GCET 2022 is a state-level entrance exam that is conducted for various professional degree programmes by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa. The admission will be offered based on marks obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates will be able to get admission in the state government/aided engineering colleges of Goa state. NEET Qualified candidates will get admission to MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy), BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Science (Paramedical), and B.Sc. in nursing courses. Candidate must read the below-given article to know more about GCET 2022 like eligibility criteria, application form, etc.
GCET 2022 Exam Status
Candidates can check the important details about the GCET 2022 which is mentioned below:
|Application Status||Yet to Release|
GCET 2022 Important Dates
GCET 2022 important dates can be checked below in the given table:
GCET 2022 Schedule
|Notification||To be Announced|
|Application Form releases||To be Announced|
|Last date to submit application form at the application centre (without a late fee)||To be Announced|
|Last date to submit application form with late fees (Rs. 1500/-)||To be Announced|
|Admit card availability||To be Announced|
|GCET 2021 Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Result declaration||To be Announced|
|Counselling process||To be Announced|
GCET 2022 Application form
Directorate of Technical Education, Goa will release the GCET application form 2022. Candidates can check the basic information regarding registrations from below:
- Candidates are advised to read all the guidelines before applying and make sure not to fill in the wrong details.
- Candidates have to download the application form and take a printout of it.
- GCET application form has to be filled in the candidate’s handwriting.
- The filled-in application form has to be submitted at the specified locations in person.
- Payment must be made in the GCET form 2022 of a demand draft in the favour of “Director of Technical Education”. This must be submitted along with three identical photographs of the candidate and the printout of the duly filled application form in person at the notified Application Reception Centre at the location you have opted.
- The candidate is advised to take out the print of the registration form for further process.
GCET 2022 Application Fee
Applicants can check fee details below in the given table:
GCET 2022 Registration Fee
|For all category candidates||Rs 3500/-|
|Late fee ||Rs 1500/-|
The application fees will be accepted in the form of a demand draft at the HDFC bank. Fee once deposited will not be refunded.
GCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to follow certain norms related to eligibility. Thus, read the below points to know the GCET 2022 eligibility criteria:
- Firstly, all Indian Nationals can apply for GCET 2022.
- NRI candidates holding Indian Passports can also apply.
- Also, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are considered eligible to apply.
- There is no Age limit for admissions in engineering courses.
- An applicant must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board or an examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or any other examination, which in scope and standard, is deemed to be equivalent to the H.S.S.C. examination of Goa Board.
Minimum Marks in Qualifying Examination:
For MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS & AHS
- Candidate must have passed their Higher Secondary Certificate(12 class) examination of Goa
Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with English and secured a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate of subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology took together.
- 40% for the applicants belonging to SC, ST and OBC only and 45% for applicants belonging to PH category, for MBBS and BDS Course.
B.Sc. in Nursing
- Candidate must have passed the HSSC (qualifying exam) in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, and obtained a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for General Category,
- 40% aggregate marks in subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology for candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC category.
First Year B.E.
- The aspirant must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (12 class) examination of the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with English, Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology
- They just secured a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate of subjects of Physics & Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology. (40% for the applicants belonging to SC, ST and OBC only).
First Year B. Pharm.
- The candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2) Examination of the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/Biology subjects.
First Year B.Arch.:
- Council of Architecture has notified amended regulations related to minimum standards of
Architectural Education, to come into force from the academic year 2020-21, specifying that:
“No Candidate will be admitted to Architecture course unless they have passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+ 3 Diploma.
- Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.”
- No direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
Kashmiri Migrants Only in Engineering Courses:
- The aspirant must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination or its equivalent examination with English, Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology and secured not less than 45% marks in the subjects of Physics & Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
GCET 2022 Exam Pattern
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern should be known to each candidate who is willing to apply:
- There will be 3 papers (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- 2 hours is the duration of each paper.
- MCQ type questions will be asked.
- +1 mark will be awarded to the candidates for the correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The mode of the examination will be Offline.
Number of Questions
GCET 2022 Syllabus
GCET 2022 syllabus will be based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education. The syllabus will be set from the Standard 12th (Science) examination for the current year. The subjects that will be included in the GCET syllabus are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d and f – Block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Relations and Functions
- Vector and 3D Geometry
- Linear Programming
Important Instructions for GCET 2022
On the day of the examination, the candidates are required to follow the instructions given below.
- The candidates must be seated in the examination hall at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam.
- No candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall 30 minutes from the start of the test. No candidate shall be allowed to leave the exam centre until the full duration of the test is over and the answer sheets are collected by the invigilators.
- Any electronic gadgets, mobile phones, calculators are not allowed inside the examination hall.
GCET 2022 Admit Card
All the candidates who will successfully fill the application form will be able to obtain their GCET 2022 Admit Card from the application reception centre.
- Candidates must note that the admit card will not be available in online mode for downloading.
- Moreover, it is mandatory to bring the admit card on the exam day to the test centre to verify the candidate.
- Candidates are also required to produce the photo admit card at the exam centre
- However, no candidate will be allowed to appear for the entrance test if they don’t have a valid admit card.
GCET 2022 Result
- Any change in the schedule of publication of result will be notified in designated newspapers. No individual scorecard will be provided to the candidates.
- The authority will also release the answer key before the declaration of the result.
- Candidates can check it online mode.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for each course.
- Based on this merit list candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling rounds.
GCET 2022 Merit List
GCET 2022 merit List of the eligible applicant (as per the provisions of the previous year prospectus), for admissions to various courses, will be prepared as follows:
For MBBS,BDS, BHMS(Homeopathy),BAMS(Ayurveda),AHS,B.V.Sc.&A.H. & NURSING
Merit List of admissions for these courses will be prepared based on the applicant’s performance at NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) 2022 conducted by NTA, using NEET UG AIR (All India Rank/ Percentile/ Score Card) issued, as applicable.
- For these courses, eligibility and merit list criteria specified by the respective regulatory authority will be applicable.
For Bachelor of Engineering
- The merit list for B.E will be based on aggregate marks of GCET–2021 in the subjects of Physics and Mathematics.
For Bachelor of Pharmacy
- The merit list for B.Pharma will be based on aggregate marks scored at GCET-2022 in the subjects
of Physics and Chemistry.
For Bachelor of Architecture
- The merit list for B.Arch will be based on an aggregate of marks obtained in NATA and the aggregate marks obtained at the qualifying examination (HSSC), added in the ratio of 1:1 i.e with 50% weightage each for NATA score, and aggregate marks in the subjects of the qualifying examination.
GCET 2022 Tie Breaker Rule
For Bachelor of Engineering
In case the marks of two or more candidates are equal, an applicant with more marks in GCET-2021 Mathematics shall be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks in Mathematics are also equal, an applicant with more marks in
Chemistry will be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks in Chemistry are also equal, an applicant with more aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics at the qualifying examination (10+2) will be placed higher in the merit list. In case of a tie at this stage, the applicant scoring more marks in Mathematics at the qualifying examination (10+2) will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If all the above are also equal, then the applicant with an earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the order of merit.
For Bachelor of Pharmacy
In case the above marks of two or more applicants are equal, an applicant with more marks in GCET Chemistry will be placed higher in the merit list.
- In case the marks in Chemistry are also equal, an applicant with more aggregate marks in Physics and Chemistry at the qualifying examination (10+2) will be placed higher in the merit list. In case of a tie at this stage, applicant scoring more marks in Chemistry at the qualifying examination (10+2) will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If all the above are also equal, then the candidate with the earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the order of merit.
For Bachelor of Architecture
In case the above-combined marks are equal, an applicant with higher NATA marks will be placed higher in order of merit.
- If the NATA marks are also equal, then applicant with higher marks in Mathematics will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If the above marks are also equal, then the applicant with the earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the merit list.
GCET 2022 Counselling
After the declaration of result, the authority will release the admission form for participating in GCET 2022 counselling.
- The counselling will be conducted through offline mode.
- After each round of the counselling, the authority will publish the names of the selected candidates for admission in the admission list. Candidates have to report the allotted college along with all required original documents after the seat allotment.
GCET 2022 Test Centre
Given below the list of Goa Common Entrance Test 2022:
1 Tiswadi Cujira(Bambolim)
GCET 2022 Highlights
Given below are the major points of GCET 2022:
Goa Common Entrance Test
Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Goa
Directorate of Technical Education, Alto-Porvorim, Goa
GCET 2021 Official Website
Stay connected for more updates about GCET 2022 at the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Goa
Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Goa
The Government of Goa in 1986 created the Directorate of Technical Education to:-
- Facilitate new Technical Education Institutions and Courses in the State of Goa.
- Facilitate Technical Education through the Board of Technical Education in the State of Goa.
- Facilitate Centralized Admission to Technical and Professional Institutes to the students of the State of Goa.
- Prepare Budget, Distribute funds for Technical Education in the State.
- Facilitate, Manage and Control Technical Education and Institutes in the State of Goa through rules and regulations of the statutory bodies like AICTE, PCI, COA, etc., as approved by the State Government.
- Management of Human Resources of Technical Educational Institutions (Faculty in Group A & B).
- Management of Human Resource of Directorate of Technical Education (Group A, B, C, & D).