CAT 2020 application form has been released on 05 August 2020 on the official website & the candidates can apply until 23 September 2020. Forms via anyother mode will not be accepted. This year CAT organizing authority is Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode. Common Admission Test is a national level entrance exam which conducts once ina year. This article contains all the important details regarding the CAT Application Form 2020.
- The last date to apply for CAT 2020 is extended until 23 September 2020.
CAT 2020 Application Form Dates
Application form of CAT 2020 has been released on the official website. Candidates must check the given dates related to the application form:
|Release of Notification||05 August 2020|
|Commencement of Online Registration||05 August 2020|
|Last date of Online Registration||16 September 2020 23 September 2020 |
|Window for Corrections||Fourth to last week of September 2020|
|CAT 2020 Exam Date||29 November 2020|
CAT 2020 Application Form
IIM has started the online registration of CAT 2020 from 05 August 2020. Candidates must read the detail given below to avoid any mistake while filling the form:
- Before filling the application form, candidates must do the registration.
- Changes to any of the information in the application form are not possible.
- Candidates can log out and exit the form any numbers of time to edit and complete later or save & continue till they submit the application form.
An application form has six sections :
- Father/Husbands/Guardians name and Mother name is compulsory.
- Upload Documents
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Diploma course details
- Bachelor's degree details
- Master's degree details
- Other professional degrees details
- Only full-time experience after graduation
- Part-time/Project/Internship/Articleship/Pre-graduation will not be counted as work experience.
- Candidates can select any number of programme and then select the interview city for that course.
- Candidates can select any four test cities as per their preference
- In case, Candidate is not allotted to any of the preference test cities than candidates will be allotted nearby test city.
- Online payment can be done via net banking/Credit card/debit card/e-wallet.
CAT 2020 Application Fee
CAT 2020 Application Fee is given Category/gender wise which must be paid Online after the completion of the Application form:
Online fee payment can be done via Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card/e-wallets etc.
CAT 2020 Registration
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 registration is started from the 05 August 2020 on the official website. Candidates must remember the given instruction while filling the registration:
- CAT registration is available on the official website.
- Name of the candidates are the same as to mention in the 10th/SSC certificate
- Candidates email id should be valid and unique. Candidates will receive their user ID on this on the given email address only.
- Candidates will receive an OTP to verify mobile number and password as an SMS only on that number.
- After submission, within 5 minutes candidates will receive their user-id on the email from the administration.
- If candidates do not receive the email within a period of time, check their spam folder.
- Candidates user id or password will be sent on their registered email id, not on the mobile number.
How to Apply for CAT 2020?
Given below are the procedure for CAT 2019 registration, so candidates must read it very carefully:
- Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves first then only they can fill the application form. To apply for the same.
- Step 2: Create your user profile.
- Step 3: Candidates have to generate OTP by clicking on 'Generate OTP' option to complete the registration process.
- Step 4: Candidates redirecting to CAPTCHA to fill.
- Step 5: Submit the OTP received on your mobile for verification.
- Step 6: If candiade forget their user id or password, click on forget user id and password button.
Steps to fill the form
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Fill the given details carefully
- Step 3: Uploads the required documents.
- Step 4: Candidates pay the application fees through online modes.
- Step 5: It is compulsory for all candidates to select the checkboxes
- Step 6: Submit the application form.
Download CAT 2020 Registration Guide Pdf
CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2020 is mentioned for all candidates concerning their categories, age, educational qualification etc.
- Age Criteria: There will be no age limit prescribed for appearing in CAT exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed his/her Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized Board/University.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. For the candidates belonging to ST/SC/PWD category must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination they last appeared in.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent can also apply with valid proof of documents at the time of admission otherwise their candidature will be cancelled
CAT 2020 Test Centres
CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 156 test cities. Candidates will be given the option to select any six test cities in order of their preference.