Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 will be conducted in October 2021 tentatively by the Department of Technical Education, Kerala. All the candidates will get admission on the basis of 10th & 12th board exam into various Government and Private Polytechnic institutions. No separate entrance test will be conducted by the authority to offer admission into Diploma programmes in various Polytechnic Colleges in Kerala state. There are various colleges which are offering above mentioned courses like Central Polytechnic College, Thiruvananthapuram, Women’s Polytechnic College, Kaimanom, Govt. Polytechnic College, Neyyattinkara etc. There will be two streams of diploma programmes:
- Stream 1: Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
- Stream 2: Diploma in Commercial Practice and Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management.
Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 Dates
All the candidates can check the important dates and events regarding the Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 in the below table:
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Schedule
|Kerala Polytechnic 2021||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Submission of Application Form||08 October 2021|
|Last Date of Online Submission||19 October 2021|
|Publication of Provisional Rank list & Trial Allotment||22 October 2021|
|Last date for Appeal & Revised Options and correction of Application||24 October 2021|
|Final Rank List & First allotment list||28 October 2021|
|Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on allotment list||02 November 2021|
|Second allotment||05 November 2021|
|Commencement of First-semester class & Induction|
|06 November 2021|
|Last date of reporting/ joining based on 2nd allotment||10 November 2021|
|Third allotment||13 November 2021|
|Last date of reporting/ joining based on 3rd allotment||19 November 2021|
|First Spot Admission||23 – 26 November 2021|
|Second Spot admission (if any)||30 November to 03 December 2021|
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Application Form
The candidates will be required to submit their Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Application form online through the official website (www.polyadmission.org). Check the guidelines about Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Registration:
- The application form will be available on 8 October 2021(Tentative) and the last date to apply for the same will be on 19 October 2021(Tentative).
- Candidates need to submit a separate application by remitting the fee in each case for the following categories.
- Application for regular seats in Government/ Government Aided Programmes/ Government seats in Self Financing Programmes/ Special batch of Hearing Impaired (HI).
- Application for the management seats under Aided programmes to be submitted at respective Polytechnics.
- Applications under NCC quota.
- Applications under Sports quota.
- Candidates seeking admission to the management seats in Self Financing Programmes should submit separate applications to the respective Institutions in the format insisted by the institutions.
Documents required to be submitted along with the Application Form is given below:
Documents Required for Kerala Polytechnic Registration
|Sl.No.||Purpose||Nature of the Certificate Required|
|1||To prove the date of birth ||Self-attested copy of the relevant page of the SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent examination.|
|2||To prove the Qualification ||Self-attested copy of the mark list of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent certificate. |
|3||To claim reservation Under VHSE category||Self-attested copy of the mark list of VHSE |
|4||To claim reservation under ITI/KGCE category ||Self-attested copy of the mark list /certificate of ITI/KGCE |
|5||To claim bonus point in the case of Backward districts Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasargod |
Self-attested copy of the Nativity/Domicile certificate from Village Officer
Self-attested copy of Certificate from the Head of the institution where the candidate had undergone his/her study from VIII std. to X std. and appeared for the qualifying examination in the prescribed format.
It is mandatory to submit the required documents along with the application form otherwise candidate's application will be rejected.
Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through offline mode only. Kerala Polytechnic 2021 application fee should be remitted along with the hard copy of the online submitted application form at the Polytechnic College. Check the fee structure as per the categories is given below:
Application Fee for Kerala Polytechnic Admission
|General/UR candidates||Rs. 150/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 75/-|
Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum educational qualifications of the candidates who have applied for Kerala Polytechnic 2021 are listed below.
- The candidate should have passed the SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies.
- Those Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, English and Science subjects are eligible to apply for both streams I and stream II.
- Those Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible to apply for stream II.
- The candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission.
- For CBSE/ICSE/Open school, candidates must have obtained Marks/Grades in Science is considered for calculating grade in science in the place of Physics and Chemistry. In the case of CBSE candidates, only the certificates of Board examination will be accepted as qualifying certificate and such candidates shall submit an undertaking as shown in Annexure XVII at the time of admission and a copy of the same shall be submitted along with the application. This undertaking need only be submitted by those candidates who have passed CBSE Xth during the period 2011-2018.
Other than the educational qualifications, there is another eligibility criterion i.e the nationality. The Applications of only those candidates will be accepted whose nationality is Indian.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Rank List
The Rank list of centralised allotment shall be prepared and published on the Website.
- The rank list of Stream I programmes will be prepared based on the Index Score for Stream I calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
- The rank list of Stream II programmes will be prepared on the basis of the Index Score for Stream 2 calculated and the allotment will be done strictly on the basis of the rank list for these programmes.
- The provisional rank list prepared by the State Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Kalamassery (SITTTR) will be published on the date specified.
- Candidates are advised to verify the Provisional Rank lists and satisfy themselves regarding their position, such as inclusion under different categories, eligibility for community/special reservation, option details submitted, etc.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Inter-Se-Merit
Resolution of Tie while ranking:
- The candidate with higher WGPA1 in the stream concerned will be placed higher.
- If a tie still persists the candidates with higher Average Grade Point (AGP) in Mathematics will be placed higher in the ranking.
- In case, tie exists further, a higher Average Grade Point (AGP) in Physics will get priority.
- If the tie exists further, a higher Average Grade Point (AGP) in English will get priority.
- If there is still a tie, the age of the candidate will be taken into account and the older will be placed higher in the ranking.
- Candidates with higher Average Grade Point (AGP) in Mathematics will be placed higher in the ranking.
- If the tie exists further, a higher Average Grade Point (AGP) in English will get priority.
- If there is still a tie, the age of the candidate will be taken into account and the elder will be placed higher than the younger in the rank list.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Selection procedure
Candidates who will get selected for admission in the allotment in any of the Govt./Govt. Aided/ Self Financing(Govt. Quota) have to take a printout of the allotment letter from the website. The selection procedure of Kerala Polytechnic 2021 is mentioned below.
- The candidate who got selected for admission in Kerala Polytechnic should report to the allotted Government/ Government Aided/Self-financing (Govt. Quota) Polytechnic College with allotment letter, required fees and all the original documents. It comprises of all the original documents including qualification, fees concession, and reservations, transfer and conduct certificate. The candidate should submit the documents at the institution, get admitted and receive the admission slip and receipt for documents after proper selected by the College authorities.
- Candidates are advised to strictly adhere to the date and time of his/her reporting. No extension of time for reporting to the college will be granted under any circumstance. A candidate who does not turn up for reporting as per allotment, at any of Govt./Aided/Self-financing Polytechnic College and time notified, will forfeit his/her chance for admission.
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Reservation
Following are the reservation for all the groups:
|Categories||Reservation percentage |
|Persons with Disabilities||5%|
|ITI/ KGCE Certificate holders||5%|
|Other backward Christians||1%|
|Other backward Hindus||3%|
|Latin Catholics and Anglo Indian||3%|
|Dheevara and related communities||2%|
|Vishwakarma & related communities||2%|
|Kusavan and related communities||1%|
Special reservation seats are available in other Polytechnic Colleges and those categories are:
- Reservation for Nominees
- Nominees from Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands [AN]
- Nominees from Lakshadweep [LD]
- Nominees from Jammu & Kashmir [JK]
- Children of Ex-Servicemen [XS]
- Sports Quota [SP]
- NCC Quota [CC]
- Orphan Quota [OR]
- Special Batch for Hearing Impaired Candidates
- Persons with Disabilities (under PWD Scheme)
- Dependant of Defense personnel, Killed/ Missing/ Disabled in action [DK]
- Children of Serving Defense Personnel [SD]
- Children of CRPF Personnel [CP]
- Anglo Indian Community [AI]
- Certificate holders in Textile Technology [TX]
- Nominees of the Motor Vehicle Department [MD]
Kerala Polytechnic 2021 Highlights
|Admission Name||Kerala Polytechnic Admission 2021 |
|Conducting body||Department of Technical Education, Kerala|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Level ||State level|
Department of Technical Education, Kerala
The DTE(Department of Technical Education) is a higher education body department under the government of Kerala, India. It is run by the Minister of Education. The department guides the government on matters dealing with higher education. It oversees the working and activities of 49 polytechnic colleges, 9 government engineering colleges, three colleges of fine arts, 39 technical high schools, 3 aided engineering colleges, 42 tailoring & garment making training centres, 17 government commercial institutes and four vocational training centres.