KEAM 2020 Admit Card has been released on the official website. Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) exam will be conducted on 16 July 2020. 2020 which is a State Level Examination organized by Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala run by the Government of Kerala. This exam is organized to offer admission in UG Engineering and Pharmacy courses. There are multiple courses offered by the State-run colleges in Kerala that comes under the KEAM 2020 Examination. Admission in MBBS, BDS, BSMS, BHMS, BUMS, Forestry, Agricultural, Fisheries and Veterinary courses will be provided based on NEET UG scores.
- KEAM 2020 Admit Card has been released on 07 July 2020.
- KEAM 2020 exam is scheduled to be held on 16 July 2020.
KEAM 2020 Important Dates
The schedule for KEAM 2020 is given in the table below.
|KEAM 2020||Important Dates|
|Notice out on||07 November 2019|
|Registration start date||01 February 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form|25 29 February 2020
|Last date to upload documents|29 Feb 2020 25 May 2020
|Last date for uploading of rectified documents/certificates.||31 May 2020|
|Uploading of EWS certificate|23 March – 08 April 2020
From 11 May 2020
|Issuance of admit card||07 July 2020|
|Dates of change in exam center||18 – 21 April 2020|
|KEAM 2020 exam date|20 – 21 Apr 2020
16 Jul 2020
|KEAM answer key||few days after the exam|
|Result Date of Engineering Entrance Examination|25 May 2020
to be announced
|Result for Engineering, Architecture, MBBS/BDS,|
Medical & Allied and Ayurveda Rank lists
20 Jun 2020
to be announced
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
is available on the official website
and applicant’s portal by the Second week of April 2020. Below mentioned guidelines must be followed by the applicants who will be appearing for the KEAM 2020 Examination:
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination centre without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
- Applicants must carry a government Photo ID proof (Pan card, Voter’s Id card, Driving license, Aadhaar card, Ration card)
- In original for cross-verification and a self-attested photocopy if mentioned.
- If a candidate finds any discrepancy in their admit card, get in touch with the officials immediately and get it rectified.
Admit card shall have details like:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Exam Date
- Exam Centre Name
- Exam Centre Address
- Reporting Time
KEAM 2020 Exam Pattern
KEAM 2020 Paper Pattern is mentioned below with information like mode of examination, duration of the exam, the language the exam is asked on, several questions asked, type of the questions, maximum marks, sections etc.
KEAM Paper Pattern 2020
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (2½ hours)-Paper 1
180 minutes (2½ hours)-Paper 2
Total 5 hours
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+4 for Correct & -1 for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Number of Papers
2, Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry)
Paper 2 (Mathematics)
Paper wise division of time and number of questions:
Number of Questions
KEAM 2020 Syllabus
KEAM 2020 Syllabus is mentioned below in detail which all the Candidates must go through:
- INTRODUCTION AND MEASUREMENT
- DESCRIPTION OF MOTION IN ONE DIMENSION
- DESCRIPTION OF MOTION IN TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS
- LAWS OF MOTION
- WORK, ENERGY AND POWER
- MOTION OF SYSTEM OF PARTICLES AND RIGID BODY ROTATION
- MECHANICS OF SOLIDS AND FLUIDS
- HEAT AND THERMODYNAMICS
- CURRENT ELECTRICITY
- MAGNETIC EFFECT OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM
- ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING CURRENT
- ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
- DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATIONS
- ATOMIC NUCLEUS
- SOLIDS AND SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES
- PRINCIPLES OF COMMUNICATIONS
- BASIC CONCEPTS AND ATOMIC STRUCTURE
- BONDING AND MOLECULAR STRUCTURE
- STATES OF MATTER
- PERIODIC PROPERTIES OF ELEMENTS AND HYDROGEN
- S-BLOCK ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF METALLURGY
- P-BLOCK ELEMENTS
- D-BLOCK AND F-BLOCK ELEMENTS
- CHEMICAL EQUILIBRIUM
- REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTROCHEMISTRY
- CHEMICAL KINETICS
- SURFACE CHEMISTRY
- COORDINATION COMPOUNDS AND ORGANOMETALLICS
- BASIC PRINCIPLES, PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
- ORGANIC REACTION MECHANISM
- ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WITH FUNCTIONAL GROUPS CONTAINING HALOGENS
- ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WITH FUNCTIONAL GROUPS CONTAINING OXYGEN
- ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WITH FUNCTIONAL GROUPS CONTAINING NITROGEN
- POLYMERS AND BIOMOLECULES
- ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY AND CHEMISTRY IN everyday LIFE
KEAM 2020 Preparation Tips
KEAM 2020 Preparation Tips are given below:
- Candidates are requested to go through the Syllabus first of all the things and before even starting their preparation. Manage the factors like time distribution, management of resources and various other important things.
- Make notes of everything.
- Daily revision is an important aspect as everyone tends to forget or the memory of what candidate studied becomes faded which needs to be polished time and again.
- Give time for recreation which is an important part as it helps to release stress time to time and it doesn’t pile up.
KEAM 2020 Application Form
KEAM 2020 Application Form
is available on the official website
from 01 February and can be filled till 29 February 2020. Further guidelines on how to fill up the application form are given below which should be strictly followed by the applicants to set a smooth sail towards the KEAM 2020 Examination:
- This is a one-time procedure. During the process, candidates will get a system generated Application Number.
- Candidates are requested to enter their password when demanded.
- Preferably a strong password is recommended. It ensures the candidates’ safe online activities.
- All the basic information, required by the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations are to be filled in at this step. Before filling the details, read the Prospectus carefully.
- The data provided here will be used for processing the application.
- Any mistake in filling this sheet or providing false/incomplete/wrong information will affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under any category.
- The candidate must fill all the items in the application.
- At this step, the candidate has to make the payment of application fee by way of Online Payment or by way of E-Challan.
Upload Images & Certificates
- A recent passport size photograph of the candidate and signature of the candidate, all in jpeg format of given specifications are to be uploaded.
- Besides all the certificates and documents in support of the various claims made in the applications should be uploaded.
- Nativity proof as stipulated in clause 6 and proof for date of birth is mandatory.
KEAM 2020 Application Fee
KEAM 2020 Registration Fee category and gender-wise are mentioned below according to which Candidates will have to pay their application fee:
KEAM 2020 Enrollment Fee
Engineering only/BPharma only/Both
Architecture only/Medical & Allied only/Both
Both A & B
* Candidates choosing 'Dubai' as Examination Centre will have to remit an additional fee of Rs. 12,000/- by way of online payment. The additional fee can also be remitted by way of E-challan, in the designated post offices in Kerala, if payment is made inside India.
Mode of Payment: Two modes of fee payment are available which can be availed by the Candidates:
- Online: The fee may be paid by Credit card/Debit card/Internet Banking.
- In case of payment through E-challan, the payment can be made in one of the Head /Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash. The E-challan generated from the website after online submission of the application should be handed over to the post office.
How to Login?
Candidates need to login on the KEAM login portal to check the details like application form, admit card, result etc
STEPS TO LOGIN:
STEP 1- Go on the official website.
STEP 2- Candidates need to log in using their application number and password.
STEP 3- Click on the ‘sign in’ button to submit the login details after which your dashboard will appear on the screen.
KEAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must be aware of the KEAM 2020 Eligibility before they apply for the exam. If any candidate is found ineligible his/her candidature will be cancelled. The eligibility criteria of Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Examination 2020 is given below:
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission to Professional courses unless otherwise notified. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission.
- However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates seeking admission to Professional courses will be categorised as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
Keralite: A candidate of Kerala origin will be categorised as a ‘Keralite’. Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’ as per G.O. (Rt) No. 822/08/H. End. dated 29/05/2008. But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category I (NK I): A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfils anyone of the following conditions will be categorised as 'Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I).
- A candidate who has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of NonKeralite parents belong to Government of India/Defence Service posted to Kerala.
- A candidate who has undergone a qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who is serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
- A candidate who is not of Kerala Origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for 5(five) years within 12(twelve) years of his/her study.
- A candidate who is not of Kerala Origin but who has undergone his/her school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
- Non-Keralite Category I candidates will be considered against ‘State Merit’ seats for Engineering/Architecture/B.Pharm/Medical & Allied courses. But they will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
- Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]: Candidates who do not come under ‘Keralite’ or 'NonKeralite Category I' will be categorised as ‘Non-Keralite Category II'. Such candidates are eligible for admission to Government seats and Management quota seats in Engineering/courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges.
Medical & Allied Courses: Medical courses consist of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS and BUMS courses and Allied courses consist of BSc(Hons)Agriculture, BSc(Hons) Forestry, BVSc. & AH and BFSc. courses.
- For MBBS, BDS, BSMS: Candidates who have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in the Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology/Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology put together, are eligible. In the absence of Biology, Biotechnology will be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- For admission to BAMS/ BHMS courses: Candidates who have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- For admission to BUMS course: Candidates seeking admission to main Kamil-E-Tib-WaJarahat (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery-BUMS) course must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 50% marks in Biology separately and the candidate should have passed (a) 10th standard with Urdu or Arabic or Persian language as a subject or clear the test of Urdu in the Entrance Examination conducted by the University or Board or Registered Society authorized by the Government to conduct such examination: or (b) pre-Tib examination of one-year duration.
- For admission to BSc(Hons.)Agri., BSc(Hons) Forestry, BFSc courses: Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- For admission to BVSc. & AH Course: Candidates should have secured not less than 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have passed the BSc Degree (Three-year course) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biotechnology as Main, and anyone or two of the above subjects as Subsidiaries, with 50% marks for Main & Subsidiaries taken together, subject to the condition that they have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or examinations recognized as equivalent thereto with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and BSMS courses.
Engineering courses: [Including B.Tech (Agri. Engg.) and B.Tech (Food Engg. & Tech) courses under the Kerala Agricultural University, B.Tech (Dairy Technology) and B.Tech (Food Technology) courses under Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University and B.Tech (Food Technology) course under Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies].
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission. However, candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50 % marks in Mathematics/Biology separately, and 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology put together are eligible for admission to the seats reserved for Dairy Farm Instructors of Dairy Development Department for B.Tech. (Dairy Technology). However, the candidates admitted to the course have to take a make-up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
Minimum academic eligibility for admission to BArch:
- 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with Mathematics as a subject of study by securing 50% marks in aggregate.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Governments with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as one of the subjects of the examination.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
Only those candidates who score the minimum eligibility marks as per the Information Brochure of National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2019 will be considered for admission to BArch course.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology/Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics put together are eligible.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 3First December 2020.
- No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture and B.Pharm Courses.
- For Medical and Allied courses, the upper age limit will be as per the Information Bulletin of NEET(UG)-2019.
KEAM 2020 Answer Key
CEE will release the KEAM 2020 Answer Key just after the commencement of the entrance exam. Candidate can calculate the approximate marks secured in the entrance exam. CEE will also provide the facility to challenge the answer key. Candidate can solve the question and can send it to the authority.
KEAM 2020 Result
KEAM 2020 Result
would be announced by the Third week of May 2020 online
on the official website of KEAM.
- The admission criteria would include 50:50 i.e. 50% would be the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and 50% of the marks scored in KEAM 2020 Examination.
- Candidates will get seats based on the normalized merit and they must download the scorecard/merit list for further proceedings.
KEAM 2020 Tie-breaking Rule
Candidates can check below tie-breaking rule which will be applied when two or more than two candidates will have the same marks:
- First, Maths marks will be considered in KEAM 2020
- If the tie will still persist then the Physics & Chemistry marks will be given importance.
- If there is still a tie, the candidate with higher standardized marks in Mathematics of the final year of the qualifying examination will be placed higher in the ranking.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate with higher standardized marks in Physics of the final year of the qualifying examination will be placed higher in the ranking
- If there is still a tie, the age of the candidate is taken and the older is placed higher in the ranking.
- Candidate with higher rank in NATA will be ranked higher.
- If there is a tie even then, marks of math in the qualifying exam is taken.
- However, if there is still a tie then the older candidate is placed higher in the ranking.
Ayurveda: Higher rank in NEET UG 2020
KEAM 2020 Counselling
KEAM 2020 Counselling
will commence as soon as the results are announced mostly by the Fourth week of June 2020
. Candidates are requested to bring the below-mentioned set of Documents when they appear for the Counselling failing to which their candidature might get cancelled.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Certificates
Courses Offered by KEAM 2020
The courses offered are listed below which are given to the applicants through KEAM 2020 Examination:
- Bachelor of Technology
- BTech (Agricultural Engineering) [BTech (Agri. Engg.)]
- BTech (Food Engineering & Technology) [BTech (Food Engg. & Tech)]
- BTech (Dairy Technology)
- BTech (Food Technology) [BTech (Food Tech)]
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
Agriculture & Forestry Courses:
- Bachelor of Science-Agriculture [BSc(Hons.) Agri.]
- Bachelor of Science-Forestry [BSc(Hons.) Forestry]
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH)
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
KEAM 2020 Exam Cities
KEAM 2020 shall be held in the following cities:
- Selected districts in Kerala
- New Delhi
- Dubai (UAE)
KEAM 2020 Highlights
Check the below-given data to know more about KEAM Examination 2020:
Commissioner of Entrance Exam
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses
KEAM 2020 Official website
To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses
Stay connected for more updated regarding KEAM 2020.