The Result of Panjab University Common Entrance Test Postgraduate(PU CET PG) 2020 is to be released on the official website of Panjab University on 1 July to 3 July 2020. The result is to be released in the form of a merit list in the pdf format. The result of only those candidates is to be released who has given the entrance exam. Candidates will be able to check their results by entering their details such as roll number, name and so more. On the basis of the merit list, the final selection of candidates for admission to the Panjab University will be made. Read this complete article to get more information about PU CET PG 2020 Results.
PU CET PG 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of events of PU CET PG 2020 are mentioned in the given below table.
Events and Dates of PU CET PG 2020
|Date of the entrance exam||13 June and 14 June 2020|
|Declaration of answer key||22 June 2020|
|Last date to fill the objections||24 June 2020 by 1 p.m.|
|Declaration of result||1 June to 3 June 2020|
Note: These are the new dates of the events of PU CET PG 2020 that was earlier postponed due to COVID 19.
How to Download PU CET PG 2020 Result?
There are the steps that candidates must follow in order to download their PU CET PG 2020 Result.
Step 1. In the first step, candidates have to visit the official website of Panjab University in order to check their result of the PU CET PG 2020 entrance exam.
Step 2. Then on the official website of Panjab University, candidates has to search here for "PU CET PG 2020 Results" link which will be flashing on the home page.
Step 3. After this, click on that link and then candidate will be directed to a new page on the browser.
Step 4. Now, candidates will be asked to enter their following details.
- Date of Birth(DOB) and registered mobile number, or
- Unique registration number obtained during application process
Step 5. Then click on the "submit" button.
Step 6. Now a new page of the result will be open on the desktop screen.
Step 7. At last, candidates are advised to download their result in the pdf format for future use and then to check their PU CET PG 2020 results,
Step 8. Now to check the result, candidate have to press Ctril+F and then they have to enter their enrolment number or name. The press enter button and the candidate's result will start blinking on the page.
Details Given in PU CET PG 2020 Result
The following are the details that candidates will be able to find on their PU CET PG 2020 results.
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate's father name
- Permanent address of the candidate
- Date of birth(DOB) of the candidate
- Rank obtained in the exam
- Qualifying status of the exam ie pass or fail
- Enrolment number of the candidate
PU CET PG 2020 Tie breaking Criteria
A tie is a situation when two or more candidates have scored equal marks or ranks in the final merit list. The tie in PU CET PG 2020 is to be solved by the following ways.
- At first, a candidate who has score a higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination will be given a higher rank in the order of merit.
- If the tie still persist, then a candidate who has scored a higher percentage of marks in the 12th class will be alloted a higher rank in the merit.
- At last, if the tie still persits, then tie wil be dissolved based on the candidates date of birth(DOB). A older candidate will be given preference over the younger candidate.
PU CET PG 2020 Counselling
- Those qualifying candidates whose names appear in the final merit list are eligible to appear in the counselling round.
- The counselling round is to be conducted by the Panjab university in the offline mode(face to face).
- In the counselling session, candidates have to bring all their required documents in photocopies as original for the submission.
- The information regarding the counselling session will be released on the official website of the university.
- The final allotment of seats to candidates is to be made in the counselling round.
- If a candidate has attend the counselling round, it does not mean that they will definitely grant a seat.
Documents Required for PU CET PG 2020 Counselling
The following are the documents that candidates have to bring in the counselling session.
- PU CET PG 2020 Rank card
- Marksheet of bachelor’s degree and Passing Certificate of 10th class
- Marksheet of cachelor’s degree and Passing Certificate of 12th class
- Transfer or leaving certificate issue by the institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Certificate of character
- Four passport recent sized color photographs
- Medical Certificate
About Panjab University
Panjab university also known as University of Panjab was established in the year 1882. The university is sitauted at Chandigarh with a campus area of almost 550 acres. The university is brand number one amongst the oldest universities in India and Ranked 363 in the Thomson Reuters powered 'Best Global Universities Rankings 2016' by US News and Global Report. Panjab University is a public university that has 78 teaching and research departments and 188 affialted colleges.