RIE CEE 2021 is the Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Examination conducted by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has been cancelled due to COVID-19 rising cases. RIE CEE 2021 entrance exam is a national-level exam that is conducted once a year. This exam offers seats in Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, and Mysore. The candidates must go through the complete article to know more about RIE CEE 2021 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Result, Counselling, etc.
RIE CEE 2021 Exam Status
- RIE CEE 2021 has been cancelled.
RIE CEE 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates for the RIE CEE Entrance exam released by the authority from the table given below:
RIE CEE Important Dates
|RIE CEE 2020||Important Dates |
RIE CEE 2021 Registration starts
|20 May 2021|
RIE CEE 2021 Registration ends
|30 May 2021|
RIE CEE 2021 Admit Card download
|10 July 2021|
|RIE CEE 2021 Exam date||18 July 2021|
|RIE CEE 2021 Submission of Qualifying marks for B.Sc, B.Ed/ B.A B.Ed/ M.Sc.Ed||25 July 2021|
|RIE CEE 2021 Submission of Qualifying marks for B.Ed B.D M.Ed / M.Ed Ed||30 July 2021|
|RIE CEE 2021 Result declaration for B.Sc, B.Ed/ B.A B.Ed/ M.Sc.Ed||01 August 2021|
|RIE CEE 2021 Result declaration B.Ed./M.Ed. program||05 August 2021|
RIE CEE 2021 Results
The RIE CEE result 2021
will be declared on the official site of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
Given below are some important points regarding the CEE Hall ticket:
- Candidates can log in by entering their RIE CEE user ID and password.
- The Results will be announced in the form of a Rank Card.
- NCERT will announce the RIE CEE 2021 cut-off score/rank after the announcement of the result.
- Separate cut-off lists for each course will be released by each participating college of NCERT.
RIE CEE 2021 Selection Process
The selection process for various courses is as follows:
- 60% weightage is given to RIE CEE marks and 40% weightage is to Qualifying Examination.
- TIE cases are resolved based on scores in teaching Aptitude Test and further TIE is resolved from Age
- Merit List is considered up to two digits after decimal with rounding off.
- RIEs provide One seat for each course over and above their regular quota for NTSE awardees.
- Further admissions depend on the Seat Matrix.
RIE CEE 2021 Counseling
Counseling for RIE CEE 2021 will starts shortly after the Results declaration. Qualified candidates will be called for the Counseling process. All the information regarding Counselling will be made available on the official website. Those candidates are allotted seats in their respective courses through Counseling. Selected Candidates are advised to go for the Counseling session on the specified date with all the required documents and certificates for proper verification. Candidates who fail to appear in Counseling will not be able to continue for the admission process.
RIE CEE 2021 Seat Reservation
Following is the Seat reservation criteria for RIE CEE 2021 depending on the candidate category:
Note: Candidates under reservation quota have to submit a Category Certificate notified by the Government of India.
RIE CEE 2021 Application Form
Candidates can check all the relevant information regarding the RIE CEE 2021 Application Form.
Before filling the application form aspirants can go through the eligibility criteria first. The relevant information regarding the form is given below:
- The RIE CEE 2021 application form will be released on 20 May 2021.
- The form will be available in online mode on the official website.
- Firstly candidates have to register themselves.
- After that, candidates have to create a login ID by using the user name or email id and password that the official website sends to the candidate's mobile number.
- Then login will RIE CEE login ID.
- Must be careful while filling the application form.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Make payment through online mode for completion of the application process.
- The applicant has to make sure that the application process is complete from their site because an incomplete form leads to rejection.
RIE CEE Application Fees 2021
Application fees for RIE CEE 2021 are mentioned in the given below table:
RIE CEE 2021 Application fee
|General/OBC Category||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 500/-|
|A person with a Disability (PwD) of any category||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make payment through online mode or offline mode.
- For online mode: Application fee can be paid through credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- For offline mode: Cash can be through SBI Challan (to be printed online at State Bank Collect).
RIE CEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants seeking admission to Physical Science Group must have passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) (Mathematics includes Mathematics or Statistics) and those seeking admission to Biological Science Group (CBZ) must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) (Biology includes Biology or Biotechnology) at +2 level.
- Applicant must have passed +2 / Hr. Sec./ Sr. Sec. or any equivalent examination recognized by University/ Board with at least 60% marks in aggregate of subjects of a combination of the group they are applying for (55% marks for SC/ ST/PH candidates). The examination should be recognized by the affiliated universities of the RIEs.
- Applicants who have passed the qualifying examination up to two years back i.e., 2018, 2019, and appearing/ appeared in 2020 can apply.
RIE CEE 2021 Exam Pattern
Knowing the RIE CEE Exam Pattern 2021
is a vital part of writing any entrance test, as Candidates can make up a strategy on how to take the exam, how to divide their time to obtain maximum results, and prepare themselves mentally.
RIE CEE 2021 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Online(Computer Based Test)|
|Duration||120 Minutes(2 Hours)|
|Number of Questions||80|
Correct answer: +2 Marks
Wrong answer: -0.5 Marks
unattended will carry no marks
|Level of Exam|
Group A: Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary Education
Group B: Completing Graduation
Section-wise questions and marks distribution is mentioned below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Language Proficiency (English)||20 Questions||40 Marks|
|Teaching Aptitude/Attitude||30 Questions||40 Marks|
|Reasoning Ability||30 Questions||60 Marks|
|Total||80 Questions||140 Marks|
Applicants can keep visiting this page for the latest update as notified by the NCERT.
RIE CEE 2021 Syllabus
- Language Proficiency includes topics such as comprehension, sentence rearrangement, selecting suitable words for the blanks, finding errors in parts of the words for the incomplete sentences, sequencing, synonyms, antonyms, idioms, prepositions, tenses, articles.
- Teaching Aptitude includes questions from fields like education, children and teaching profession, interest in teaching, leadership qualities & group management, emotional & social adjustment, interpersonal skills, and general awareness of contemporary issues about school education.
- Reasoning Ability includes questions like verbal non-verbal reasoning, missing numbers, number series, letter series, theme finding, jumbled sentences, the odd one out, arranging the statements in a sequential form, statement, and conclusions, syllogism, logical problems, establishing relationships.
RIE CEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates have to check the preparation tips for RIE Common Entrance Exam 2021 for better preparation:
- Candidates should be able to manage their time wisely to not get exhausted during their study time. A proper schedule should be made and followed.
- Since the Exam has negative marking, the Candidates should appear for the examination with a clear mind and should be sure about the answers he/she marks.
- If not sure about the answers, it would be advisable for the candidate to leave the space empty and not mark any wrong answers.
- While studying, Candidates should take enough breaks to make sure that their mind is calm and composed.
RIE CEE 2021 Admit Card
- Candidates can download Admit Card from the RIE CEE 2021 official website.
- Aspirants must show the Admit Card on-demand for entry to the Examination Hall. Aspirants not possessing print out of the downloaded admit card and valid photo identity shall not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- The seat will be randomly allotted to the applicant on completing the procedure.
- If any candidates are found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination Hall will be debarred from appearing in the examination.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to the cancellation of the applicant.
- Without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, No candidate will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination is over.
RIE CEE 2021 Exam Centers List
Candidate can choose any city as Exam Center from the below list for RIE CEE 2021:
Exam Center City
State/ UT name
Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim
|Guwahati||Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Assam|
|Chandigarh||Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh|
|Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Ahmedabad||Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Havel|
|Port Blair||Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
RIE CEE 2021 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the RIE exam:
Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Examination (RIE CEE 2021)
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
UG and PG
NCERT CEE Official website
To offer admission in UG and PG program for candidates
Stay connected for the Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Examination[RIE CEE] conducted by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
RIE CEE 2021 Important Links
Candidates can check all the essential links regarding RIE CEE 2021 from this page.
Click here for RIE CEE 2021 Information brochure
National Council of Educational Research and Training
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is set up by the Government of India in 1961 as an autonomous organization to assist and advise the Governments on policies and programs for qualitative improvement in school education. The major objectives of NCERT are to undertake researches in areas related to school education; prepare and publish textbooks, develop and disseminate innovative educational methods and practices; work with NGOs and other educational institutions; act as a clearinghouse for purposes and information in matters related to school education, and act as a nodal means for achieving the goals of Universalisation of Elementary Education. The NCERT also interacts with international organizations, visits foreign delegations, and offers training facilities to educational personnel from various countries.