TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus has been released by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad on the TS EAMCET web portal. The syllabus is available in the pdf form for both Medical & Engineering entrance exam. The candidates can check the detailed TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus below in the complete article and can prepare to appear in the exam based on the topics given in it to fetch a good score. Candidates can also download TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus pdf below.
TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus is designed at the level of Intermediate Course and equivalent to (10+2) scheme of Examination conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, TS. The syllabus is designed to indicate the scope of subjects included for TS EAMCET 2020. The candidates can check subject-wise TS EAMCET Syllabus 2020 below:
Syllabus for TS EAMCET 2020 Agriculture & Medical Stream
- The living world - What is living? Diversity in the living world; Taxonomic categories and taxonomical aids.
- Biological Classification- Plantae and Animalia, Monera, Protista, Fungi, 3 domains of life (six kingdom classification), Viruses, Viroids, Prions & Lichens.
- Science of plants – Botany: Origin, Development, Scope of Botany and Branches of Botany. Plant Kingdom: Salient features, classification and alternation of generations of the plants of the following groups - Algae, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms.
- Morphology of flowering Plants: Vegetative morphology and modifications- Root, Stem and Leaf- types; Parts of a typical Angiospermic plant, Venation, Phyllotaxy, Inflorescence - Racemose, Cymose and special types (in brief), parts of a flower and their detailed description; Aestivation, Placentation & Fruits: Types- True, False and Parthenocarpic fruits.
- Modes of Reproduction: Asexual reproduction, fragmentation, vegetative propagation in plants, binary fission, sporulation, budding, sexual reproduction, Overview of the angiosperm life cycle.
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants: Stamen, microsporangium, pollen grain. Pistil, megasporangium & embryo sac; development of male and female gametophytes. Double Fertilization; Post fertilisation events: Development of endosperm and embryo; development of seed, Structure of Dicotyledonous and Monocotyledonous seeds, Significance of fruit and seed. Pollination - Types, agents, Outbreeding devices and Pollen - Pistil interaction. Special modes - Apomixis, parthenocarpy, polyembryony.
- Plant Systematics, Cell Structure & Function, Internal Organisation of Plants, Plant Ecology, Plant Physiology, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology.
- What is life?; Nature, Scope & meaning of zoology; Branches of Zoology; basic principles of Classification: Biological system of classification, Levels or Hierarchy of classification; Nomenclature - Bi &Trinominal; Need for classification, tools for classification; Species concept; Kingdom Animalia; Biodiversity - Meaning and distribution, Genetic diversity, Species diversity, Ecosystem diversity(alpha, beta and gamma), other attributes of biodiversity, the role of biodiversity, threats to biodiversity, methods of conservation, IUCN Red data books, Conservation of wildlife in India -Legislation, Preservation, Organisations, Threatened species.
- Levels of organization, Multicellularity: Diploblastic & Triploblastic conditions; Asymmetry, Symmetry: Radial symmetry, and Bilateral symmetry.
- Acoelomates, Pseudocoelomates and Eucoelomates: Schizo&Entero coelomates (Brief account of the formation of coelom); Tissues: Epithelial, Connective, Muscular and Nervous tissues (make it a little more elaborative).
- Animal Diversity - Invertebrate Phyla, Phylum
- Locomotion & Reproduction in Protozoa - Definition, types of locomotor structures pseudopodia, flagella & cilia, Flagellar & Ciliary movement - Effective & Recovery strokes in Euglena, Synchronal & Metachronal movements in Paramecium; Reproduction: Definition, types. Asexual Reproduction: Transverse binary fission in Paramecium & Longitudinal binary fission in Euglena. Multiple fission, Sexual Reproduction.
- Biology & Human Welfare, Type study of Periplaneta Americana, Ecology & Environment, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Human Reproduction, Genetics, Organic Evolution, Applied Biology
- Physical World - What is physics?, Scope and excitement of Physics, Physics, technology and society, Fundamental forces in nature, Gravitational Force, Electromagnetic Force, Strong Nuclear Force, Weak Nuclear Force, Towards Unification of Forces, Nature of physical laws.
- Units of Measurements: Introduction, The international system of units, Measurement of Large Distances, Measurement of Length, Estimation of Very Small Distances: Size of a Molecule, Range of Lengths, Measurement of Mass, Range of Masses, Measurement of Time, Accuracy, the precision of instruments and errors in measurement, Systematic errors, random errors, least count error, Absolute Error, Relative Error and Percentage Error, Combination of Errors, Significant figures, Rules for Arithmetic Operations with Significant Figures, Rounding off the Uncertain Digits, Rules for Determining the Uncertainty in the Results of Arithmetic Calculations, Dimensions of Physical Quantities.
- Motion in a Straight Line - Introduction, Position, path length and displacement, average velocity and average speed, Acceleration, Instantaneous velocity and speed, Kinematic equations for uniformly accelerated motion, Relative velocity.
- Motion in a Plane - Introduction, Position and Displacement Vectors, Scalars and Vectors, Equality of Vectors, Multiplication of vectors by real numbers, Addition and subtraction of vectors - graphical method, Resolution of vectors, Vector addition - analytical method, Motion in a plane, Position Vector and Displacement, Velocity, Acceleration, Motion in a plane with constant acceleration, Relative velocity in two dimensions, Projectile motion, Equation of path of a projectile, Time of Maximum height, Horizontal range of the projectile, Uniform circular motion.
- Laws of Motion, Work, Energy & Power, Systems of Particles & Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanical Properties of Fluids, Thermal Properties of Matter, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Waves, Ray Optics & Optical Instruments, Wave Optics, Electric Charges & Fields, Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance, Current Electricity, Moving Charges & Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction, Magnetism & Matter, Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter, Atoms, Nuclei, Semiconductor Electronics, Communication Systems
- Oscillations- Periodic and oscillatory motions, Oscillations due to a spring, Period and frequency, Displacement, Simple harmonic motion (S.H.M.), Simple harmonic motion and uniform circular motion, Force law for Simple harmonic Motion, Energy in simple harmonic motion, Some systems executing Simple Harmonic Motion, Velocity and acceleration in simple harmonic motion, the Simple Pendulum, Damped simple harmonic motion, Forced oscillations and resonance.
- Atomic Structure - Introduction, Subatomic particles, Atomic models – Thomson’s Model, Developments to the Bohr’s model of atom; Nature of electromagnetic radiation; Particle nature of electromagnetic radiation Planck's quantum theory; Bohr’s model for Hydrogen atom; Explanation of line spectrum of
hydrogen; Limitations of Bohr’s model; Quantum mechanical considerations of subatomic particles; Dual behaviour of matter; Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle; Quantum mechanical model of an atom. Aufbau Principle, Pauli’s exclusion Principle and Hund’s rule of maximum multiplicity; Electronic configurations of atoms; Stability of half-filled and completely filled orbitals. Important features of Quantum mechanical model of atom; Orbitals and quantum numbers; Shapes of atomic orbitals; Energies of orbitals; Filling of orbitals in atoms.
- Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, States of Matter
- Stoichiometry - Some basic concepts, Measurement-significant figures, dimensional analysis; Laws of Chemical Combinations - Law of Conservation of Mass, Law of Multiple Proportions, Law of Definite Proportions, Gay Lussac’s Law of Gaseous Volumes, Dalton’s Atomic Theory, Avogadro’s Law, Atomic and molecular masses- mole concept and molar mass. Concept of equivalent weight; Stoichiometry and stoichiometric calculations; Percentage composition of compounds and calculations of empirical and molecular formulae of compounds; Methods of expressing concentrations of solutions-mass per cent, mole fraction, molarity, molality and normality; Redox reactions-classical idea of redox reactions, oxidation and reduction reactions-redox reactions in terms of electron transfer; Oxidation number concept; Types of Redox reactions combination, decomposition, displacement and disproportionation reactions; Balancing of
redox reactions - oxidation number method Half reaction (ion-electron) method; Redox reactions in Titrimetry.
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium & Acid Bases, Hydrogen & Its Compounds, The s-Block Elements, p-Block Elements Group 13, 14, Environmental Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry & Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry,
Syllabus for TS EAMCET 2020 Engineering Stream
The syllabus for Engineering includes the topics from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. The Physics & Chemistry syllabus is same as given for AM stream. Maths syllabus is given below:
- Functions: Types of functions – Definitions - Inverse functions and Theorems - Domain, Range, Inverse of real-valued functions.
- Mathematical Induction - Principle of Mathematical Induction & Theorems
- Matrices - Types of matrices, Transpose of a matrix - Determinants - Adjoint and Inverse of a matrix - Consistency and inconsistency of Equations- Rank of a matrix - solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Complex Numbers - Real numbers - fundamental operations - Representation of complex numbers in the form 𝑎 + 𝑖𝑏 - Modulus and amplitude of complex numbers – Illustrations - Geometrical and Polar Representation of complex numbers in Argand plane- Argand diagram.
- De Moivre’s Theorem
- Quadratic Expressions
- Theory of Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Partial fractions
- Trigonometry - Trigonometric Ratios up to Transformations, Trigonometric Equations, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Hyperbolic Functions, Properties of Triangles
- Vector Algebra - Addition of Vectors, Product of Vectors
- Probability - Measures of Dispersion, Probability, Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Coordinate Geometry, Calculus
TS EAMCET 2020 Mock Tests
The candidates can appear in mock tests to qualify Telangana State Engineering Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test 2020. Check the links below to appear for the mock tests:
TS EAMCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below-given preparation tips to score good marks in TS EAMCET 2020:
- The candidates must know the detailed syllabus & exam pattern of the entrance exam.
- They should give priority to those topics which are most difficult & make a proper note of it.
- For practical questions like Maths, must solve more & more questions.
- Must appear in the mock tests & practising of previous year's question papers really helps.
- Revision of notes is a must.
Candidates can check TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card from here.