UPSC SO/Steno 2021 or UPSC Section Officers/ Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1 which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC). The examination date has been announced and will be conducted on 5 October 2021. This exam conducts once a year to recruit for Section Officier (SO) and Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1. SO/Steno (GD-B/GD-I) LDCE. Candidates must go through the given mentioned article concern with all important details of UPSC SO/Steno 2021 exam.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Exam Status
Applicants can check the important information of UPSC SO/Steno 2021 from the below table:
|Application Form||UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Registration will start from 15 September 2021.|
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can take note of all the important dates for UPSC SO/Steno 2021.
|Important events||Important Dates |
|Start date of application||15 September 2021|
|Last date to apply||30 September 2021|
|Issuance of admit card||Three weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||05 October 2021|
Note: Candidates must keep visiting the page for all the updates on the dates.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Application Form
The authority will release the UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Application Form on 15 September 2021 until 30 September 2021 tentatively on the official website. Check the given mentioned details regarding the SO/Steno registration form:
- Candidates need to apply for the exam in the online mode only.
- Must keep in mind that after the last date of filling the form link will be disabled.
- The conducting will not provide any facility to make corrections in the application form.
- Applicants need to submit the online submitted application form to the Head of the Department/Head of Office to the Commission.
- Must take the print out of the filled application form before the last date.
- Only those candidates whose printed copy of the online application is forwarded by their Head of Department/Office will be considered for admission to this Examination.
How to fill UPSC SO/Steno Application Form 2021?
To fill UPSC SO/Steno Application form 2021, candidates must follow the given listed steps.
- At first, candidates have to register themselves for UPSC SO/Steno 2021 exam on the official website.
- For registering, candidates need to fill in basic details with a valid email id and mobile number.
2. Login ID
- After candidates registered themselves on the official website, a Login ID and password will be generated and will be sent to the registered mobile number and E-mail ID.
- Now applicants will be able to go to the Application form page by logging in to the official website by using their Login ID and password.
3. Filling the application form
- Candidates have to choose the right position of stenographers for which they are applying for.
- Now, candidates have to fill in all the asked details in the application form which are mentioned below.
- Education qualification
- Parental information
- Employment information
- Service preference
- Test centre
4. Uploading of documents
After this, candidates have to upload all the documents asked in the application form which are necessary for the submission of the application form. Candidates must follow the given Procedure for Uploading the documents in UPSC SO/Steno Application form.
- While filling the online Application Form, candidates will be provided with a link to upload their documents i.e photograph, certificate, or any mark sheet. The list of documents to be uploaded has been mentioned above.
5. Fees payment
After uploading the documents, the candidates have to pay the fees of the Application form. The basic information regarding the fee structure and payment mode is mentioned below.
- The fees of UPSC Steno/SO 2021 Application form is Rs 100/-
- The payment of fees can only be made through any online mode or also through Offline mode.
6. Submission and printout
- After making the payment of fees, the application form should be submitted successfully and candidates must take the print out the Application form for further use.
- One printed hard copy of the application form has to be submitted to the Head of department or Head of office to the commission to:
- Undersecretary (E-VI), Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069.
No Application Form Correction - Aspirants should carefully fill the application form as no changes in the details are allowed after final submission.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Admit Card
The Candidates can download UPSC SO/Steno admit card 2021 three weeks before the commencement of the exam. E-admit card will be released at the UPSC official website, upsc.gov.in. Candidates can find their E-Admit Card under the ‘admit card’ tab. Candidates can download admit card with registration number or by roll number.
Candidates can follow the given steps to download the admit card:-
- At first, visit the official website of UPSC.
- Click on the link for the admit card tab.
- Select SO/Steno Admit card 2021 link to generate the hall ticket.
- Login with the credentials properly and the admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and generate a hardcopy of the UPSC SO/Steno 2021 admit card.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to ensure their UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. Given below are the all-important of eligibility:
- Category 1: Section Officers Grade of the Central Secretariat Service.
- Category 2: Section Officers Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category 3: Section Officers Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Category 4: Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service.
- Category 5: Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B
- Category 6: Grade ‘A’ & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers Service
- Category 7: Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service.
- Category 8: Section Officers Grade of the Intelligence Bureau.
- Category 9: Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation.
Check the category wise UPSC SO/Steno exam eligibility from the given below table:
|Section Officers’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service |
- Candidates must have 5 years of working experience and have at least four annual performance appraisals in the assistant's grade of the Central Secretariat Service Personal Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service.
- Must possess the degree of bachelor from any recognized university.
|Section Officers’ Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’|
- Applicants must have not less than five years of experience in Grade 4 of the general cadre or Grade 2 of the stenographer's cadre or Grade 2 of the Cypher sub-cadre of the Indian Foreign Service or branch B of IFS or all the mentioned criteria.
|Section Officers’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service |
- Must have at least five years experience in service in the assistant's grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service or Grade 2/Grade C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers’ Service or both.
|Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service|
- Must have not less than 3 years of work experience in service in Personal Assistant Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service.
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree from any recognized university or any equivalent.
|Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B|
- Should have at least five years of work experience in service of Grade 2 of the Stenographers cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch B.
|Grade ‘A’ & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service|
- Candidates require to have at least three years of experience in service of Grade 2/Grade C of the Armed Forces Headquater Stenographer's Service
|Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service|
- Applicants should have 5 years of experience in service of Grade 2/Grade C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer's Service.
|Section Officers’ Grade of the Intelligence Bureau. |
- Candidates who are permanent or regularly appointed Assistants/ Stenos Grade 2(PAs) of the IB with not less than 4 years of experience.
- If candidates are selected through LDCE, the exam must not be held 5 years before the crucial date.
|Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation |
- Applicants need to have 3 years of approved and continuous work experience in Personal Assistant Grade in employees State Insurance Corporation.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the given mentioned information regarding the UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Exam Pattern to get an idea about the question paper structure:
Paper 1 Exam Pattern
Check the Paper 1 question paper structure from the table below:
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Duration ||120 Minutes|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question|
|Maximum marks||150 Marks|
Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Check the Paper 2 question paper structure which is mentioned below:
|Exam Mode||Written Exam|
|Duration ||120 Minutes|
|Type of Question ||Objective Type Question|
|Maximum Marks||150 Marks|
Paper 3 Exam Pattern
Go through the given below table related Paper 3 structure:
|Exam Mode||Written Exam|
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check the UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Syllabus for better preparation:
Syllabus for Paper-1 written exam:
- Salient features of the Five Year Plans
- Indian Economy
- Developmental Schemes
- The principles of the Constitution of India
- Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
- The organization of the machinery of the Govt. of India, Designation and allocation of subjects between Ministries, Departments and Attached & Subordinate Offices and their relation.
- RTI Act, 2005
Syllabus of Paper-2 exam:
- Methods and procedure of work in the Government of India Secretariat
- General Financial and Service Rules
Syllabus of Paper-3:
Candidates are required to prepare notes and drafts on specific problems and précis from a passage.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Result
There are the basic instructions for candidates regarding the Results of UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021 which are mentioned below.
- The result will show the qualifying status of each candidate.
- Candidates can check their score from the Result.
- The category-wise merit list of the qualified candidates will also be published by UPSC.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Selection Process
Must check the given mentioned information of UPSC SO/Steno 2021 selection process:
- Candidates can select based on the written exam and evaluation of service.
- Authority will call the candidates for evaluation after they secure valid qualifying marks.
- Once the evaluation of the service period of the aspirant is over, verification of eligibility criteria is done.
- If candidates find ineligible at the time on or before exam or evaluation of service record, then their candidature is cancelled.
Overview of UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Recruitment
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is examining Section Officer and Stenographer after 07 years. We can expect that several aspirants are aspiring to take this examination this year. Before going into the details of UPSC SO/Steno recruitment 2021, let us check out the exam at a glance.
- UPSC SO/Steno recruitment 2021 is conducted through a Combined Limited Departmental Competitive Examination.
- The exam is for the recruitment of Section Officers (SO) and Stenographers in different grades and cadres of the Indian Governmental departments.
- Candidates require prior experience in relevant cadres to apply for this recruitment.
- Eligible candidates are recruited through a written examination and a shorthand test in Hindi and English.
- Qualifiers of the written exam must go through an evaluation of the service record which carries qualifying marks.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Test Centres
UPSC SO/Steno recruitment 2021 exam was organized in the following centres. Candidates may refer to the test centre for UPSC SO/Steno recruitment 2021 below and choose the appropriate test centre according to their choice.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Highlight
Applicants can check the basic information of UPSC SO/Steno entrance exam 2021 from the given below table:
|Full Name||Union Public Service Commission Section Officier (SO)/Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Level ||National Level|
|Offer ||Recruitment in Section Officier (SO) and Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1|
|UPSC Official Website||https://www.upsc.gov.in/|
|Application Form||https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php |
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) appoints and conducts examinations for all India services and group A and B posts of central services. Earlier UPSC was known as Federal Public Service Commission which was renamed into today’s Union Public Service Commission after independence. UPSC is consulted by the government of India in matters relating to the methods of recruitment to civil services and for civil posts, transfer, promotion, and disciplinary matters. Being a constitutional body it is autonomous and free, along with the Election commission and the country’s higher judiciary. UPSC is headquartered at Dholpur, New Delhi, India. UPSC's current chairman is Mr. Arvind Saxena.