DSAT 2020 Syllabus must be know to the candidates as to fetch good marks in the entrance exam. Dayanand Sagar Admission Test (DSAT) is conducted by the Dayanand Sagar University, Bangalore for admissions into various UG and PG courses offered by the university. It is a university level examination and candidates from all over the world can apply to the university. The exam would tentatively be conducted in the month of June 2020. The university is a recognized university under the Government of Karnataka and is reputed for its way of imparting education. The following article gives in-depth details of the syllabus for the examination.
DSAT 2020 Syllabus
The candidates can check the detailed syllabus for DSAT 2020 hearby.
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Work, energy and power
- Motion of system of particles and rigid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Heat and thermodynamics
- The behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic systems
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- P-block elements
- D and F block elements
- Basic concepts of chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- General Introduction of p-Block Element
- Some Basic Principals and Techniques of Organic Chemistry
- Classification of hydrocarbons
- Environmental pollution
- Solid State
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday life
- Sets & Functions
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Calculus (I)
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics & Probability (I)
- Relations & Functions
- Algebra (II)
- Calculus (II)
- Three-dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Sexual Reproduction
- Genetics & Evolution
- Biology & Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology & Environment
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animal and Plants
- Cell: Structure & Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Sentence Improvement and Rearrangement
- Fill in the blanks
- English Usage Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- One-word Substitution
DSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
The candidates can check below-listed preparation tips for DSAT 20202:
- The candidates are strongly advised to give a thorough reading of the textbooks and only then solve the previous papers and sample papers.
- Few topics that demand a lot of memorization can be written in the form of short notes or flowcharts and mind maps well in advance. This can be referred a few days before the examination as a short revision.
- Descriptive diagrams can be remembered by going through them at the end of each day of study.
- Writing down the important and standard formulae at a single place helps during revision for easy reference.
- Once the candidates have completed one thorough preparation, they can go for solving the previous papers and a few other sample papers.
- The most recommended book for the previous papers and solved papers is mentioned in the next sections.
- An analysis of the paper by cross checking the answers of the candidate with the given solutions helps the candidate identify its weaker areas.
- Rectifying the issues with the weaker areas during the initial phase by revision helps a candidate increase their score.
- During the last few days remaining, candidates are advised to not emphasize on learning new and unknown concepts.
- Doing so can create confusion among the topics previously prepared.
- Instead, focusing on topics strong to the candidate and clearing any confusions left would ease the scoring of the candidate.
- Aptitude gets better only with a lot of practice so that the candidate’s mind gets trained to think more logically.
- Few topics in aptitude where repeated trends can be found must be practiced more so that it gets better during the examination and helps reduce the time on aptitude.
- The time saved during the aptitude section can be utilized on other sections where memory or more thinking is necessary.
- Going through the latest news articles and reading articles on the internet would be helpful to a great extent for attempting questions from the general knowledge and English sections.
RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS :-
For the preparation for DSAT 2020, a thorough reading of the mentioned topics would be very helpful. There are a series of previous papers available on the internet that can be referred after the preparation phase is completed. Solving the previous papers helps the candidate identify their strengths and weaknesses and further work on them.