WBCS Exam 2021 will be released by West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC). The exam is organized at the state level for the recruitment of candidates for the posts of West Bengal Civil Service and various other posts. W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc. examination consists of two parts -Written Examination and Personality Test. Applicants must go through the given below article which contains all the information of WBCS Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit, Nationality, Education Qualification and so on.
WBCS Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must ensure that they are eligible for the entrance exam before applying for the exam. Check the below mention information regarding the WBCS Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
WBCS Exam Nationality Criteria
- Candidates who born in India or those who are now a permanent citizen of India are eligible for the exam.
- Candidates who declared other nations by the Government of India are also eligible to apply for admission.
Age Limit Criteria of WBCS Exam
|Group ||Lower Age limit||Upper Age Limit|
|Group A & C||21||36|
Given below are the category wise age limit relaxation:
|Backward Classes of West Bengal (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|SC and ST||5 Years|
Candidates who belong to Person with disability(PwD) have relaxation up to 45 years age.
Educational Qualification Criteria
- Applicants are required to have a bachelor's degree with qualifying marks from any recognised university or institute.
- Candidates must have the ability to read, write, and speak in Bengali, not applicable for those candidates whose birth language is Nepali.
WBCS Physical Fitness
|Post ||Special Condition|
|West Bengal Police Service (Group ‘B’ Service)|
- The minimum height requirement for male candidates – 1.65 metres
- The minimum height requirement for female candidates – 1.50 metres
- Height requirement is subject to relaxation in the case of candidates belonging to races such as:
- Assamese Tribals etc.
- Candidates intending to be considered for this Group must indicate their height in appropriate column of the application form
|Assistant Canal Revenue Officer|
- Will have to work in remote areas and their jurisdiction will cover a large number of villages
- Will be required to attend Tehsil and Zilla Offices on a bicycle for transport
|West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service||In homes of blind/deaf/dumb- degree or Diploma or Certificate in the training of Blind and/or Deaf and Dumb shall be an essential qualification|
| ||Male candidates will be unsuitable for the posts meant for institutions for females, and female candidates will be unsuitable for the posts meant for institutions for males.|
|West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade – I|
- Has good working knowledge of the Bengali Language, written and spoken
- Candidates with Nepali as their mother tongue will need to pass a departmental examination in Bengali in two years
- Shall be appointed provisionally and shall undergo a period of six months’ in-service training
- The training includes subjects such as cadastral survey, preparation of records-of-rights, revenue laws, elementary instructions in all other laws relevant for the service
- Candidates who fail to pass the end of Training Examination shall be liable to be discharged without notice