CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria has been released by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), Kozhikode on the official website. Candidates must ensure that they are eligible for CAT exam before filling the form. Common Admission Test (CAT) entrance exam will be held on 24 November 2019. This exam is conducted every year in an online (computer-based test) mode. On the CAT score basis, candidates get a chance to take admission in different IIM and B - school colleges to pursue management programme.
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2019 eligibility criteria for MBA entrance exam is given below, so candidates read carefully:
- Candidates applying for CAT 2019 should follow one of these conditions:
- Complete a Bachelor's Degree
- Complete professional degree(CA/CS/ICWA)
- Bachelor's final year candidates
- Candidates must maintain a valid and unique email id throughout the selection process.
- No change will be possible in the category after registration.
- The mere fulfilment of the minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure the consideration for shortlisting by IIM.
CAT 2019 Qualification Eligibility Criteria
Qualification eligibility criteria for CAT 2019 are mentioned below, candidates must check:
- Candidates must pass the Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA for general, EWS and NC-OBC category.
- Minimum marks for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD) category candidates is 45%.
- Candidates who are in final are eligible for CAT 2019.
- Percentage of the candidates would be calculated based on the followed university/institute.
- If any university/institution has no such scheme for the conversion of CGPA into an equivalent percentage then the equivalence would be calculated by dividing the CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- The candidates who possess an equivalent qualification that has been recognised by Minister of Human Resource Development.
CAT 2019 Reservation
The organizing authority release the CAT 2019 eligibility criteria, certain reservation are made for candidates are given below :
Reservation for CAT 2019
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|3||Other Backward Classes||27%|
|4||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||10%|
|5||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
According to The Rights to Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 the Specified disability are:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness.
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in ‘The Schedule’ of the RPwD
Act of 2016
CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Reserved category
Mention below are CAT 2019 eligibility criteria for reserved category:
- Candidates must submit government-approved format caste certificate to IIM and should state:
- Name of the caste/tribe
- District and State or Union Territory of the candidate’s ordinary residence
- The appropriate Government of India schedule under which the candidate’s caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- Candidates must upload the copy of caste certificate(SC/ST/NC-OBC/EWS/PwD) at time of application form.
- Candidates should submit the certificate at the time of interview and joining the programme.