CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria is been released on the official website of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM). Candidates need to have a clear idea of the Eligibility Criteria for the CAT exam before filling the form. c. This exam is conducted every year in an online (computer-based test) mode. Candidates are selected and are qualified for "Qualification Eligibility Criteria" by the score & rank secured in this Computer-based test to various Management Institutions and B-school.
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2021 eligibility criteria for the MBA entrance exam is given below. Candidates applying for CAT 2021 should fulfill one of these conditions:
- A Bachelor's Degree completion
- Completion of these professional degrees(CA/CS/ICWA)
- Bachelor's final year candidates
- Candidates must use a unique email id throughout the selection process.
- No change will be entertained in the category after registration.
- Apart from these, candidates also need to clear their Qualification Eligibility Criteria to get shortlisted by IIM.
CAT 2021 Qualification Eligibility Criteria
Qualification eligibility criteria for CAT 2021 are mentioned below, candidates must check:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for general, EWS, and NC-OBC category.
- Minimum marks for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD) category candidates is 45%.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their bachelors are eligible to apply.
- The percentage of the candidates would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective university/institute.
- If any university/institution has no such scheme for the conversion of CGPA into an equivalent percentage then the equivalence would be calculated by dividing the CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- The candidates who possess an equivalent qualification that has been recognized by the Minister of Human Resource Development.
CAT 2021 Reservation
The organizing authority release the CAT 2021 eligibility criteria, following are the certain reservation made for the candidates :
Reservation for CAT 2021
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|3||Other Backward Classes||27%|
|4||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||10%|
|5||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
According to The Rights to Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 the Specified disability are:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy.
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness.
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (first to fourth bullet point)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in ‘The Schedule’ of the RPwD
Act of 2016
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Reserved category
Following are CAT 2021 eligibility criteria for the reserved category. Candidates must submit a government-approved format caste certificate to IIM and should state:
- Name of the caste/tribe
- District and State or Union Territory of the candidate’s ordinary residence
- The appropriate Government of India schedule under which the candidate’s caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- Candidates must upload a copy of the caste certificate(SC/ST/NC-OBC/EWS/PwD) at the time of submitting the application form. Failing to do so will result in the cancelation of the Candidate's CAT registration.
- Candidates should submit the certificate at the time of interview and of joining the program.