UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Exam Pattern is released by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC). Section Officers/ Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1 examination date has been announced and will be conducted on 11 December 2021. This exam is for candidates who wish to be Section Officier (SO) and Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1. SO/Steno (GD-B/GD-I) LDCE. It is a national level exam which held once in a year. Applicants should go through the given mentioned article which contains detailed information of SO/Steno 2021 Exam Pattern.
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Exam Pattern
Applicants must check the SO/Steno Exam Pattern 2021 before preparing for the entrance exam, to get an idea about question paper structure, marking scheme and duration for better preparation tips. Given below are the information of UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Paper Pattern:
- SO/Steno entrance exam will be conducted in a offline mode i.e., pen and paper mode.
- Test paper is divided into three different paper.
- Paper 1 and paper 2 both consist Multiple Choice Question(MCQ) and Paper 3 have subjective type questions.
- Question paper will be in both the language English as well as Hindi but candidates have to fill their preference in the application if they want to choose Hindi otherwise question will be English.
- For objective type questions, candidates will awards +1 marks for each correct response and there is negative marking as well each answer 1/3 (0.33) marks will be deducted.
- For both the objective paper candidates have 120 minutes and for subject paper 180 Minutes for the completion.
- Those candidates, who qualify the written exam successfully have to appear for Evaluation of record of service which carry maximum 100 marks.
Given below are the subject wise distribution of marks and time interval for Paper 1:
|Subjects||Type of Questions||Duration ||Marks|
|General Studies |
|Multiple Choice Questions||120 Minutes||150|
|General Knowledge of Constitution of India and Machinery of Government|
|Practice and Procedures in Parliament|
|Knowledge of RTI Act, 2005. |
Given below are the subject wise distribution of marks and time interval for Paper 2:
|Subject||Type of questions||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Procedure and Practice in the Govt.|
of India Secretariat and attached offices
and General Financial and Service Rules duly taking into account the requirement of relevant categories of services
|Objective Type Question||120 Minutes||150|
Given below are the subject wise distribution of marks and time interval for Paper 3:
|Subject ||Type of Question ||Duration ||Total Marks|
|Noting and Drafting, Precis writing||Subjective Type Question||180 Minutes||200|
UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Preparation Tips
The Preparation Tips are listed below by the experts and are targeted for the Candidates planning to look for some guidance and moral support for their preparation which might help them in scoring than what they are planning to score:
- Applicants are advised to go through the SO/Steno syllabus first, before start preparing for the entrance exam, they must prepare how to go on with each subject which includes the time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors.
- Make notes of everything, put tags and sticky notes.
- Must do the revision daily, so that there no chance to get confused or forget part or topic.
- Make stronger points even better and work on weak points as well.
- Practice previous year question paper or sample for better preparation and time management.