IIAD 2023 Exam Pattern has been released by the Indian Institute of Art and Design. The exam will be conducted to enrol the candidates in Undergraduate Design Programs at IIAD main Campus on 28 December 2022. Candidates who are interested in bachelor's degree courses in Fashion Design, Interior Architecture & Design, and Communication Design, offered by the Indian Institute of Art & Design, New Delhi can apply for IIAD 2023. Candidates can go through the article to have all the information regarding the IIAD Exam Pattern 2023.
The screening process at IIAD aims to test the merit of a candidate based on their aptitude for design learning.
The IIAD Entrance test has two components, which vary based on the course you apply for.
IIAD provides merit-cum-means scholarships to deserving students. All students who qualify the IIAD Entrance Test are eligible to apply for scholarship.
Application Link: IIAD has released the application for all courses, find the official link here.
IIAD 2023 Exam Pattern
For scoring well in the IIAD entrance exam, Candidates must be aware of the IIAD 2023 exam pattern before they start preparing for the exam. Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination is given below:
- The IIAD entrance exam consists of two sections, which have multiple choice type questions, Drawing & Sketching, and Descriptive answer questions.
- The IIAD exam is of 200 marks which will be allotted to each correct answer. Marks to be allotted varies as per the type of the question.
- There is no negative marking in IIAD Entrance Exam 2023.
- IIAD Entrance Test 2023 exam paper will be based on 02 subjects. The numbers of questions vary in each section. Some of the major highlights for IIAD Entrance Exam Pattern 2023 Highlights tabulated below:
IIAD 2023 Paper Paper
|Exam Mode||Offline Pen Paper Based Test / Online Test|
|Number of Sections||Two Sections (A and B)|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type - Multiple choice questions|
|Exam Duration||02 hours (120 minutes)|
|Exam Language|| English|
IIAD Exam 2023 is designed to test a candidate's creativity, presentation as well as writing skills along with the logical decision-making power, design, and drawing ability.
- There are two sections in the question paper of IIAD (IDAT) 2023 Entrance Exam.
- Section A consists of logical reasoning and Section B is for Creative Thinking & Problem Solving.
- Numbers of questions vary in each section, maximum marks for each question, and obviously weightage also.
Some information about a number of questions, maximum marks, and weightage is given as under:
Section Wise Exam Pattern
|Section A||Logical Reasoning||100||50%|
|Section B||Creative Thinking & Problem Solving||100||50%|
| -||Total Marks||200||- |
IIAD 2023 Important Instructions
Candidates must follow some General Instructions for IIAD IDAT 2023 a candidate must follow:
- Candidates are advised to reach the examination centre at least 30 minutes before the commencement of IIAD Entrance Exam 2023 exam.
- Candidates must not open the sealed Response Sheet and question paper before receiving the instructions from the invigilator.
- Applicants have to go through the instructions carefully to mark responses on Response Sheet.
- For filling the marks in circles, the candidate should fill it with Blue or Black Ball Pen Ink.
- Candidates can not make changes in their responses in the OMR sheet, so mark answers carefully.
- No calculations or rough work should be done on the question paper
- Check a number of pages of the Question paper and Response Sheet, if any issue is found, immediately inform the Invigilator and get it changed.
- The candidate will have to bring the following accessories as per the requirements of the test paper:
- Pens / Pencils
- Dry Colours (Pencils / Paste)
- A Ruler
- Sketch Pen / Coloured Pen
- A small pair of Scissors
- Candidates will be provided blank paper sheets for creating drawings and doing rough work.
- Answer sheets should be submitted to the invigilators after completion of examination time.
- Candidates with 10+2 or equivalent in any stream (Science, Commerce, Humanities/Arts) with an aggregate of minimum 50% are eligible to apply. Candidates appearing for Class XII examination in the current academic year or awaiting results may also apply.
- Candidates are accepted from CBSE/ISC/State/IB or any other equivalent Indian or International Higher Secondary Board.