UPSC SO/Steno 2020 or UPSC Section Officers/ Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1 which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC). The examination date has been announced and will be conducted on 12 December 2020. This exam conducts once in a year to recruit for Section Officier (SO) and Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1. SO/Steno (GD-B/GD-I) LDCE entrance exam 2020 will be held on 12 December 2020. Candidates must go through the given mentioned article concern with all important details of UP SO/Steno 2020 exam.
UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Application Form
The authority will release the UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Application Form on 16 September 2020 until 06 October 2020 on the official website. Check the given mentioned details regarding the SO/Steno registration form:
- Candidates need to apply for the exam in the online mode only.
- Must keep in mind that after the last date of filling the form link will be disabled.
- The conducting will not provide any facility to make corrections in the application form.
- Applicants need to submit the online submitted application form to the Head of the Department/Head of Office to the Commission.
- Must take the print out of filled application form before the last date.
- Only those candidates whose printed copy of the online application is forwarded by their Head of Department/Office will be considered for admission to this Examination.
UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to ensure their UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. Given below are the all-important of eligibility:
- Category 1: Section Officers Grade of the Central Secretariat Service.
- Category 2: Section Officers Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category 3: Section Officers Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Category 4: Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service.
- Category 5: Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B
- Category 6: Grade ‘A’ & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers Service
- Category 7: Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service.
- Category 8: Section Officers Grade of the Intelligence Bureau.
- Category 9: Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance corporation.
Check the category wise UPSC SO/Steno exam eligibility from the given below table:
|Section Officers’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service |
- Candidates must have 5 years of working experience and have at least four annual performance appraisal in the assistant's grade of the Central Secretariat Service Personal Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service.
- Must possess the degree of bachelor from any recognized university.
|Section Officers’ Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’|
- Applicants must have not less than five years of experience in Grade 4 of the general cadre or the Grade 2 of the stenographer's cadre or Grade 2 of the Cypher sub-cadre of the Indian Foreign Service or branch B of IFS or all the mentioned criteria.
|Section Officers’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service |
- Must have at least five years experience in service in the assistant's grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service or Grade 2/Grade C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers’ Service or both.
|Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service|
- Must have not less than 3 years of work experience in service in Personal Assistant Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service.
- Candidates should have a bachelor degree from any recognized university or any equivalent.
|Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B|
- Should have at least five years of work experience in service of Grade 2 of the Stenographers cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B.
|Grade ‘A’ & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service|
- Candidates require to have at least three years of experience in service of Grade 2/Grade C of the Armed Forces Headquater Stenographer's Service
|Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service|
- Applicants should have 5 years of experience in service of Grade 2/Grade C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer's Service.
|Section Officers’ Grade of the Intelligence Bureau. |
- Candidates who are permanent or regularly appointed Assistants/ Stenos Grade 2(PAs) of the IB with not less than 4 years of experience.
- If candidates are selected through LDCE, the exam must not be held 5 years before the crucial date.
|Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation |
- Applicants need to have 3 years of approved and continuous work experience in Personal Assistant Grade in employees State Insurance Corporation.
UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the given mentioned information regarding the UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Exam Pattern to get an idea about the question paper structure:
Paper 1 Exam Pattern
Check the Paper 1 question paper structure from the table below:
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Duration ||120 Minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question|
|Maximum marks||150 Marks|
Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Check the Paper 2 question paper structure which is mentioned below:
|Exam Mode||Written Exam|
|Duration ||120 Minutes|
|Type of Question ||Objective Type Question|
|Maximum Marks||150 Marks|
Paper 3 Exam Pattern
Go through the given below table related Paper 3 structure:
|Exam Mode||Written Exam|
UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Syllabus for better preparation:
Syllabus for Paper-1 written exam:
- Salient features of the Five Year Plans
- Indian Economy
- Developmental Schemes
- The principles of the Constitution of India
- Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
- The organization of the machinery of the Govt. of India, Designation and allocation of subjects between Ministries, Departments and Attached & Subordinate Offices and their relation.
- RTI Act, 2005
Syllabus of Paper-2 exam:
- Methods and procedure of work in the Government of India Secretariat
- General Financial and Service Rules
Syllabus of Paper-3:
Candidates are required to prepare notes and drafts on specific problems and précis from a passage.
Preparation Tips for UPSC SO/Steno 2020
- The preparation strategy for the UPSC SO/Stenographer Recruitment 2020 exam is quite different from other competitive exams. This is because apart from the written exam, candidates must also prepare for the typing tests. Therefore, we have included some very important preparatory tips to ace the UPSC SO/Stenographer 2020 exam.
- First and foremost, make a study plan. Paper-1 which is based on General Studies and General Knowledge carries 150 marks. Similarly, Paper-2 is based on procedures and practices of the Indian Government Secretariat. Make sure that your fundamentals, concepts and a basic understanding of these topics are deep and profound.
- To understand governmental processes and similar functions of the Secretariat, use flow charts and diagrams. This way, candidates can memorise and recall answers readily without much effort.
- Make use of diverse learning resources. Besides guides and preparation books, utilise other resources such as practice papers, readymade notes, reference books etc.
- Utilise previous year question papers to give an extra edge in the exam. This way aspirants can be better accustomed to the anticipated question pattern.
- Aspirants can also solve mock tests and sample papers to learn how to use their time efficiently. Attempt to solve the mock tests within the specified duration for each paper.
- Make short notes and objective notes for last-minute revisions. Document these notes in clear handwriting and preferably with headings. This will make it easier to revise efficiently at a glance before the exam.
UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Selection Process
Must check the given mentioned information of UPSC SO/Steno 2020 selection process:
- Candidates can select on the basis of the written exam and evaluation of service.
- Authority will call the candidates for evaluation after they secure valid qualifying marks.
- Once the evaluation of the service period of the aspirant is over, verification of eligibility criteria is done.
- If candidates find ineligible at the time on or before exam or evaluation of service record, then their candidature is cancelled.
Overview of UPSC SO/Steno Recruitment 2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is conducting the examination for Section Officer and Stenographer after 07 years. We can expect that several aspirants are aspiring to take this examination this year. Before going into the details of UPSC SO/Steno recruitment 2020, let us check out the exam at a glance.
- UPSC SO/Steno recruitment 2020 is conducted through a Combined Limited Departmental Competitive Examination.
- The exam is for the recruitment of Section Officers (SO) and Stenographers in different grades and cadres of the Indian Governmental departments.
- Candidates require prior experience in relevant cadres to apply for this recruitment.
- Eligible candidates are recruited through a written examination and a shorthand test in Hindi and English.
- Qualifiers of the written exam must go through an evaluation of service record which carries qualifying marks.
UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Exam Schedule
The dates scheduled for UPSC SO/Stenographer is now out the examination will be conducted on 12 December 2020 (Saturday).
UPSC SO/Steno 2020 Highlight
Applicants can check the basic information of UPSC SO/Steno entrance exam 2020 from the given below table:
|Full Name||Union Public Service Commission Section Officier (SO)/Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Level ||National Level|
|Offer ||Recruitment in Section Officier (SO) and Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1|
|UPSC Official Website||https://www.upsc.gov.in/|