Dayanand Sagar Admission Test or DSAT is conducted by the Dayanand Sagar University, Banglore for admission into various UG and PG courses offered by the Dayanand Sagar University. It is a university level examination and candidates from all over the world can apply to the university. The exam would tentatively be conducted in the month of June 2020. The university is a recognized university under the Government of Karnataka and is reputed for its way of imparting education. The article hereby gives details about the Exam Pattern for DSAT 2020.
DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Applicants can check DSAT 2020 question paper pattern hearby;
- Mode of examination: The exam will be conducted in both the online and offline mode.
- Type of examination: It will be an objective type of examination. For the offline mode, it will be OMR i.e. optical marking reader type.
- Language of the Examination: The examination will be conducted in only the English language. Other languages are not available for DSAT.
- Duration of exam: The exam will be conducted for a duration of 120 minutes.
- Marking scheme: Each question will be awarded 1 mark for the correct answer and there is no negative marking for a wrong answer.
- The pattern of examination: The pattern of the examination varies course wise.
Particulars about DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- The examination for the undergraduate courses will consist of questions from Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- The level of the questions for the undergraduate examination will be from the class 11th and 12th level syllabus.
- The PG courses would contain questions importantly from the branch of specialization of the candidate.
- The PG examination would also contain questions from general knowledge, aptitude and reasoning that would test the skills of the candidate in various aspects.
- The examination would consist of 100 questions for a total duration of 2 hours.
- Thorough preparation of the standard textbooks would be helpful for the UG examination.
Overview of DSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Date of exam
To be announced
Dayanand Sagar University
Mode of exam
Online and Offline
Medium of exam
Duration of exam
Through the Dayanand Sagar Admission Test (DSAT), the Dayanand Sagar University offers admission into the following courses under UG and PG:
- B.tech – computer science and engineering
- B.tech – electronics and communication engineering
- B.tech – mechanical engineering
- B.tech – information technology
- B.com – bachelor of commerce
- BBA – bachelor of business administration
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.A. Journalism
- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- M.tech – Computer Science and Engineering, Specialization – Big Data/ Internet of Things
- M.tech – Computer Science and Information Technology, Specialization – Cloud Computing
- M.tech – Electronics and Communications, Specialization – Embedded Systems
- M.tech – Mechanical Engineering, Specialization – Design Engineering
- MBA: Master of Business Administration
- M.Pharma (10 per department)
- M.Sc (N)
- Masters in Physiotherapy
Instructions to appear in DSAT 2020
A few instructions must be compulsorily followed by the candidates appearing for DSAT 2020 as per the university guidelines. They are as below:
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear at the examination centre other than that allotted to them in the Admit Card.
- No contender will be permitted to enter the test centre/hall subsequent to the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates should follow the directions given by the invigilators in the exam room
- Candidates will not be permitted to carry any electronic device
- Any kind of malpractice by the candidate will lead to the disqualification of the candidate and also would be considered a serious offence
- All queries shall pertain to the university alone
- Decisions on incorrect questions shall be made by the university only and no other authority
- Candidates have to qualify the DSAT examination in order to be a part of the DSAT counselling.
- There is no other way one can get a seat in the institution.
- Candidates will be permitted to carry their pens and pencils t the examination.
- The use or even presence of electronic gadgets of any kind including mobiles, calculators, pagers, etc. will be considered as malpractice and further action is decided by the university after disqualifying the candidature of the appearing candidate.
- Impersonation is also a serious offence under the rules of the institution.