IIITH PGEE 2021 Admission process will start from 19 February 2021. It will be conducted by IIIT Hyderabad (International Institute of Information Technology) for various Postgraduate and Doctorate programmes. It is also known as the International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad - Post Graduate Entrance Examination. IIITH PGEE 2021 is a national level entrance exam conducted twice a year. The interested candidates will be able to apply by filling the application process in an online mode. Applicants need to appear for a computer-based examination conducted by IIIT Hyderabad. Shortlisted candidates for MS and PhD courses from this exam will have to clear an interview to gain admission. The decision on final admission offer is solely based on the performance in interview. Interviews may be conducted online. For M.Tech programmes, PGEE exam marks will be used to prepare a list of top-scoring candidates who are eligible for seat allocation which will be done in 2 rounds. Those who want to apply can check PG Entrance Examination Important dates, eligibility criteria, Application form, Admit card, Exam pattern, IITH PGEE syllabus etc in the given article.
PG admissions portal will be opened by 19 February 2021 tentatively. The entrance exam will be conducted in the last week of April or first week of May 2021.
Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PGEE)
PG Entrance Examination (PGEE) is required for admission to all PG programs. There are two types of PG programmes.
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.) programme which is based on course work.
- Master of Science (M.S.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes which require some course work and completion of a research thesis.
List of programmes (M.Tech., M.S., PhD.)
The list of programmes currently being offered is given below.
Courses under PG Entrance Examination
|Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Computer Science and Information Security||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Computer-Aided Structural Engineering||Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering|
| ||IT in Building Science||IT in Building Science|
| || ||Computational Linguistics|
| || ||Computational Natural Sciences|
| || ||Spatial Informatics|
Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PGEE) 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can find important dates and events related to IIITH PGEE 2021 from the given table below:
PGEE 2021 Important Dates
Application form available
|19 February 2021|
Last date to apply
1st week of March 2021
Release of admit card
2nd week of April 2021
Entrance test for PGEE 2021
Last week of April 2021
Modes of Postgraduate Admissions in IIIT-H
- Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PGEE): A computer-based examination conducted by IIIT-H called PG Entrance Examination (PGEE), Which is required for admission to all PG programs.
- Winter Research Admissions 2020 (For Spring 2021) (PhD in CSE & ECE): WREE, Research admissions at IIIT-H are open for Winter 2020. Admission is restricted to the PhD program, which will provide access to our vibrant research programs in the core areas of CSE and ECE.
- Special Scheme for Applicants with PhD Offers: Under this scheme, a student will get a provisional admission for the PhD program in IIITH for a period of one year.
- Standing Committee Admissions: Candidates with extraordinary academic performance and R&D experience can apply through a Standing Committee. Applicants need to send their Curriculum vitae (CV) to [email protected] Admission in this mode is restricted to MS by Research and PhD programmes. Applications can be sent throughout the year.
- Post Graduate Student Status Programme (PGSSP): Working professionals who are employed at Hyderabad and have a desire to pursue higher studies on a part-time basis can apply to the Post Graduate Student Status Programme (PGSSP). Admissions are open in Monsoon and Spring semesters every year.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Application Form
The applicants can fill the IIITH PGEE Application form 2021 from February 2021 online at the official website of IIITH. Following are the steps to be followed by the aspiring candidates to fill the form correctly:
- Visit the IIITH official website for applying for postgraduate courses.
- The last date to fill IIITH PGEE exam registration forms is the last week of May 2021.
- Download the instructions to get a better understanding of the application form
- Enter personal details, Academic Qualifications and Contact details
- Next step is to upload a scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature according to the size prescribed in the instructions.
- Next, the candidates have to submit the application fee according to the category and gender.
- Before the final submission, candidates are required to check the entered details carefully.
- Submit the Application form and keep the confirmation email for future reference.
- Also, keep a copy of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future use.
The unique identification number shall be required for verification and for downloading the admit card. The application fee for attending the IIITH PGEE 2021 is Rs.2000/- for one course and additional Rs.50/- for each additional course.
Mode of Payment: The fee can be paid through credit/debit card or net banking.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility to appear for IIITH PGEE 2021:
- For the PhD degree programme: The candidates must hold a master’s degree in a relevant discipline to be eligible for admissions into the PhD degree programme.
- For the MS degree programme: The applicants should have done BE/ B.Tech in a related branch if they wish to apply for enrolment in an MS degree.
- For M.Tech degree programme: Those who have passed their BE/ B.Tech degree exam from a recognized institute/ university are eligible for M.Tech.
- SAARC country nationals are eligible for PGEE and will be treated on par with Indian nationals.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Admit Card
The IIITH PGEE Hall ticket 2021 will be released on the official website of IITH. The aspirants can check the details for the IIIT Hyderabad Hall ticket below in the given points:
- The candidates can download the admit card after login in at the official website using their application form and password.
- On the admit card the details of the candidates such as name, date of birth, etc and the details of the exam centre and schedule will be mentioned.
- The candidates must check the details on the admit card and if any discrepancy is found, must communicate it to the concerned authorities.
- The admit card must be carried to the exam centre on the day of the exam along with a valid identity proof.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of the exam will cover the topics studied by the candidates during their qualifying exam. For the PhD exam, the questions will be asked from a higher level and will be difficult. For MS and M.Tech exam, the syllabus will be comprised of the topics from the bachelor’s level. Candidates must carefully go through the IIT Hyderabad PGEE syllabus before starting the preparation.
There are two papers in IIITH PGEE exam: Paper 1 & Paper 2. Paper 1 is a general aptitude paper while Paper 2 is subjective. The basic description of the topics or subjects included in both the papers of IIIT Hyderabad PGEE syllabus is given below:
1. General Aptitude (Paper 1)
This paper is compulsory for every candidate. For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 01 in this paper. The candidates must score at least minimum marks in this paper to appear in Paper 2 of IIITH PGEE 2021. Important topics asked in this paper are:
- Basic Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Basic Questions on Computers
2. Subject Based (Paper 2)
Candidates qualifying for paper 1 can appear in paper 2 of IIITH PGEE entrance exam. This paper is a subjective paper in which questions are generally asked based on subjects studied by the candidate in the graduation. This paper consists of 25 questions with a duration of 90 minutes. For every correct answer, 01 marks will be allotted. Questions in Paper 2 are generally from the following subjects:
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Communication Engineering- Part A- Electronics and Part B- Signal Processing and Communication. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview on the score obtained by them in both the parts.
- Structural Engineering
- PGEE for Center of Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics, Hyderabad (CCNSB) - It is an objective type paper in which candidates may attempt any one section out of the Major Part or Minor Part. The sections included in this subjects are Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and Bioinformatics.
- Computational Linguistics
IIITH PGEE 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PGEE 2021) consists of the details about the entrance examination such as mode, marking scheme, duration and more. By referring to the exam pattern, the hopefuls were able to prepare well for the upcoming examination since they were familiar with the pattern.
|PGEE Exam Details 2021|
Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)
No. of Papers
Paper I - Objective (General Aptitude) and Paper-II - Subjective-based
Paper I - 90 Minutes and Paper-II - 90 Minutes
There will be No Negative Marking.
Subject-Wise Questions Distribution
Electronics and Communication
Objective and Subjective
Computational Natural Science and Bio-informatics
Objective and Subjective
Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PGEE) Preparation Tips
Below here, we are providing certain strategies to help the aspirants getting good marks in the exam:
- Know your syllabus and the amount of time left for your exam. Manage this time efficiently so that you cover the whole syllabus and still save some time for revision and practice.
- Collect the study material only from reliable sources, strictly by your syllabus.
- Make short notes and flashcards while studying. It will help in future.
- Solve mock tests and solved papers as much as possible. This will not only help you in getting a better understanding of the exam pattern but also of your strength and weakness.
Candidates can refer to the following books for the preparation of IIITH PGEE 2021
- General Aptitude: RS Agarwal or GATE Book
- Discrete Mathematics: Johnsonbaugh or Rosen
- Digital Logic: Morris Mano or Floyd
- Computer Organization: Hamacher or Stallings
- Programming: C by Dennis Ritchie
- M.Morris Mano for Computer System Architecture
- Robert S Skiena for Algorithm Design and Analysis
IIITH PGEE 2021 Result
Candidates can check the IIITH PGEE Result from the IIIT Hyderabad official website. The IIITH PGEE 2021 Result will be declared tentatively in the second week of May 2021. For checking result, candidates have to log in using their Registration ID and Identification Code obtained at the time of IIITH PGEE registration. Candidates can follow the steps given below to check the IIITH PGEE 2021 Result:
- Step 1: Visit the IIIT Hyderabad official website.
- Step 2: Click on the tab displaying ‘IIITH PGEE Result 2021’.
- Step 3: Enter the Application Number and Identification Code in respective fields.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Next’ tab after entering credentials.
- Step 5: The IIITH PGEE 2021 Result will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Candidates are advised to print the same for future reference.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Selection Process
The selection process will start after the announcement of the result of PG Entrance Exam 2021. This result would be available at the official website of the institute and can be checked by entering the application number and identification code. The qualified candidates are then called for interview and final admission round. Shortlisted candidates can download their call letters. The declared result will be the final one and there is no provision for re-checking the answer sheets.
Important Note: All admissions to IIIT Hyderabad are handled directly through the portals on our website. We do NOT have any other companies or online portals representing us and providing indirect admission services. Any claim(s) by such companies is completely false.
IIITH PGEE 2021 Counselling Process
- The candidates qualified in IIITH PGEE 2021 should download the counselling letter. They must report to the Institute on the specified date and time with all the appropriate original documents and the attested Xerox copies for verification.
- The candidates must face and clear personal Interview to avail admission.
- They must pay the admission fee and complete admission formalities if selected in the interview.
- The official website of IIITH PGEE is https://www.iiit.ac.in/admissions/postgraduate/pgee/. The contact address of the Institute is
International Institute of Information Technology
Gachibowly, Hyderabad 500032
Andhra Pradesh INDIA
Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PGEE) Highlights
Below given are some vital information regarding IIITH PGEE 2021:
PG Entrance Examination Basic Details
Post Graduate Entrance Examination (PGEE)
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
Postgraduate (M.Tech/ MS/ Ph.D)
International Institute of Information Technology
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIITH) is a prestigious university, founded as a non-profit public-private partnership (N-PPP) in 1998, and is the first IIIT in India. Over the years, the institute has evolved strong research programmes in various areas, with an emphasis on technology and applied research for industry and society. This institute facilitates interdisciplinary research and a seamless flow of knowledge. Several world-renowned centres of excellence are part of IIITH’s research portfolio. It has established various collaboration and co-innovation models with an industry outreach spanning significant national and multinational companies. Its innovative curriculum allows students the flexibility of selecting their courses and projects. Apart from academics, the institute provides students with a comprehensive environment that promotes art and culture, sports, societal contributions and self-governance. Even undergraduate students get to participate in ongoing research and technology development - an opportunity unprecedented in India. As a result, a vibrant undergraduate programme co-exists along with a strong postgraduate programme.
For queries please contact us at:
IIIT Hyderabad, Gachibowli
Hyderabad - 500 032
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 (40) 6653 1250 and 6653 1337
Office timings: Monday to Saturday, from 10 AM to 5 PM.