UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021 is released by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The result is released in the format of pdf in a merit list. The result will have the roll number and names of all the qualified candidates. Also, the category wise list of all the qualified candidates will be published by UPSC. After the qualification of the written exam result, candidates are called for the evaluation of service records. For more details regarding UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021, candidates can read the whole article.
UPSC SO/Steno Important Dates 2021
Candidates can take a look at all the UPSC SO/Steno Important Dates 2021.
|Important events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Start date of application||15 September 2021|
|Last date to apply||30 September 2021|
|Issuance of admit card||Three weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||05 October 2021|
Note: Candidates must keep visiting the page for all the updates on the dates.
UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021
There are the basic instructions for candidates regarding the Results of UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021 which are mentioned below.
- The result will show the qualifying status of each candidate.
- Candidates can check their score from the Result.
- The category-wise merit list of the qualified candidates will also be published by UPSC.
Categories for UPSC SO/Steno 2021
The different categories under which UPSC releases vacancies for SO/Steno are as follows:
- Category 1 – Section Officers’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service
- Category 2 – Sections Officers’ Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category 3 – Section Officers’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Category 4 – Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service
- Category 5 – Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’
- Category 6 – Grade ‘A & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service
- Category 7 – Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer’s Service
- Category 8 – Section Officers’ Grade of the Intelligence Bureau
- Category 9 – Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation.
How to check UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021?
Candidates have to follow the following steps to check the UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021.
- Step 1: Navigate to the official website of UPSC i.e upsc.gov.
- Step 2: On the home page, click on the ‘written result’ tab.
- Step 3: Click on the direct link given.
- Step 4: In a new tab, candidates can now check their results for UPSC SO/Steno 2021.
- Step 5: Download the merit list and check the status of selection.
Details mentioned in UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021
Candidates can check the following details in UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021.
- The individual score you secured in each section.
- Overall score
- Your ranking and your qualification status
- Your category
- Your registration ID
- Your roll number
- Your DOB
- Your Name
Selection Criteria for UPSC SO/Steno 2021
The selection procedure for UPSC SO/Steno is made under two stages-
- Stage 1- Written examination: Candidates have to appear for written examination which is common for both the posts – section officer (SO) and stenographer. Attaining minimum qualifying marks is necessary to qualify for the second stage of selection. After written examination, stenographers have to take shorthand test as well.
- Stage 2- Evaluation of service record: In this, the work experience of the candidates are taken into consideration. Different categories have different service requirements as prescribed by UPSC.
Shorthand Test for UPSC SO/Steno 2021
Candidates who applied for the post of stenographers have to appear for a shorthand test as well. After qualifying the written and shorthand test, candidates are called for the evaluation of service records. Some of the important information about the shorthand test is as follows:
- Shorthand test is conducted in Hindi or English language.
- The required speed for a stenographer is 100 WPM.
- Candidates have to transcribe shorthand notes on the system provided to them at the exam centre by the commission.
- Candidates competing for category IV, V, VI, VII, and IX are required to take a shorthand test.
UPSC SO/Steno Cut Off 2021
The cut off for UPSC SO/Steno for the previous years is mentioned below.
|Position Category|| Minimum Qualifying Marks for 500|