IIAD 2020 Online Exam is going to be held on 12 June 2020 and offline exam is going to be held on 13 June 2020. It is also known as Indian Institute of Art and Design - Design Aptitude Test and is organised by Indian Institute of Art and Design in collaboration with Kingston University, London. It is a University level exam held twice a year. The entrance exam is conducted in offline mode and welcomes candidates of any stream (Science/ Commerce/ Arts/ Humanities) who has a flair for design. IIAD 2020 offers admission to the candidates in various undergraduate programmes in following design courses viz; Communication Design, Fashion Design, Interior Architecture & Design & Fashion Business Management. The candidates must go through the complete article to know all about IIAD DAT 2020 Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria and so on.
- IIAD 2020 Online Exam is scheduled to be held on 12 June 2020.
- IIAD 2020 Offline Exam is scheduled to be held on 13 June 2020.
- The Last Date to fill the Application Form is not announced yet, so candidates can apply online.
IIAD 2020 Application Form
Indian Institute of Art and Design has released the IIAD 2020 application form
has been released on September 2019 for both the cycle. Candidates can check the details related to the IIAD 2020 Application form given below. Candidates can submit the Examination form in any mode i.e. online or offline:
- For Online Application: Applicants who want to apply online for the various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes can submit their Registration Form along with necessary documents by registering themselves at IIAD’s Online Application Portal.
- For Offline Application: Interested candidates have to visit the campus, collect the Application Form and submit it along with documents asked by the authority of the IIAD Admissions Office. The completed application form must be sent to the following address-
Indian Institute of Art & Design
B-26, Okhla Phase I
New Delhi 110020 India
Note: No multiple application forms shall be entertained.
IIAD 2020 Registration Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay the examination fee of Rs. 2000/- at the time of submission of the Application Form.
- Online Payment: Candidate can pay IIAD 2020 Registration Fee using Visa or Mastercard.
- Offline Payment: If any candidate is applying offline, he or she can pay the application fee as Demand Draft at the institute address.
On successful completion of the Application form, candidate whall receive an acknowledgement email from the Admissions Team with relevant information.
IIAD 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the IIAD 2020 eligibility criteria
before they apply for the exam. The IIAD 2020 Eligibility criteria for Undergraduate and Lateral entry is given below:
For Undergraduate Programmes
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination or equivalent in any stream (Science, Commerce, Humanities or Arts) are eligible for the exam.
- Candidates who are appearing for their 10+2 examination in 2020 or are waiting for the result can also apply for the exam.
IIAD accepts candidates from any of the below-listed Boards of Education:
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)
- Indian State Boards
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- Or any other approved National or International Education Board.
If a candidate is supposed to fulfil all the above eligibility criteria, he/she can opt any of following UG programmes at IIAD:
- UG Fashion Design
- UG Communication Design
- UG Interior Architecture and Design
For Postgraduate Programmes
- Candidates who have passed their Undergraduate Examination (or equivalent) in any discipline from a recognised Institute or University may apply.
- Those who are appearing for it in the current academic year or are awaiting their results may also apply.
For Lateral Entry
Also, there is a lateral entry for those who have passed one year in any discipline from a recognised university/board.
IIAD 2020 Admit Card
The IIAD 2020 Admit card
for Design Aptitude Test will be issued by the Indian Institute of Art and Design in December 2019 for cycle 1 and in April 2020 for cycle 2. The information about the IIAD 2020 Admit card/Hall ticket is given below:
- Admission Ticket will be available on the official website of IIAD.
- Candidates can download the admit card through online mode only.
- Candidates can download their admit card by using their application number and Date of Birth (DOB).
- Admit card will be issued to those candidates only who have successfully submitted their application form via online or offline mode.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the IIAD DAT admit card.
IIAD 2020 Exam Pattern
The IIAD 2020 Exam Pattern
is conducted accordingly to the course chosen by the candidate and comprises of the following rounds :
IIAD 2020 Question Paper Pattern
|Programmes||Rounds/Parts||Duration of Exam|
|For Fashion Design, Communication Design and Interior Architecture & Design Applicants||Part 1- IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
Part 2- Studio Simulation
| 150 minutes (two and a half hours)|
‘Studio simulation test’ is a two-hour activity process in which a group of 12-15 students are given a brief along with the material. Applicants are required to create a 3D model using that material under the supervision of the faculty. They will be judged based on teamwork, creative thinking, innovation & problem-solving skills.
IIAD 2020 Exam nature
IIAD 2020 Exam Paper Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Language||English language|
|Rounds/ Parts ||2|
IIAD 2020 Selection Process
IIAD 2020 selection process consists of two steps. Candidates will go through following two steps for admission at IIAD:
Part 1- The IIAD Design Aptitude Test is consists of two Parts-
- Section A: Logical Reasoning
- Section B: Creative Thinking and Visual Ability
- Test process: This test evaluates the candidates' aptitude for drawing, design ability, power of observation/representation, creativity, imagination, lateral thinking and writing skills. It also checks the candidate’s environmental awareness through visual and textual questioning.
Part 2- Studio Simulation
- Test process: Studio Simulation is a personal interaction session conducted in a studio simulated environment to understand a candidate’s interest in the discipline, evaluate their design aptitude, test their ability to innovate and assess their capacity to comprehend information and solve problems.
IIAD 2020 Preparation Tips
While preparing for IIAD, the candidate must keep in mind the following IIAD 2020 Preparation Tips to qualify the exam with flying colours. Some preparation tips for IIAD is given below for the candidates to follow a study routine:
- Candidates should prepare separately for the two sections of the exam to clear both the rounds.
- For the Logical reasoning and creative thinking part, a candidate must refer to the IIAD 2020 Paper pattern and allot time accordingly to both the sections.
- The interview round will showcase the knowledge of the subject candidates are applying for. Therefore, they should have their basic concepts up to the mark in front of the interviewer.
- For Fashion and Architecture programmes, candidates must create a Portfolio including 2D work like sketches, paintings, drawings, photographs and 3D work as well to show in Portfolio Assessment.
- Candidates need to work on their presentation and communication skills for both Portfolio and Personal interview round.
IIAD 2020 Result
IIAD 2020 Results
is released by Indian Institute of Art & Design online on the official website. Candidates who appeared in IIAD 2020 can check their scorecard by logging with their credentials emailed to them during the registration. The result is prepared based on the performance of candidates in the written and Personal/ Portfolio Assessment rounds conducted in IIAD 2020. Results for both the Admission cycle will be declared separately.
IIAD 2020 Scholarship
IIAD offers Scholarships to the aspirants based on merit. The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled to get financial aids for completing the course:
- Candidates must have cleared class 12 with a minimum of 70% marks.
- The candidate must also submit the completed Scholarship Form along with the Application Form at the time of applying to IIAD. After this, the candidate is only applicable for the scholarship based on his/her performance in the IIAD Entrance Examination comprising DAT and Studio Simulation / Personal Interview.
- Scholarship application forms with incomplete information or without supporting documents will not be entertained and are liable for rejection.
1. Undergraduate Fees is inclusive of Kingston University and UGC approved Indian University Charges.
2. Security Deposit will be refunded on completion of the programme after adjusting any dues.
3. Refund of fees will be governed by IIAD Fees Refund Policy.
4. All fees are subject to change at the discretion of the Institute.
5. Inclusive of govt. taxes as per pre prevalent rates.
Policy On Refund Of fees:
IIAD has some policies for the refundment of fees listed below:
Fees Refund Policy
|1||Any written withdrawal application received by IIAD latest by 1 June 2020||Full Refund|
|2||Any written withdrawal application received by IIAD between|
2 June 2020 - 25 June 2020
|Admission Fee (100%)|
|3||Any written withdrawal application received by IIAD between|
26 June 2020 - 17 July 2020
|100% Admission Fee + 50 % of the First Installment|
1. Only written applications in hardcopy towards the withdrawal of admission submitted to Registrar's Office will be entertained.
2. Withdrawal application deadline dates are based upon the receipt date of withdrawal application letter by the institute (Not based on sent dates by the applicant).
3. The refund request should be entertained before 17 July 2020.
4. The Institute has the right to increase the fee for any course of study at the beginning of the academic year of the course.
5. A refund cheque will be available Four weeks after the request has been accepted.
IIAD Design Aptitude Test: Courses Offered
Candidates can go through the undergraduate courses offered for admission based on an aspirant's performance in IIAD Aptitude Test 2020. The list of courses is given below:
- Fashion Design: The course mainly focuses on holistic learning and help to understand the basic fundamental of design analysis to create or enhance fashion. Insights gained in the processes of design, it also emphasis in new age theories, methods and techniques which is useful in developing a deep visual vocabulary and express judgments about form & composition.
- Communication Design: The aim of the Communication Design (CD) program is to develop an understanding and mastery of communication design principles, skills, and theories. Communication design can be defined in broad terms, ranging from printed work to interactive displays, all in the service of informing, educating, and delighting people. The CD program teaches a problem-solving approach to communication, with a special concern for the people affected by any designed communication.
- Interior Architecture and Design: Interior design focuses on designing interactions for the physical, cognitive as well as social environments using New Media and emerging technologies. The programme performs some experiments based learning of how people perceive, understand, use and experience interactive objects, digital environments and spaces. Drawing based on an interdisciplinary approach brings together product design, information architecture, visual communication, cognitive psychology and computer science, the course involves exploration of alternatives, pushing the envelope of what is known.
Fashion Business and Management: This program will help students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become future business leaders in the fashion industry. The program's Fashion Business and Management courses includes various subjects such as the design and manufacturing process, evolution of fashion and design and their relationship to designers, producers and retailers, Ethical and sustainable along with innovative practices for leadership in a global fashion industry, design trends and technologies to predict sales dynamic for fashion products and services
IIAD 2020 Highlights
Candidate must keep themselves updated as per IIAD DAT 2020 Information. Basic Informations regarding IIAD Entrance Exam 2020 are shown below:
IIAD 2020 Basic Information
|Indian Institute of Art and Design - Design Aptitude Test 2020 (IIAD- DAT 2020)|
Indian Institute of Art and Design
Various Design Courses
IIAD Official Website
Offline( Pen and Paper)
Admission Test for Design Courses
Indian Institute of Art and Design - Design Aptitude Test
iDAT which is also known as the IIAD Design Aptitude Test is conducted to offer admission in various undergraduate and postgraduate design programmes.
IIAD entrance exam is a two-hour and thirty minutes written test where candidates are evaluated on their drawing and design skills, imaginative and creative expression, observation skills, as well as communication and visual strengths. The admission process for IIAD entrance exam is such that after appearing for the written test candidates have to appear for a studio simulation (for UG candidates) or personal interview (for PG candidates) round.
Indian Institute of Art and Design
The Indian Institute Of Art And Design (IIAD), New Delhi offers Undergraduate Programmes in Design through its academic collaboration with Kingston School of Art, Kingston University, London. IIAD has also introduced three new courses for Undergraduate and Postgraduate aspirants.
- The Bachelor’s Programmes at IIAD range from Communication Design to Interior Architecture & Design and Fashion Design & Management.
- The Postgraduate Programmes are offered in Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management
- IIAD aims to give its students a thorough grounding in indigenous arts, crafts, traditions and the country’s rich history in architectural design while also developing in them a knowledge of modern technologies used across the world.