GCET Syllabus 2020 has been released by the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Goa along with the prospectus on its official website. The applicants must know the syllabus to get in help for better preparation to fetch good marks in the exam. It gives an idea about the type of questions which will be asked in the exam & topics from which question paper will be prepared. In Goa Common Entrance Test questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics of XII std as the exam is conducted to offer admission into Engineering & Pharmacy courses in state government/aided engineering colleges of Goa state. Read the full article to know GCET 2020 subject wise syllabus.
GCET Syllabus 2020
Candidates can check the subject wise detailed syllabus for DTE Goa CET below:
GCET Physics Syllabus 2020
- Electric charges & conservation. Coulomb's law – force between two point charges, etc.
Electric field related all topics. Electric flux, statement of Gauss’s theorem and its aplications to find field due to infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell (field inside and outside).
Electric potential, potential difference, electric potential due to a point charge, a dipole and system of charges; equipotential surfaces, electrical potential energy of a system of two point charges and of electric dipoles in an electrostatic field.
Conductors and insulators, free charges and bound charges inside a conductor. Dielectrics and electric polarization, capacitors and capacitance, a combination of capacitors in series and in parallel, the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectric medium between the plates, energy stored in a capacitor, Van de Graaff generator.
- Current Electricity
Electric current, the flow of electric charges in a metallic conductor, drift velocity and mobility, and their relation with electric current; Ohm’s law, electrical resistance, V-I characteristics (linear and non-linear), electrical energy and power, electrical resistivity and conductivity.
Carbon resistors, colour code for carbon resistors; series and parallel combinations of resistors; temperature dependence of resistance.
The internal resistance of a cell, potential difference & emf of a cell, combination of cells in series & in parallel. Wheatstone new bridge, metre bridge. Kirchhoff ’s laws and simple applications.
- Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
- Concept of Magnetic Field, Oersted's experiment. Biot-Savart law & its application to current carrying circular loop.
- Ampere's law & its applications to infinitely long straight wire, straight & toroidal solenoids.
- Force on moving charge in uniform magnetic & electric fields. Cyclotron.
- Torque experienced by a current loop in a magnetic field; moving galvanometer & its current sensitivity and conversion to ammeter and voltmeter.
- Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths. Permanent magnets
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic induction, Faraday's law. Self & mutual inductance.
- Alternating currents, peak & arms value of alternating current/voltage, etc.
- Electromagnetic Waves
- The idea of displacement current
- Electromagnetic waves & their characteristics.
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation
- Atoms & Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems
GCET Chemistry Syllabus 2020
- Solid State
Classification of solids based on different binding forces: molecular, ionic covalent and metallic solids, amorphous and crystalline solids(elementary idea)
Unit cell in two dimensional and three-dimensional lattices, calculation of density of unit cell, packing in solids, packing efficiency, voids, number of atoms per unit cell in a cubic unit cell, point defects, electrical and magnetic properties, Band theory of metals, conductors, semiconductors and insulators and type of semiconductors.
Types of solutions, expression of concentration of solutions of solids in liquids, the solubility of gases in liquids, solid solutions, colligative properties – the relative lowering of vapour pressure
Raoult’s law, the elevation of B.P., depression of freezing point, osmotic pressure, determination of molecular masses using colligative properties, abnormal molecular mass, Vant Hoff factor.
- Chemical Kinetics
- Rate of reaction, factors affecting rates of reaction, concentration, temperature, catalyst, order & molecularity of a reaction, etc.
- Surface Chemistry, General Principles & Process of Isolation of Elements, p-Block elements, d& f block elements.
- Coordination compounds, Haloalkanes & Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols & Ethers
- Biomolecules, Proteins, Hormones
- Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday life
GCET Mathematics Syllabus 2020
- Relations & Functions
Types of relations: Reflexive, symmetric, transitive and equivalence relations. One to one and onto functions, composite functions, the inverse of a function. Binary operations.
Inverse Trigonometric Functions - Definition, range, domain, principal value branches. Graphs of inverse trigonometric functions. Elementary properties of inverse trigonometric functions.
Matrices - Concept, notation, order, equality, types of matrices, zero matrices, transpose of a matrix, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices.
Non-commutativity of multiplication of matrices and existence of non-zero matrices whose product is the zero matrices (restrict to square matrices of ord.
Concept of elementary row and column operations. Invertible matrices and proof of the uniqueness of inverse, if it exists; (Here all matrices will have real entries)
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Applications of Derivatives
- Integrals, Applications of the Integrals
- Differential Equations
- Vectors & three-dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Probability - Multiplication theorem on probability.
GCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Its very important to prepare for exam in a best way as to fetch good marks. Below are few preparation tips for GCET, which might can help candidates.
- Plan the preparation strategy as per the syllabus of Goa Common Entrance Test.
- Divide the topics into parts. firstly focus on difficult topics & then move on to easy ones.
- Candidates can make a suitable time table for the preparation for the exam.
- As the questions will be based on 12th std, so must follow topics of PCM of that level.
- Must make notes so that it can be easy to understand at a glance.
- Be consistent and try to finish one topic each day
- Practice at least one mock test paper every day to enhance speed and accuracy level.