UID DAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria is set by the exam conducting body - Karnavati University(KU). It is the main conducting authority of Karnavati University 2020. This exam is a national level exam conducted once in a year. The aspirants must know all the information related to the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. They should know whether they are eligible for the entrance test for which they are applying or not. Therefore, aspirants can go through the whole article below to know about officially announced eligibility of UID 2020.
UID DAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for UID Aptitude Test 2020 is different for UG and PG design courses offered at United world Institute of Design. Candidates can go through the eligibility criteria for UID Aptitude Test 2020 for Bachelor of Design (BDes) and Master of Design (MDes) courses below. The eligibility criteria of UID DAT 2020 for the courses is given below. Candidates must ensure about the exam that they are eligible or not.
For UG Programme:
- Candidates must possess higher secondary education or its equivalent.
- 10+2 level should be from a recognized institute in any stream (Arts, Commerce or Science).
- Aspirants must have minimum 50 per cent aggregate marks in the senior secondary school to apply for the entrance exam.
- Applicants who are appearing for final exams of higher secondary education can also apply for the entrance test.
- Candidates must provide evidence of appearance in the final exam at the admission time.
- The minimum age limit to apply for the exam is 20 years.
For PG Programme:
- Candidates should qualify higher secondary education from any recognized board or its equivalent.
- Applicant should qualify bachelors degree from any recognized university or its equivalent.
- Aspirants should have passed with a minimum of 50 per cent aggregate marks as mentioned in each subject for an application.
- Candidates appearing for the final exams of the degree programme are also eligible to apply for the entrance test.
- Applicant must provide evidence of appearance in the final exam at the admission time.
UID Design Aptitude Test: List of Courses Offered
Candidates can go through the undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses offered for admission based on an aspirant's performance in UID Aptitude Test 2020. The list of courses is given below:
Bachelor of Design (BDes) Courses (4 Years Duration):
- Product Design: Industrial Design deals with products, services and systems addressing usability, form, function, aesthetics, material, technologies, and sustainability. Our students explore creative thinking and problem-solving processes to bring value to companies, communities and people. Our focus is on designing products, systems and services that make life easier. At the School of Industrial Design, we balance creativity, technology, cultural concerns, and environmental needs, exploring materials, production techniques, aesthetics, the emerging fields of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Artificial Intelligence, and social issues in both local and global contexts. We encourage our students to create solutions that are empathetic to the end-user and have contextual insight. Our new B. Des. in Interaction Design has been programmed and launched in response to the needs of users and Industry.
- Fashion Design: The course focuses on holistic learning and help to understand the basic fundamental nuances of design analysis to create fashion. Insights gained in the processes of design culminate in new age theories, methods and techniques which is used to develop a deep visual vocabulary and express judgments about form & composition. Research is the cornerstone of the program and the environment of craft and culture is embedded in the pedagogy.
- Visual Communication (Graphics): The curriculum for the B.Des. Programme inculcates from the very beginning, the importance of design process and critical thinking. Structured to give the students adequate learning both conceptually and skills. The Programme envisions that by the end of the course, students are not only trained and equipped with their professional learning, they are also sensitized and nurtured to be good, empathetic and ethical participants of a vibrant design community of the future who can bring about a change in the quality of life and create a sustainable new world.
- Automobile and Transportation Design: Automobile & Transportation Design programme is unique in its scope of interest dealing with the whole transportation design field in cooperation with the industry. Besides being technology-driven, the course has been designed paying equal attention to important factors such as consumer needs, environmental concerns, socio-economic conditions, and ecological contexts. During the course, you start with designing cars, motorcycle, buses and non-motorized transportation systems which in turn help develop in designing smart transportation solution for the future. The process consists of 2D sketching, Virtual modelling, and finally 3D physical modelling.
- Lifestyle Accessory Design: UID’S Lifestyle Accessory Design, curriculum suffices in transforming individuals in sync with the dynamics of ever-morphing trends and market ardour. With its already existing ace infrastructure and mentor/faculty pool (both within and consulting/visiting/contractual) from the best design institutes and paradigms of the country and abroad, School of LifeStyle Accessory Design contributes in the vast domains of Glassware, Ceramics, Pottery, Leather and Jewellery precincts. We are committed to our responsibilities towards Country’s vast and continuous flourishing Handicraft Sector. We accommodate two major modules focusing on the needs of the current trend statement of the markets and how design can evolve with each new curriculum for the craft and the craftsmen across the country’s latitude and longitudes.
- Animation and Motion Graphics: The Animation and Motion Graphics Department at UID aims at providing top-notch Industry-standard training in the various facets of animation. Starting from traditional 2D classical animation to the new-age VR animation, every aspect of the subject is covered. The course prepares the student to master one’s skills and understanding so that they can choose any career in the production pipeline, be it in the pre-production, production or post-production level. Independent film-making and commercial film-making both are an integral part of the training.
- Interior Design: Interaction Design specialization focuses on designing interactions for the physical, cognitive and social environments using New Media and emerging technologies. The programme builds on experimentation based learning of how people perceive, understand, use and experience interactive objects, digital environments and spaces. Drawing on an interdisciplinary approach bringing together product design, visual communication, information architecture, cognitive psychology and computer science, the course involves exploration of alternatives, pushing the envelope of what is known. Students are mentored in working collaboratively in groups to solve design problems. Through seminar papers, competitions, internships, graduation projects and incubation labs, the programme builds in industry exposure and integration with academic structures.
Master of Design (MDes) Courses (2.6 Years Duration)
- Industrial Design: The students admitted to our M. Des. program in Industrial Design at UID may come from a variety of undergraduate streams including commerce, arts and humanities, engineering, architecture, science, and design. The UID’s M. Des. (Industrial Design) is a four-semester program focused on training highly valuable and professionally relevant graduates. The specialization streams include Design for Sustainability of Socio-Economic and Natural Environments, HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) Design, Design for User-centered Automation (products, services and systems), Design Management.
- Visual Experiential Design: The M.Des. programme of Visual Experiential Design is structured keeping in mind the ever-evolving demands of today’s fast-changing world. Industry demands experiences which are not just limited to texts and images but go beyond, into sensory mediums and perhaps even extra-sensory realms. The course empowers graduates that are ‘Future Ready’; both in terms of employability as well as entrepreneurial endeavours. The program is flexible enough to cater to each student’s creative aspiration such that the student is equipped to be successful in their selected field within the discipline. With this 360-degree holistic learning, the students are prepared to go beyond conventional communication mediums to give the users a more enriching and engaging multisensory experience.
- Interior and Experience Design: The Masters in Interior Experience Design programme creates a unique environment for its post-graduate students to reflect upon their practice and to engage with students from their own as well as other disciplines.
- Fashion Design: The Master's programme in Fashion Design creates a unique environment for its students to experience the multi-faceted world of fashion. This degree imparts knowledge of design, illustration, fabrics, surfaces, costume history, pattern making, draping and garment construction, in preparation for a career as a fashion designer/ merchandiser. Exposure to the garment industry and the craft clusters through visits and internship nurtures the student for an exciting and dynamic life in today’s fast-paced fashion industry.
- Fashion Styling and Communication: The Fashion Styling and Communication programme at UID focuses on building up a profound knowledge of fashion and beauty industries. Both of these industries are fast growing in India today that open a space for new venues for young professionals who can become the voice of their generation. Fashion is not just clothing, it is a symbol of production that unfolds through aesthetics, attitude and fashion style which is instrumental in communicating the latest fashion trends to consumer culture. The Fashion Styling and Communication programme encompasses creative direction, fashion styling and communication in the broader context. Despite their previous background, students at the Master level will have an opportunity to experience fashion dynamics, and develop their artistic sensibility while collaborating with well-known professionals in the field.
- Textile and Knitwear Design: The Textile & Knit Design program at UID offers cutting edge latest tools and technology to the students. Industry exposure for the postgraduate students is a critical and integral part of the programme. Rigorous course curriculum along with presentation/personality development etc are highlights of the programme.