form are not possible.
- Candidates can log out and exit the form any number of times to edit and complete later or save & continue till they submit the application form.
An application form has six sections :
- Father/Husbands/Guardians name and Mother name are compulsory.
- Upload Documents
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Diploma course details
- Bachelor's degree details
- Master's degree details
- Other professional degrees details
- Only full-time experience after graduation
- Part-time/Project/Internship/Articleship/Pre-graduation will not be counted as work experience.
- Candidates can select any number of programs and then select the interview city for that course.
- Candidates can select any four test cities as per their preference
- In case, Candidate is not allotted to any of the preference test cities then candidates will be allotted a nearby test city.
- Online payment can be done via net banking/Credit card/debit card/e-wallet.
CAT 2022 Application Fee
CAT 2022 Application Fee is given Category/gender wise which must be paid Online after the completion of the Application form:
CAT 2022 Registration Fee
|Category ||Application Fee|
|General / EWS – NC – OBC category ||Rs 2200/-|
|SC/ST/ PWD||Rs 1100/-|
CAT 2022 Form Correction
IIM allows the candidates to make corrections in their CAT Application Form after submission, but only in the uploaded images. The candidates can change their uploaded scanned photo and signature only.
What details can be corrected?
For correction in all other details?
Contact [email protected] The candidates have to mention their errors and if CAT authorities allow they can go ahead with changes as per the instructions given.
To make corrections in the images the candidates have to log in on his cat.ac.in using their User ID and password. They can then access their dashboard and edit their images in the form therein.
CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2022 Eligibility
is mentioned for all aspirants concerning their categories, age, educational qualification, etc.
- Age Criteria: There will be no age limit prescribed for appearing in the CAT entrance exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying aspirant must have passed his/her Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized Board/University.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. The aspirants belonging to ST/SC/PWD category must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination they last appeared in.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent can also apply with valid proof of documents at the time of admission otherwise their candidature will be canceled.
NOTE: Candidates who possess an equivalent exam degree recognized by MHRD, Government of India (including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers) are also eligible.
CAT 2022 Admit Card
CAT 2022 Admit Card will be available on the official website, candidates are requested to download and print their admit cards as it is an important document to be carried to the examination centre. Below mentioned guidelines for CAT 2022 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
can be followed by the candidates:
- If candidates are found without CAT Admit Card in the examination hall, there are chances that the authorities might not allow them to appear for the examination.
- If there is any discrepancy found in the Admit Card particulars, the candidate must immediately get in touch with the Official Authority to get it rectified.
- Visit the Exam centre before the final exam day if the venue is unfamiliar.
- No query related to the hall ticket will be entertained on the day of the examination
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
is given below which contains information like mode of examination, duration of the examination, several types of questions asked, the language in which the exam can be taken by the candidates, etc.
CAT 2022 Paper Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
120 minutes (02 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
MCQ (Objective) & Subjective
+3 for Correct and -1 for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Below mentioned is the section-wise division of examination and the total number of marks they carry each:
Number of Questions
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
CAT 2022 Syllabus
CAT 2022 Syllabus is mentioned below subject wise:
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:
- Assumptions, Binary Logic, Blood Relations, Clocks and Calendars, Coding-Decoding, Data Arrangement, Data Structures, Direction Sense, Family Tree, Proposition, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Series, Sets, Statements, Syllogism, Venn Diagram
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
- Analogies, Antonyms, Contextual usage, Different usage of the same word, Fill in the blanks, Foreign language words used in English, Grammar, Idioms, Jumbled paragraphs, One-word substitution, Para Completion and inference, Para jumbles, Reading Comprehension, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Syllogisms, Verbal Logic, Verbal Reasoning
- Bars, Caselets, Data Sufficiency, Line Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables, etc.
CAT 2022 Preparation Tips
CAT 2022 Preparation Tips are mentioned below for all the candidates who will be appearing for CAT 2022 Examination and are looking for guidance on how to go on CAT exam preparation:
- candidates must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources, and various other important factors.
- Once the preparation chart is ready, start with the preparation which will include studying all the important topics in-depth, not so important topics in brief but do not miss on any topic as this exam tests the ability.
- If the candidates are taking any coaching classes or external help, their guidance and all that candidates learn over there helps but the same is the number of efforts they need to put in every day on their own.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and scope of improvement as well, apart from which candidates must solve one CAT previous year papers as it will give an idea of the exam pattern.
- Join a test series and write tests every day as it will add up to the speed, accuracy, and refinement in answering questions.
- Write 2-3 mock tests every day and try writing a full-length paper at the time candidates will be writing the final CAT Test 2022 Examination.
CAT 2022 Answer Key
Candidates can check the CAT 2022 Answer Key will be released by the official authority. The answer key is available online mode only on the website.
- Individual responses to questions along with the official answer key have been published by the authority.
- Applicants can challenge the answer key by filling the objection form.
- Candidates can log in by using a user ID & password to view the answer key & question paper.
- CAT answer key along with the response sheet and question papers are uploaded under the login of the candidates.
- The official answer key is released by the conducting IIM and after a few days of the exam.
- The official answer key and response sheet are available for objections.
- The fee to challenge objection in CAT answer key is (to be announced, last year it was Rs. 1200 per challenge).
- After reviewing the challenges, a final answer key is also released, based on which CAT scores are calculated.
CAT 2022 Result
CAT 2022 Result will be announced by the official authority. Candidates qualifying for the examination will be allowed by the individual institutes to appear for the Personal Interview/Group discussion rounds based on their merit and number of applicants applying and various other criteria.
- CAT 2022 result will be declared under the login of the candidates and can be checked using user Id and password
- Once the centralized result is announced, candidates will have to apply individually for various colleges and appear in their Interview and Group Discussion rounds if they get a call from the colleges.
CAT 2022 Score
Candidates' CAT 2022 scorecards will be made accessible on the CAT official website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS. The CAT result 2022 which will be issued as a scorecard, has the following elements:
- Scaled/normalized score in each section
- Overall scaled/normalized score
- Percentile in each section
- Overall percentile in CAT
The percentile score of CAT is calculated using the formula below:
Formula for CAT percentile score (p) = [ (N – R) / N] X 100]
- N – Total number of candidates who appeared for CAT.
- R – Rank assigned to candidates, based on the scaled score.
- IIM Indore releases CAT response sheet 2022.
- The response sheet refers to the answers marked by the candidate during the exam.
- CAT response sheet is released in the form of a question paper with questions, options, correct options (answer key), and answers marked by the candidate (responses).
- Candidates can download it during the response sheet viewing window as per the official timetable.
- To get a response sheet, one has to login at the CAT exam login, using user id and password.
- Candidates can also challenge the response sheet in the same duration, by selecting relevant responses they feel have been mistaken, and paying the requisite fee against them.
CAT 2022 Counselling
CAT 2022 Counselling will commence after the result declaration but will not be centralized, will be conducted individually by colleges accepting the CAT 2022 Result as their criteria.
CAT 2022 Top Institutes & Courses
Below listed are the institutes which are known for the highest cut-off rankers:
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi & Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA)
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
Apart from the above-mentioned colleges, a total of 20 IIMs and 500 other MBA colleges offer admission through CAT.
The courses offered after qualifying in the CAT written test, Interview, and Group discussion held by individual Institutes are listed below:
- Fellow Programme in Management (Ph.D.)
- Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Management (MBA)
- Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agri-business Management (MBA-FABM)
- One-Year Full Time Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (MBA-PGPX)
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
- Armed Forces Programme (AFP)
- ePost Graduate Programme (PGP)
- Executive Education Programmes (EEP) etc.
Above mentioned are a few courses that the Institutes offer under which there will be multiple branches of those courses which can be found in the individual websites of colleges in which the candidates are interested in taking admission IIMs:
Seats Availability in IIMs
CAT Seats Available in IIMs
PGDM - 120
PGD HRM - 48
CAT Previous Year Cut-Off
CAT 2022 Exam Centres
CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 158 test cities. Candidates will be given the option to select any six test cities in order of their preference. The candidates can checklist of test centres of CAT 2022 below in the table.
|State / Union Territory||City|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kakinada. Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Arrah, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Haryana||Ambala, Hisar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Rohtak|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, DharwadHubballi (Hubli), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Mangaluru (Mangalore), Mysuru (Mysore), Shivamogga (Shimoga), Udupi|
|Kerala||Kannur, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Raigad, Satara, Solapur, Thane, Palghar, Navi Mumbai, Vasai, Ulhasnagar|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Pathankot, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Sangrur, Amritsar|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Madurai, Trichy, Vellore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Salem|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bankura, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Naga, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Delhi NCR||Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Meerut, New Delhi, Noida|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
CAT 2022 Highlights
Check all the details about the Common Admission Test 2022 examination given below:
Common Admission Test (CAT 2022)
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
MBA, Fellow Programme in Management, etc.
CAT 2022 Official website
To offer admission in various Management Courses Offered by the numerous Institutions across India
About Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode was the fifth IIM to be established. It is an independent business institution set up in 1996 by the government of India. It was started with a batch of 42 students at the temporary campus of the National Institute of Technology, Calicut. It is ranked sixth amongst the management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018.