Karnataka DCET 2020 has been postponed. Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test(DCET) is an entrance exam conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority(KAE). DCET 2020 is a state level entrance exam conducted once in a year to offer admissions in the Second Year Engineering Courses and for the first-year Architecture Course under Lateral Entry Scheme for both Day and Evening Engineering Colleges. Candidates must go through the given below article related to Karnataka DCET 2020 Application Form, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, syllabus and so on.
- Karnataka DCET 2020 is scheduled to be held on 07 October 2020 as per the revised date.
Karnataka DCET 2020 Admit Card
Karnataka Development Authority will release the DCET admit card in online mode.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
- Candidates have to enter their Application number and DOB to log into their account and download the DCET admit card.
- Hall Ticket contains all the vital information related to candidate and exam such as Name, Fathers name, Exam centre details, exam date and time, general instructions.
- All the candidates must bring the hard copy of the admit card along with valid id proof to the allotted exam centre.
Karnataka DCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the Karnataka DCET 2020 Exam Pattern in the given below table so that they have an idea about the exam structure:
|Exam Mode||Offline(Pen and Paper)|
|Duration||180 Minutes(3 Hours)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Marks||180 Marks|
- Applied Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Engineering (All Courses)
Correct Answer: One marks for each correct answer
Incorrect Answer: There is no negative marking
Subject wise marks distribution of the Paper in the given mentioned table:
Engineering (All Courses)
Karnataka DCET 2020 Syllabus
Applicants should check the given mentioned information of DCET 2020 Syllabus for better preparation:
Syllabus for Engineering Mathematics and Applied Science:
- Linear Algebra
- Introduction Calculus
- Coordinate geometry
- Application of Differentiation
- Integral Calculus
- Definite Integral
- Differential Equations
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Heat and Properties of Gases
- Wave Motion
- Modern Physics
- Industrial Chemistry
Computer Science and Engineering/Information Science and Engineering Syllabus:
- Digital and Fundamental Communication
- Operation Systems
- Programming with C
- Data structure using C
- Database Management System
- OOPs with JAVA
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computer Networks and Security
- Web Programming
Electronics and Communication Engineering Syllabus:
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Semiconductor Device
- Analog and Electronics
- Measurement and Instrumentation
- Industrial Automation
- Digital Economics
- Application of Electronics
- Analog of Communication
- Digital Communication
- Advanced Communication
- Data Communication and Networking
- ARM controller
- Embedded System
Karnataka DCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the Diploma CET Online Application 2020 on the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority. Check the all essential information regarding Karnataka DCET registration given below:
- Candidates can apply for DCET application form through the online mode on the official website.
- Candidates first need to register themselves and create their user ID and password.
- After that, candidates need to DCET 2020 login with their user ID and password and fill all the required details.
- Upload the scanned copy of recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates make their payment through offline mode.
- Candidates are advised to take the print out of DCET application form and fees receipt for future reference.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
Karnataka DCET Application Fees
Candidates need to check the category wise Karnataka DCET Application Fees 2020 in the given below table:
Karnataka DCET Registration Fees 2020
|General Category||Rs. 650/-|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates have pay application fees through offline mode by using Challan.
Karnataka DCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check their Karnataka DCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 before filling the application form. Given below are some points related to eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must possess the citizenship of India.
- Candidates must secure 45% passing marks in the qualifying exam (in case of SC/ST candidates need 40% passing marks).
- Candidates must pass any diploma examination or equivalent exam.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 2 years of work experience after the diploma as on 01 September 2020.
- For those who wish to apply for B.Arch must have a valid score of NATA.
Karnataka DCET 2020 Test Centre
Candidates must check the DCET Karnataka Test Centre 2020 list given below:
Karnataka DCET 2020 Answer Key
Given below are the all-important details of Karnataka DCET 2020 Answer key:
- Authority will release the answer key on the official website after the completion of an entrance examination.
- Candidates, parents or lecturer can fill the objection form to the Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority, Bangalore along with all documents or justification.
- Authority will not accept the Objections received from the candidates without justification.
- The final answer key will be used for the evaluation of the result.
Karnataka DCET 2020 Result
The merit list of diploma holders for Day and Evening College B.E/B.Tech Courses will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the final year examination or fifth and sixth semesters examination leading to diploma in the relevant branch of Engineering (Internal assessment marks will be considered for determination of merit in case of semester students, where internal assessment marks are counted for declaring the diploma result) and marks obtained in the Diploma CET 2020 taken in equal proportions.
Documents required at the time of Counselling
Candidates need to submit the following documents at the time document verification:
- Print out a copy of DCET 2020 Application Form
- Original copy of the challan
- DCET Admit card
- DCET Result 2020
- SSLC / 10th Standard / Equivalent Examination Marks Card
- Diploma or Equivalent Examination Marks Card of all the Years / Semesters
- Study Certificate countersigned by the concerned BEO / DDPI (Only for Karnataka Candidates)
- Two recent passport size Colour Photographs
Karnataka DCET 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check the Karnataka DCET 2020 entrance exam basic information form the given below table:
Karnataka DCET Highlights
|Exam||Karnataka DCET 2020|
|Full Name||Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority |
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Offer Admission ||2nd Year Engineering Courses and for first-year Architecture Course under Lateral Entry Scheme for both Day and Evening Engineering Colleges|
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test 2020 (DCET)
Karnataka DCET 2020 or Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test is an entrance exam which is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The common DCET 2020 exam is a gateway for admissions in Second year undergraduate engineering programmes and First year undergraduate architecture programmes provided under the lateral entry scheme. These courses are offered at both day and evening engineering colleges located in Karnataka. The exam conducted in offline format or pen-paper mode.