HPU MCA 2020 application form had been closed on 18 July 2020. Himachal Pradesh University Master of Computer Application Entrance Exam will be conducted by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (HPU Shimla). This exam is conducted annually at state-level. Through this examination, admission would be offered to aspirants into various Colleges under HPU for pursuing MCA. K.L.B.D.A.V Girls College for Technology, Palampur is one of the prestigious institutes that come under HPU for MCA courses. Candidate can read the below-given article to know more about HPU MCA 2020.
- The last date to apply for HPU MCA 2020 had been closed on 18 July 2020.
- HPU MCA 2020 has been postponed, dates will be announced soon.
HPU MCA 2020 Important Dates
HPU MCA 2020 Important Dates are given below:
HPU MCA EE Exam Dates 2020
Last date of Registration
18 July 2020
Availability of Admit Card
|To be announced|
HPU MCA 2020
|To be announced|
Declaration of Result
|To be announced|
|To be announced|
HPU MCA 2020 Application Form
HPU MCA 2020 Application Form is made available from May 2020 on the official website of the university. Below given guidelines are to be followed by all the candidate before they proceed with the application form:
- Candidate must read the information brochure before filling the application form.
- Candidate has to create an email account (one email ID for each candidate will only be considered valid).
- Mobile number must be given in basic details. If the candidates don't have a mobile number, Please enter the guardian's mobile number as all the important details will be forwarded via email/SMS.
- All red star fields are mandatory.
- Candidates are advised to take print of the filled application form for further process.
Documents required to fill the application form:
Candidates must be ready with the following documents to fill the HPU MCA 2020 Application form:
- Scanned copy of candidate's recent photograph (Color)
- Scanned copy of candidate's signature (Either blue or black pen)
- Scanned copy of applicant's Father/Mother signature (Either blue or black pen)
HPU MCA 2020 Application Fee:
Candidate has to pay the application fee to submit the registration form. Given below the category wise application fee:
HPU MCA 2020 Registration Fee
Mode of fee payment
Candidate can submit the application fee through Challan or Online mode.
- If a candidate select payment through challan option then he has to select the bank and click on generate challan. After that candidate have to download the Challan and submit the same to the selected bank. Bank will give a reference number against the challan.
- Candidate can log in again and submit their reference number under submit reference number and application form.
- Candidate can also pay the application fee through online mode via Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
HPU MCA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must satisfy the HPU MCA 2020 Eligibility Criteria to fill the application form. Given below the HPU MCA 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) from a recognized University established by law in India
- Candidate must have Mathematics as a compulsory subject at 10+2 level.
- BCA/BSc (IT)/BSc (Computer Science)/BSc Physical Science (Computer Science)/BA with Computer Science/BSc Honors with Computer Science or any graduate with computers as one of the subject in all the three years of graduation with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST) from a University established by law in India.
- The maximum age limit for admission to the MCA course in HPU is 26 years for general category, 29 years for SC/ST category and 28 years for girl candidates, as on the first July of the year of admission. The Vice-Chancellor may grant age relaxation up to a maximum of six months.
Reservation of seats
Given below the category wise distribution of seats:
Subsidized Seats and Non Subsidized seats
|Category||Seats in %|
|SC of Himachal Pradesh||15|
|ST of Himachal Pradesh||7.5|
|Physically Handicapped of Himachal Pradesh||5|
- 25% seats will be open to all the candidates irrespective of the institution from where
they have passed their qualifying examination, in which the graduates of this University
will also be eligible to compete through competitive test.
- 75% of the seats will be filled by the candidates who have passed their qualifying
examination from Himachal Pradesh University or H.P. Krishi Vishvavidyalaya or Dr Y.S.
Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Himachal Pradesh Technical University and Central University of Himachal Pradesh or the candidates who are Himachal Pradesh Domicile irrespective of passing qualifying examination from any other Universities established by law in India which is equivalent to the qualifying examinations of Himachal Pradesh University.
*Few seats for foreign National who apply through ICCR are also available as per HPU Rules.
HPU MCA 2020 Exam Pattern
HPU MCA 2020 Exam Pattern is given below:
Exam Pattern of HPU MCA 2020
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
120 minutes (2 hours)
Type of Questions
Medium of examination
Division of marks based on subjects:
General Logical Ability & Aptitude
Mathematics of 10+2 Level
Basic of Computers
HPU MCA 2020 Admit Card
HPU MCA 2020 Admit Card will be available online and all the applicants are supposed to download and print it before they appear for the examination. Below mentioned guidelines must be followed by the applicants:
- Original Proof of Identity must be carried to the examination centre - Aadhaar/Passport/Driving License/Voter ID.
- Candidates must show on demand the Admit Card (HPU MCA 2020) for entry to the Examination Hall. A candidate not possessing print out of the downloaded admit card and valid photo identity shall not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination Hall will be debarred from appearing the examination and shall not be allowed in the future also.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature and the candidate might get blacklisted for future applications also.
HPU MCA 2020 Exam Centre
The HPU MCA Entrance Test 2020 shall be held at the following centres-
- H.P. University Campus, Summer Hill, Shimla
- H.P. University Regional Centre, Dharamshala, Kangra
- Government College, Mandi
- Government College, Hamirpur
Note - The University reserves the right to allot any examination centre to the candidate irrespective of
the choice given by the candidate.
HPU MCA 2020 Result
HPU MCA 2020 Result will be announced on the official website and all the applicants are requested to login using their credentials and check their results. Candidates who have qualified the examination will be further called to attend the Counselling session about which the candidates will read about in the next section of the article. The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Examination for subsidized as well as non-subsidized seats will be 35% i.e. 46 marks out of total of 130 marks & no minimum qualifying marks limit in case of SC/ST.
HPU MCA 2020 Counselling
HPU MCA 2020 Counselling will commence after the result declarations. Candidate can read the below-given point to know more about HPU MCA counselling:
- The Counselling will be held on the HPU campus for admission to the MCA course in 2020.
- The candidates are required to check the official website of the Department for the results, merit list and Counselling schedules.
- No separate result cards and intimation regarding Counselling will be sent to the candidates under no circumstances.
- The Counselling will be held strictly as per the duly published Counselling schedule posted on the website by the authority.
The candidate has to attend the Counselling in person along with all the original documents mention below:
- Date of Birth (DOB) proof
- 10+2 certificates
- Graduation certificates
- Bonafide resident
- Proof of only child who is a girl
- Proof of category
In case the candidates do not attend the Counselling session as per the schedule, their candidature for the MCA seat will be cancelled and will be awarded to other deserving candidates.
HPU MCA 2020 Highlights
Given below the vital points of HPU MCA 2020:
HPU MCA 2020
Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
HPU MCA EE Official website
To filter applicants based on their performance in the entrance exam for MCA courses.
Stay connected for more updates about HPU MCA 2020 at Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
Himachal Pradesh University
The Himachal Pradesh University was founded on July 22, 1970. It is located at Summer Hill, Shimla. The location of the University presents a panoramic natural view among the woods, settled around Summer Hill. The camps where one half bathes in the fresh sun towards the east and another half in the grandeur of unique sunset on the West. Overlooking snow peaked majestic mountain ranges add to the lofty ideals and vision of the university. Its salubrious climate and calmness present congenial atmosphere to pursue higher studies.