CAT 2020 Rank Predictor is a unique tool to check the candidate's probable score soon after appearing for the examination. IIM Kozhikode has conducted Common Admission Test 2020 for this year for the aspirants who are interested to study management courses from the prestigious IIM and other B-schools. CAT 2020 Rank predictor will determine the rank of the test-takers through normalization process, as candidate get anxious after the examination to know their rank. The rank predictor allows one to calculate his/her estimated CAT Percentile beyond that it also helps one in getting a brief idea of his/her overall performance in the test and at which institute they can get admission in. To know more about CAT 2020 Rank predictor scroll down below.
How to use CAT 2020 Rank Predictor?
Candidates can follow the below-given steps to know their predictable score:
- Visit the CAT 2020 Rank Predictor tool.
- Fill all the asked details on the dashboard to carry forward with the process
- Next, mention aspirant's expected percentile as per the exam attempted
- Click on, “Predicted Rank”
- Candidate's predicted score will be displayed on the score
Details to be filled in CAT 2020 Rank Predictor
Following are the details candidate's needs to fill while predicting their rank:
- Registration Number
- Expected Percentile
How is CAT Score Equated?
CAT follows a psychometric process to adjust the difficulty level of the examination. The process is followed to keep a track on the metric calculation and justify the candidates who want to know their score. Three ways to calculate the score in CAT exam is:
- Scores are calculated as per the marking scheme which is three marks is awarded for each correct answer and one mark is deducted for every wrong answer
- Next, through the statistical process, candidates marks are calculated on the same questions asked in two or more different forms. According to this method, the raw marks are calculated
- Through the equating process, a common range of marks are prepared of the candidates which further helps to create a range of scores and to prepare percentile rank.
Factors depending for CAT 2020 Rank Prediction
Candidates can predict their rank based on the following factors:
|Types of questions||Multiple-choice questions and TITA(Type in the answer type questions)|
|Total no. of questions||100|
+3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer attempted by the candidate
-1 mark will be deducted for wrong answers
|Total no. of candidates appearing||2-3 lakh (approx)|
These factors will affect candidates ranking on the rank predictor
CAT Normalization Process 2020
Following are the CAT Normalization process to calculate CAT percentile:
- Exam creation is a set of statistically profiled questions. These questions are of comparable difficulty. These different questions with the same difficulty levels are used in re-scaling candidate’s score to the metric of the item bank.
- The questions are properly analysed and their difficulty levels are assessed according to a standard metric. The normalization carries a base assumption that “in all multi-session CAT papers, the distribution of abilities of candidates is the same across all of the sessions”.
- Then, the raw score of the candidate is scaled, and scores are established accordingly. This helps in awarding ranks to the candidates.
- The percentile rank is equated based on percentage score that falls below a certain specified score.
- With the total scale scores arranged in rank order from the lowest to highest in 100 equally sized groups, a table with the total scale scores to percentile ranks will be created.
- After the scores are identified and arranged, high scoring candidate’s name will be determined from the top among high scorers and subsequent list of low scorers.
- CAT percentile decides the rank of a management aspirant, relative to the rest of the aspirants who appeared for the same MBA entrance exam. The basic idea of the CAT percentile is to tell you what per cent of the students have scored less than you in the examination.
CAT 2019 Cut off
Check the minimum cut off required for session 2020-22 from the table below:
Expected CAT 2019 cut off
|IIM Calcutta|| 75|| 80|| 80|| 85|
CAT 2019 Cut off for Reservation Category
CAT 2019 Cut off Percentage
Every year IIM releases CAT 2019
cutoff marks for admission into IIM campuses and other B-schools.