GITAM GAT 2022 Syllabus is based on the syllabus of class 11th and class 12th. The course is present in detail with the topics and the syllabus to be covered under each heading. Also, all those candidates who wish to appear for GITAM GAT 2022 should have an idea about the syllabus of the entrance examination. But, to score well, candidates need to solve questions on each topic mentioned in the syllabus. Further, questions from mainly three subjects will appear in the examination namely, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
GITAM GAT 2022 Syllabus
The course-wise GITAM GAT 2022 syllabus is given below.
It includes the following topics-
- Sets, relations, and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Quadratic equations and theory of equations
- Binomial theorem and its applications
- Sequence and series
- Permutation and combination
- Matrices and determinants
- Vector algebra
- 3D geometry
- Properties of triangles
- Limits, continuity, and differentiability
- Applications of derivatives
- Indefinite integration
- Application of Integrals
- Coordinate geometry
- Parabola, Ellipse, and Hyperbola
- Differential equations
- Probability, random variables, distribution, and statistics
It includes the following topics-
- Diversity in the living world
- External morphology
- Internal morphology
- Cell biology
- Plant Taxonomy
- Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Plant physiology
It includes the later topics-
- Units and dimensions, Elements of vectors
- Kinematics and Work, power and energy
- Centre of mass and collisions
- Rotatory motion and gravitation
- Elasticity, surface tension, and fluid mechanics
- Thermal properties of matter, thermodynamics and the kinetic theory of Gases.
- Simple harmonic motion, wave motion, and sound
- Ray optics and optical instruments, wave optics
It includes the following topics -
- Atomic structure
- Classification and periodicity of elements
- Gases and liquids
- Ionic and chemical equilibrium
- Chemistry of hydrocarbons.
- organic compounds containing organic oxygen
- organic compounds based on functional groups containing nitrogen
- chemistry in daily life
- chemical periodicity
- Principle of metallurgical operations
- comparative study of elements
- coordination compound
- transition metals and chemical analysis.
Moreover, GITAM University Admission Test Syllabus is mentioned at Gitam University website. Candidates can download the syllabus in pdf format from the official website.
How to Download GITAM GAT UG 2022 Syllabus?
The candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the GITAM GAT syllabus:
- Simply go to the website with the given link above.
- Search for "syllabus".
- A pdf formatted file opens.
- Click on "Download" to download it.
Exam pattern with section-wise weightage
The exam pattern with section-wise weightage is given below.
|Section||Subject||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks||Marking Scheme|
|A||Mathematics/ Biology||40||160||4 marks awarded for the correct answer. 1 mark deducted for incorrect answer.|
|B||Physics||30||120||4 marks awarded for the correct answer. 1 mark deducted for incorrect answer.|
|C||Chemistry||30||120||4 marks awarded for the correct answer. 1 mark deducted for incorrect answer.|
| ||Total||100||400|| |
Books One Can Refer
Good books which the candidate can refer are as follows:-
- NCERT Physics of XI & XII
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- Advance Level Physics by M Nelkon & P Parker.
- Numerical Chemistry by P Bahadur
- Organic Chemistry by TW Graham Solomons and Craig Fryhle
- Objective Maths by RD Sharma
- Problems in Calculus by IA Maron
- Elements of Coordinate Geometry & Trigonometry by SL Loney
GITAM GAT 2022 Admit Card
The candidates can get the hall ticket from the official website of the exam. They must carry the admit card in the exam hall as without it entry would not be given in the examination hall.