WBCS Exam Pattern 2022 will be released by the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC). WBCS examination consists of two parts -Written Examination and Personality Test. Written Examination will be held in two successive stages, viz., Preliminary Examination (Objective MCQ Type) and Main Examination (Both Objective MCQ Type and Conventional Type). The exam is organized at the state level for the recruitment of candidates for the posts of West Bengal Civil Service and various other posts. Candidates can go through the given mentioned article which contains all the essential information related to WBCS Exam 2022 Exam Pattern.
WBCS Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the WBCS Exam 2022 Exam Pattern to get an idea about the question paper structure, marking scheme, mode of paper and other information for better preparation. Given below are the detailed WBCS exam Pattern:
For Preliminary examination:
- Entrance exam contains Multiple Choice Question(MCQ) from which candidates have to select the correct option from four different options.
- The question paper consists of 200 total questions.
- Candidates will be awarded +1 marks for each correct response.
- Aspirants have a total of 150 minutes to complete the question paper.
- Question paper contains question from different subjects i.e., English Composition, General Science, Current events of national and international importance, India History, Geography of India regarding West Bengal, Indian Politics and Economics, India's National Movement, General Mental Ability.
Subject wise marks distribution:
|Current events of National & International Importance||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
For the Main examination:
- In the Main exam, there is six compulsory paper and two optional subject paper.
- The question paper is a total of 200 Marks.
- Candidates have a total of 180 minutes to complete the question paper.
Paper wise marking distribution:
|General Studies-I - Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||200|
|General Studies-II - Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.||200|
|Constitution of India and Indian Economy||200|
|Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning||200|
|Optional Subject – Paper I||200|
|Optional Subject – Paper II||200|
Optional Subject List:
- Sanskrit 03
- English - 04
- Pali - 05
- Arabic - 06
- Persian - 07
- French - 08
- Urdu - 09
- Santali - 10
- Comparative Literature - 11
- Agriculture - 12
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science - 13
- Anthropology - 14
- Botany - 15
- Chemistry - 16
- Civil - Engineering - 17
- Commerce and Accountancy - 18
- Computer Science - 19
- Economics - 20
- Electrical Engineering - 21
- Geography - 22
- Geology - 23
- History - 24
- Law - 25
- Mathematics - 26
- Management - 27
- Mechanical Engineering - 28
- Medical Science - 29
- Philosophy - 30
- Physiology - 31
- Physics - 32
- Political Science - 33
- Psychology - 34
- Sociology - 35
- Statistics - 36
- Zoology - 37
Personality Test Pattern
Given below are marking scheme of different groups:
|Group ||Maximum Marks|
|Group A & B||200|