TS POLYCET 2020 Result is declared on 10 September 2020 by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana, Hyderabad. Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test is state level exam organised for admission in institutions offering diploma courses in engineering, non-engineering or technology. Candidates can check the complete article to know more about TS POLYCET 2020 Application form, fees, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc.
- SBTET has announced the TS POLYCET 2020 Result/Merit List.
TS POLYCET 2020 Cut-Off
Candidates will be able to check the TS POLYCET 2020 cut-off after the declaration of results. Cut-off would be available separately for all the participating institutions.
The cut off will depend on variables like the number of candidates, rank, category etc. The admissions will be done based on the released cut-off.
TS POLYCET 2020 Result
Candidates can check their TS POLYCET 2020 result on the official website. Given below are some information regarding the POLYCET result:
- SBTET has announced the result on 10 September 2020.
- With the help of hall ticket number rank card can be downloaded from the web portal of the exam.
- Candidates should obtain the minimum prescribed marks for admission.
TS POLYCET 2020 Inter-se-Merit
If two or more than two candidates end up scoring the same marks. In such a case, tie-breaking method is used which is given below:
- Candidate higher marks in Biology will be ranked higher.
- If a tie still persists, a candidate with more marks in Physics is ranked higher.
- If a tie still persists, then the tie is resolved on the basis chemistry marks.
- If a tie still persists, Date of Birth is considered to resolve it.
TS POLYCET 2020 Qualifying Marks
Appearing candidates are required to secure below-mentioned minimum qualifying marks in order to qualify in TS POLYCET 2020.
- For admission into Polytechnics: 30% out of 120 marks (Chemistry, Physics, Maths)
- For admission into Agriculture Polytechnics: 30% out of 120 marks (Physics, Chemistry, Maths (60/2), Biology)
TS POLCET 2020 Counselling
The details about TS POLYCET 2020 Counselling are provided in this section given below:
- POLYCET counselling will start on the second week of April.
- Applicants will be notified about the counselling for admission through email sent by SBTET in the form of admission letter.
- The candidates qualifying the written test will go for TS POLYCET Counselling.
- The candidates will be allotted seats based on the rank they will get in the exam, the course is chosen by the candidate and the total number of available seats
- At the time of counselling, candidates must carry their original documents and their scanned copy along with the admission letter.
- Admit Card
- Original birth certificate
- 10+2 marks sheet
- 10+2 passing certificate
- 10 marks sheet
- Diploma marks sheet and certificate
- SC/St/OBC certificate
- Residential certificate
TS POLYCET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their TS POLYCET 2020 Admit Card
from the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana
official website. Check the all essential information related to POLYCET hall ticket:
- Applicants have to download the admit card from the official website, the authority will not send the hall ticket via post or SMS.
- For downloading the POLYCET admit card, candidates have to log in with their registration ID and password.
- Candidates need to enter some required details.
- Aspirants should check their admit card carefully and ensure that every detail that admits card contain such as exam day and time, centre name and address and so on.
- Candidates are advised to take the print out of their admit card for examination and must carry it in the examination hall along with government photo ID proof.
TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern from the given below table so that candidates have an idea about exam paper structure:
POLYCET 2020 Question Paper structure
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Duration||120 Minutes (2 Hours)|
|Medium||English and Telugu|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Number of Question||120|
|Marking Scheme||+1 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||There is negative marking|
Check the subject wise marks and question distribution of exam paper question which is mention in the given below table:
|Subject||No. of Question||Marks|
TS POLYCET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates should check the given below TS POLYCET 2020 Syllabus:
- The real number, number system, polynomial, algebra, progressions, quadratics equation, linear equations, geometry, coordinate geometry, surface areas and volume, trigonometry, mensuration, probability, statics, mathematical modelling.
Syllabus of Physics:
- A structure of atom, chemical bonding, heat, carbon and its compound, classification of elements, magnetic effects of electric current, chemical equations and reactions, acids, bases and salts, refractions of light and plane surface, refraction of lights and curve surface, human eyes and colorful world, electricity, reflection of light.
- The states of matter, surface chemistry, electrochemistry, redox reactions, polymers, nuclear chemistry, chemical and ionic equilibrium, phase equilibrium and solutions, chemical thermodynamics, the basic concept of organic chemistry and stereochemistry, chemical kinetics, aromatic structure, chemistry in everyday life, environmental chemistry and urea and malonic ester.
TS POLYCET 2020 Preparation Tips
The Preparation Tips are listed below by the experts and are targeted for the Candidates planning to look for some guidance and moral support for their preparation which might help them in scoring good in the examination:
- Candidates are requested to go through the Syllabus first of all the things and before even starting their preparation, they must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors.
- Make notes of everything, put tags and sticky notes.
- Daily revision is an essential aspect as what candidate studied becomes faded which needs to be polished time and again.
- Make stronger points even better and work on weak points as well.
TS POLYCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the TS POLYCET Application Form 2020 has been released on 02 March 2020 on the official website State Board of Technical Education and Training(SBTET). Check the given mentioned details regarding TS POLYCET registration:
- The last date to fill the application form without the late fee was 09 June 2020 with late fee is 30 July 2020.
- The application form will be available in online mode on the official website.
- Candidates have entered their class 10 admit card number, year of passing and date of birth.
- Candidates have to fill their personal, educational qualification information.
- Upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature in the assigned format.
- Candidates are advised to keep the print out copy of their application form for future reference.
TS POLYCET 2020 Application Fees
Candidates can check the category wise POLYCET Application Fee in the given below table:
POLYCET Registration Fees 2020
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make payment through online by using Credit card/Debit card/Net banking or TS online/Meeseva.
Note - Late fee is Rs 200/- along with the above mentioned fee.
TS POLYCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their TS POLYCET Eligibility 2020 before start filling the application form. Given below are some points related to eligibility:
- Those who want to apply for the exam must possess Indian citizenship.
- Candidates should belong to Andhra Pradesh or Telangana state.
- Candidates must clear their secondary exam from State Board of Telangana or any equivalent board.
- Candidates should secure 35% marks in the qualifying exam with physics, chemistry and mathematics as a compulsory subject.
TS POLYCET 2020 Highlight
Candidates should check the TS POLYCET 2020 entrance exam basic information from the given below table:
Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET)
|State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana, Hyderabad|
|Diploma courses in engineering, non-engineering or technology|
TS POLYCET Official website
|Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|to offer admission in diploma courses in engineering, non-engineering or technology across the state|
State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana, Hyderabad
The State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana is an autonomous body constituted under section 6 of A.P. Education Act (Act No. 1 of 1982) of 1982 vide G.O.M.s. No. 140 LEN & TE Dept, Dated: 24-04-1984. The Board is headed by Ex-officio Chairman and Commissioner of Technical Education and other officials constituted by the Government. In wake of State Reorganization Act 2014, the Board is falling under the purview of the institutions in Schedule X.
The functions of the Board are
- To advise the Government on the coordinated development of Technical Education in the State at all levels below Under-Graduate level
- To work in liaison with SRC (Southern Regional Committee) of AICTE
- Formulation of schemes in the State
- To affiliate or recognise institutions conducting courses below Under-Graduate level and prescribe courses of study for them
- To inspect institutes periodically and ensure that the standards of the courses and the instructional facilities provided are satisfactory
- To conduct examinations and award Diploma and Certificates conforming to the minimum standards prescribed by the AICTE
- To establish and develop co-operative relationships with industry and commerce.