CAT 2020 has opened the Application form correction window from 27 September 2020 to 29 September 2020. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 29 November 2020 by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode. The candidates can apply online on the official website from 05 August to 23 September 2020. India’s most commonly known examination for graduates who wish to pursue Management Courses after their Graduation is the CAT (Common Admission Test). CAT being a National Level examination, is conducted annually and applicants from across India can participate and can get admissions into PGP, PGP-FABM, PGP, PGP-HRM, PGPEM, PGPPM courses offered by more than 200 B-Schools, apart from IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management). The examination is conducted in rotation by one of the 6 older IIMs.
- Application form Correction window is opened from 27 September (10:00 am) till 29 September 2020 (5:00 pm).
- CAT 2020 is to be held on 29 November 2020.
- The online registration is ongoing from 05 August until 23 September 2020(extended).
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card from 28 October 2020.
CAT 2020 Important Dates
CAT 2020 Important Dates are mentioned in the table given below:
CAT 2020 Exam Dates
Commencement of Online Registration
05 August 2020
Last date of Online Registration
16 September 2020
23 September 2020
Window for Corrections
27 September- 29 SEptember 2020
Release of Admit Card
28 October 2020
29 November 2020
Declaration of Results
Link to download the CAT information brochure is given below on this page only.
CAT 2020 Application Form
CAT 2020 Application Form is available on the Official Website from 05 August 2020 and last until 23 September 2020. There is no other way to process the application form but online. Candidates are requested to follow the below-mentioned guidelines while filling up the CAT 2020 Registration form
to avoid mistakes:
- The photograph and signature uploaded during the time of applying for CAT 2020 Examination will be used for the admission process.
- Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be rejected.
- Fill in the details in the CAT exam form correctly and must upload correct and valid documents.
- Candidate must ensure the successful submission of their application in the portal failing to which their candidature will be cancelled automatically.
Following are the steps candidates have to go through while applying for CAT 2020
- Registration of the Individual candidate
- Uploading the required Documents
- Application Fee Payment
- Confirmation of Application
CAT 2020 Application Fee
CAT 2020 Application Fee is given Category/gender wise which must be paid Online after the completion of the Application form:
CAT Application Fee 2020
Online fee payment can be done via Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card/e-wallets etc.
CAT 2020 Form Correction
IIM Kozhikode allows the candidates to make correction in their CAT Application Form after submission, but only in the uploaded images. The candidates can change their uploaded scanned photo and signature only.
What details can be corrected?
For correction in all other details?
Contact [email protected] The candidates have to mention their errors and if CAT authorities allow they can go ahead for changes as per the instructions given.
To make correction in the images the candidates have to log in on iimcat.ac.in using their User ID and password. They can then access their dashboard and edit their images in the form therein.
CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2020 Eligibility
is mentioned for all aspirants concerning their categories, age, educational qualification etc.
- Age Criteria: There will be no age limit prescribed for appearing in CAT entrance exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying aspirant must have passed his/her Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized Board/University.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. For the aspirants belonging to ST/SC/PWD category must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination they last appeared in.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent can also apply with valid proof of documents at the time of admission otherwise their candidature will be cancelled.
NOTE: Candidates who possess an equivalent exam degree recognized by MHRD, Government of India (including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers) are also eligible.
CAT 2020 Admit Card
CAT 2020 Admit Card will be available on the official website from October 2020
, candidates are requested to download and print their admit cards as it is an important document to be carried to the examination centre. Below mentioned guidelines for CAT 2020 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
can be followed by the candidates:
- If candidates are found without CAT Admit Card in the examination hall, there are chances that the authorities might not allow them to appear for the examination.
- If there is any discrepancy found in the Admit Card particulars, the candidate must immediately get in touch with the Official Authority to get it rectified.
- Visit the Exam centre before the final exam day if the venue is unfamiliar.
- No query related to the hall ticket will be entertained on the day of examination.
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
is given below which contains information like mode of examination, duration of the examination, a number of type of questions asked, the language in which the exam can be taken by the candidates etc.
CAT Paper Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (3 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
MCQ (Objective) & Subjective
+3 for Correct and -1 for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Below mentioned is the section-wise division of examination and the total number of marks they carry each:
Number of Questions
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
CAT 2020 Syllabus
CAT 2020 Syllabus is mentioned below subject wise:
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:
- Assumptions, Binary Logic, Blood Relations, Clocks and Calendars, Coding-Decoding, Data Arrangement, Data Structures, Direction Sense, Family Tree, Proposition, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Series, Sets, Statements, Syllogism, Venn Diagram
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
- Analogies, Antonyms, Contextual usage, Different usage of the same word, Fill in the blanks, Foreign language words used in English, Grammar, Idioms, Jumbled paragraphs, One-word substitution, Para Completion and inference, Para jumbles, Reading Comprehension, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Syllogisms, Verbal Logic, Verbal Reasoning
- Bars, Caselets, Data Sufficiency, Line Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables etc.
CAT 2020 Preparation Tips
CAT 2020 Preparation Tips are mentioned below for all the candidates who will be appearing for CAT 2020 Examination and are looking for guidance on how to go on CAT exam preparation:
- candidates must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors.
- Once the preparation chart is ready, start with the preparation which will include studying all the important topics in-depth, not so important topics in brief but do not miss on any topic as this exam tests the ability.
- If the candidates are taking any coaching classes or external help, their guidance and all that candidates learn over there helps but same is the number of efforts they need to put in every day on their own.
- Ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and scope of improvement as well, apart from which candidates must solve one CAT previous year papers as it will give an idea of the exam pattern.
- Join a test series and write tests every day as it will add up to the speed, accuracy and refinement in answering questions.
- Write 2-3 mock tests every day and try writing a full-length paper at the time candidates will be writing the final CAT Test 2020 Examination.
CAT 2020 Answer Key
Candidates can check the CAT 2020 Answer Key as it will be released in November 2020 by the official authority. The answer key is available through online mode only on the website.
- Individual responses to questions along with the official answer key have been published by the authority.
- Applicants can challenge the answer key until the second week of December 2020 by filling the objection form.
- Candidates can log in by using user ID & password to view answer key & question paper.
CAT 2020 Result
CAT 2020 Results will be announced on the official website in January 2020. Candidates qualifying the examination will be allowed by the individual institutes to appear for the Personal Interview/Group discussion rounds based on their merit and number of applicants applying and various other criteria.
- Once the centralized result is announced, candidates will have to apply individually for various colleges and appear in their Interview and Group Discussion rounds if they get a call from the colleges.
CAT 2020 Score
Candidates' CAT 2020 scorecards will be made accessible on the CAT official website. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS.
- CAT 2020 score is valid only till 31 December 2020, and will accordingly be accessible on the website.
- Thereafter, no queries related to the issuance of CAT 2020 scorecards will be entertained by any institution.
CAT 2020 Counselling
CAT 2020 Counselling will commence after the result declaration but will not be centralized, will be conducted individually by colleges accepting the CAT 2020 Result as their criteria.
CAT 2020 Top Institutes & Courses
Below listed are the institutes which are known for the highest cut-off rankers:
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi & Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA)
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
Apart from the above-mentioned colleges, a total of 20 IIMs and 500 other MBA colleges offer admission through CAT.
The courses offered after qualifying in the CAT written test, Interview and Group discussion held by individual Institutes are listed below:
- Fellow Programme in Management (PhD)
- Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Management (MBA)
- Two-Year Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agri-business Management (MBA-FABM)
- One-Year Full Time Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (MBA-PGPX)
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
- Armed Forces Programme (AFP)
- ePost Graduate Programme (PGP)
- Executive Education Programmes (EEP) etc.
Above mentioned are a few courses that the Institutes offer under which there will be multiple branches of those courses which can be found in the individual websites of colleges in which the candidates are interested in taking admission IIMs:
Seats Availability in IIMs
CAT Seats Available in IIMs
PGDM - 120
PGD HRM - 48
CAT Previous Year Cut-Off
CAT 2020 Exam Centres
The candidates can checklist of test centres of CAT 2020 below in the table.
|State / Union Territory||City|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kakinada. Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Arrah, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Haryana||Ambala, Hisar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Rohtak|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, DharwadHubballi (Hubli), Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Mangaluru (Mangalore), Mysuru (Mysore), Shivamogga (Shimoga), Udupi|
|Kerala||Kannur, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Raigad, Satara, Solapur, Thane, Palghar, Navi Mumbai, Vasai, Ulhasnagar|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Pathankot, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Sangrur, Amritsar|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Madurai, Trichy, Vellore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Salem|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bankura, Burdwan, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Naga, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Delhi NCR||Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Meerut, New Delhi, Noida|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
CAT 2020 Highlights
Check all the details about the Common Admission Test 2020 examination given below:
Common Admission Test (CAT 2020)
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
MBA, Fellow Programme in Management, etc.
CAT Official website
To offer admission in various Management Courses Offered by the numerous Institutions across India
About Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode was the fifth IIM to be established. It is an independent business institution set up in 1996 by the government of India. It was started with a batch of 42 students at the temporary campus of National Institute of Technology, Calicut. It is ranked sixth amongst the management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018.