PU M.Phil & PhD. 2021 is also known as Punjab University M.Phil & PhD. The entrance exam is organized by Punjab University. The exam is conducted once a year at the university level for those applicants who are seeking to get admission in M.Phil & PhD programmes in the following fields of Arts, Business Management & Commerce, Design & Fine Arts, Education, Engineering, Languages, Law, and Science. The online application form will be available soon on the university portal. Candidates can read the whole article to know more about PU M.Phil & PhD. 2021 entrance test like application form, eligibility criteria, etc.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check the information of PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 which is mentioned below:
|Exam Status||No official notification announce yet|
PU M.Phil & PhD. 2021 Important Dates
Aspirants must go through the given below table to get to know about the future events about the Punjab University M.Phil & PhD. Entrance Exam 2021:
PU M.Phil & PhD. Entrance Test Schedule 2021
|Events ||Dates (Tentative)|
|Start date of Online Registration||The first week of June 2021|
|Last Date for Applying||Fourth week of June 2021|
|The last day to submit the application fee||Fourth week of June 2021|
|Last day to upload the required documents||Fourth week of June 2021|
|Final date by which roll number will be available(Admit card)||The first week of July 2021|
|Date of Entrance Test ||The first week of July 2021|
|Releasing of Answer Key||Fourth week of July 2021|
|Last Day to submit objections to the Answer Key (through email)||Fourth week of July 2021|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections (through email)||Fourth week of July 2021|
|Last Day to submit Cross-objections to answer key||Fourth week of July 2021|
|Result Declaration||The second week of August 2021|
Stay in touch to know the updates.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Application Form
The candidates can check the details about PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 application form below in the given points:
- The form will be released on the official website of Panjab University.
- Seeking aspirants will have to submit the form & requisite fee there only.
- Also, they will need to upload the scanned copy of mandatory documents in the prescribed format.
- Incomplete form will lead to cancellation of the candidature by the University and any further request for completion of the form after the due date will not be entertained at all.
- Applicants must give their relevant information only.
- Once the form has been submitted, any change in the form/information, including category once marked, shall not be allowed.
- The form must be submitted on or before the last date else it will not be accepted.
- Applicants are advised to get a printout of the filled form & retain it until the admission process gets over.
- The exam will be conducted at the university campus.
PU M.Phil & PhD. 2021 Application Fee
Check the online enrollment fee details for the entrance exam below:
PU M.Phil & P.hD Entrance Exam Registration Fee 2021
|For all Unreserved category candidates||Rs 2175/-|
|For (SC/ST/PwD) candidates||Rs 1088/-|
The fee once deposited will not be refunded by the authority in any case.
Mode of Payment-Fee can be paid via bank challan which will be generated online.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the form & depositing the fee online.
- Any candidate who holds the Master‟s degree in the concerned subject with a score of not less than 55% (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD Category) marks in aggregate, or have appeared in the final year examination of Master‟s degree in the subject concerned from Panjab University, Chandigarh or any other University shall also be eligible to appear for the M.Phil. & PhD Entrance Test.
- Eligibility for Faculty of Education
- For M.Phil- applicants should have passed M.P.Ed. of Panjab University or any other recognised university with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/BC Category).
- For PhD- Master‟s Degrees in Education / Master‟s Degree in Community Education and Development with 55% marks and 5% relaxation to the SC/ST/BC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time and, or for those who had obtained their Master‟s Degree before 19th September 1992.
PU M.Phil & P.hD 2021 Entrance Exam Exemption Rule
Those who have already cleared any of the national tests like UGC- CSIR NET including JRF, SLET, GATE (score 350 for general category and 300 for reserved categories), or any other prestigious test for national-level scholarship/fellowship conducted at all India level on behalf of the national institution(s), for example, GPAT, and JEST, Direct awardees of fellowship for pursuing PhD and working permanent teachers of Panjab University and affiliated college are all exempted from the entrance test.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 entrance exam question paper pattern below:
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Test Scheme
|Exam Medium||English(Test for Public Administration, Sociology, Social Work and Police Administration will be conducted in the medium of English, Hindi and Punjabi)|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Questions Type||Both Objective & Subjective type|
|Number of Papers||02 papers for all subjects(Paper 1 MCQ & Paper 2 Descriptive)|
|Duration of exam ||03 hours(180 minutes) MCQ of 60 minutes & descriptive paper of 120 minutes.|
|Number of questions||60 (50 for MCQ) & 10 for Subjective)|
|Questions to be attempted||50 for MCQ & 05 for subjective|
|Marking Scheme||The objective paper will carry a +1 mark for each correct response & the subjective paper will carry 10 marks for each question.|
The Syllabus for M.Phil. & PhD Entrance Examination will be as prescribed for Master‟s Degree or equivalent classes of Panjab University in the relevant subject.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Admit Card
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 admit card will be granted to those candidates who will successfully register themselves online. The candidates can check a few basic details about hall ticket nearby;
- The competent authority will release the admit card online on its web portal.
- Once the form will be submitted successfully by the candidate's Roll No. & Centre of Examination will be generated.
- Applicants will be required to download the hall ticket or Roll No. Slip from the website by the candidate using their own Login and Password ( provided while generating Bank Challan).
- There will be no physical communication made for this purpose to any individual who has submitted the online application form.
- Aspirants must carry the hard copy of their admit card to the exam hall as without it authority will not permit them to appear in the exam.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Answer Key
The answer key will be released on the official website of Panjab University after the exam will be over. The candidates can file their cross-objections (if any) regarding discrepancy and accuracy of the answers by email at [email protected] within a specified time period. In support of the objection raised, they will have to submit academic proof. After this, the authority will publish the final answer key which can not be objected to. Based on the final key, the result will be prepared.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Result
The examinees will be able to check their PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 result for the entrance test on the official website after the successful conduction of the exam & release of the answer key.
- The initial evaluation will be of Paper-I (Objective Type). Only if a candidate obtains 55% for unreserved categories (50% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks or more only then his/ her paper II will be evaluated.
- To qualify for M.Phil. & PhD enrolment the candidate must obtain at least 40% (35% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks in paper II.
- The candidates will have to check their result by using login credentials.
- The exam conducting body will not send the scorecard to any individual via post.
- If a candidate wishes to verify her/his result, then, in that case, a photocopy will be provided of her/his Answer Sheet on payment of Rs.10,000/- within 10 days after the result will be declared. The University office would complete the whole procedure of verification within three working days.
- In case, there will be any discrepancy in the result, it would accordingly be revised and the verification fee will be refunded.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Inter-se-Merit
Candidates securing equal marks shall be bracketed together. The tie-breaking rule will be applied to determine the merit of candidates.
- A candidate with a higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall rank higher.
- If ties persist then the candidates obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination, shall rank higher in order of merit.
- If both the above will remain the same then-candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Counselling
Those who will qualify for the entrance exam will be called for counselling purpose. The candidates will have to carry their documents in original at this time for verification purpose. During this time applicants will be allotted a seat. One who will fail to attend the counselling will not be given a seat. The interview for admission to the PhD shall be conducted twice a year. However, it shall not apply to the scholarship holders employed in a project. The Supervisor of the candidate shall be a member of the Interview Committee.
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Reservations Policy
The reservations are provided for admission into Panjab University M.Phil & PhD programmes as per the following:
|Other Backward Classes||5%|
|Person with Disability||3%|
PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 Highlights
Aspirants can check PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 entrance exam highlights below in the given table:
|Exam Name||PU M.Phil & PhD 2021 also known as Panjab University M.Phil Entrance Exam |
|Exam Conducting body||Panjab University|
|Level of exam||University level|
|Frequency ||Once a year|
|Purpose||To offer PhD & M.Phil programmes|
|PU M.Phil & PhD 2020 entrance exam official website||PhD admissions.much.ac.in|
About Panjab University
Panjab University is a public collegiate university located in Chandigarh. It originated in 1882 as the University of the Punjab Lahore, it was relocated to Chandigarh in the year 1947 as the East Punjab University after the partition of India, where the university was split between India and Pakistan.
The university has 78 teaching and research departments and 10 centres/chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh. It has 188 affiliated colleges spread over the eight districts of Punjab state and union territory of Chandigarh. It has faculties in the following areas of Engineering & Technology, Law, Business Management & Commerce.
It has the following constituent colleges:
- Baba Balraj Panjab University Constituent College, Balachaur (SBS Nagar)
- Panjab University Constituent College, Mokham Khan Wala (Ferozepur)
- Panjab University Constituent College, Nihalsingh Wala (Moga)
- Panjab University Constituent College, Dharamkot (Moga)
- Panjab University Constituent College, Sikhwala (Sri Muktsar Sahib)
- Saheed Udham Singh Panjab University Constituent College, Guru Har Sahai (Ferozpur)
- Khalsa college Chandigarh