RMAT 2021 online registration has started on 18 January 2021. RMAT has been conducted on 23 January 2021 by the All India Management Association(AIMA). This program aims to train the working managers and budding faculty who incline to teaching, academics, and research. The RMAT 2021 program is fruitful for working managers who cannot pursue regular Ph.D. from Universities and other Institutes which offer full-time Ph.D. programs because of the limitation of time and location. This program helps in developing the skills and competencies of candidates who know management studies. The candidates willing to appear in the RMAT entrance exam can go through the complete article to know all about RMAT 2021 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Exam Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, and Counselling.
- RMAT 2021 was held online on 23 January 2021.
RMAT 2021 Important Date
Candidate can check the important date for Research Management Aptitude Test 2021 from the given table
RMAT 2021 Important Date
|Application Start||18 January 2021|
|Last Date for Online Registration ||20 January 2021|
|Last Date for receipt of filled-in Online Registration Form at AIMA, 15, Link Road, Lajpat Nagar Part-III, New Delhi -110024||04 January 2021|
|Admit card||18 January 2021|
|RMAT 2021||23 January 2021 |
|Result||To be announced|
RMAT 2021 Application Form
The candidate must be aware of all the details about the application form so that they can easily fill the application form without any mistake and also submit their form timely. The candidate can apply for the online application form by visiting the official website.
- The candidate firstly needs to register themselves for which they will be required to enter their name, contact number, email ID etc. after which the candidates will get their login credential (login ID and password).
- After the candidates have completed the registration process they can log in again using their user id and password.
- Next candidates will have to enter their personal, academic and education details while filling the application form.
- The candidates will also be required to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature while filling the form.
- The candidates are then supposed to submit the application fee and send the printout of the Online Application Form along with testimonials to the below-mentioned address* before the last date.
The Application fee for RMAT 2021 is Rs. 1500/- and can be submitted by two methods:
Candidates can opt the online gateway payment for submission of application fees via credit card/ net banking/ debit card.
Candidates can also send a Demand Draft in the favour of "All India Management Association" payable at New Delhi from any bank. The details of the DD are to be mentioned in the online application form.
The following steps must be considered before sending the demand draft
- DD must be made in favor of " All India Management Association", Payable at New Delhi of INR 1500/-
- Signature of the issuing authority on the demand draft.
- The candidates have to send a printout of the Application Form, completed carefully along with testimonials and Demand Draft to the following address before the last date :
All India Management Association
15, Link Road, Lajpat Nagar, Part-III,
RMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria for the exam before they start filling the application form. The details about RMAT eligibility criteria 2021 are given below:
- The candidate must have completed their Master’s in Management or allied subjects such as Humanities, Engineering, Commerce, Science, Law etc.
- Applicant must have completed PGDITM/ PGDM which has been approved by AICTE with a minimum percentage of marks being 55% or equivalent grade.
- Cost Accountancy, Chartered Accountancy or any other professional course which is equivalent to Master’s in Management (2 years duration) with a minimum percentage of marks being 55% or equivalent grade.
- Also, the candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their graduation.
- The candidate must be a full-time employee having a work experience of at least five years (after their post-graduation) at Managerial level in any Government/Industry/ NGO/ Ministry/ Military/ Defense organization
- The candidates who are a full-time faculty at any Management Institute which has been approved by AICTE or is affiliated to any University with a minimum work experience of at least 5 years after having completed their post-graduation will also be eligible to appear in the exam.
- The candidate who is not able to continue with their job due to any reasons during the programme needs to take permission from the Research Committee for continuing the programme further.
Note: The candidates must be working full time during the entire duration of the PhD programme.
RMAT 2021 Admit Card
Admit card is an important document which candidates must keep safe until the admission procedure is over. Without an admit card no candidate will be allowed to sit for the RAMT 2021. The Admit card for RMAT 2021 can be downloaded by the eligible candidates who have successfully submitted their admit cards.
The steps to download the Admit card for RMAT 2021 are:
- Step 1: Candidates need to download their admit card on the due date from the official website containing the details of the centre/venue, and the details filled by the candidates in the application form such as name, roll no, Gender, Category etc.
- Step 2: Take a print-out of the admit card/hall ticket. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the venue without a valid admit card and valid ID proof.
Note: The admit card for RMAT 2021 will not be sent by post or email. candidates are requested to regularly check the AIMA website for updates around the due date.
RMAT 2021 Exam Centres
Given below the list of exam centres for Research Management Aptitude Test 2021.
- Mumbai followed by an Interview at AIMA New Delhi for RMAT shortlisted candidates.
RMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates can go through this section to know about the details of RMAT exam pattern 2021 given in this section hereby:
Exam Pattern for Research Management Aptitude Test 2021
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ type)|
|Marking Scheme||NO negative marking for wrong answers|
RMAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates must have all the information about the syllabus that needs to be covered for the examination. Having proper information about the syllabus helps candidates in scoring better. The syllabus prescribed by AIMA for AIMA-AMU Ph.D. The program is divided into two sections Part A and Part B.
Part A – Basics of Management
- Functions of managers in business organizations
- Managerial skills and levels
- Meaning Power and authority
- Functions of human resource managers
- Fundamentals of human resource management- recruitment, selection, training and appraisal
- Functions of marketing managers
- Concepts and components of the marketing mix
- Functions of finance managers
- Indian financial systems
- Basic accounting concepts
- Balance sheet and its components
- Globalization of business
- Functions of operations managers
- Statistical quality control techniques
- Inventory costs and simple models
- Elements of the business environment.
Part B – Research Fundamentals and Aptitude
- Decisional and research problems
- Steps in research
- primary and secondary data
- Types and properties of the four types of scales used for data collection
- Population and sample
- Types of sampling methods
- Methods of data collection
- Data interpretation
- Types of variables
- Logical reasoning
- Research and teaching aptitude
- Research ethics
- Overview of higher education system in India.
RMAT 2021 Preparation Tips
RMAT Preparation Tips are mentioned below for all the aspirants;
- The candidate must go through the examination syllabus.
- Applicant must look up for practice sets and previous years question papers to get hold of a pattern if there is any.
- All the exams have important and frequently asked topics, learn those properly.
- It is advisable to start preparing for any examination at least 6 months beforehand.
- Candidate must follow proper sleep schedules as it helps to focus and concentrate for long study hours.
- Having some sort of recreational activity is a must.
RMAT 2021 Result
RMAT Result 2021 will be declared online on the official website of All India Management Association (AIMA) and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). Candidates are requested to follow up their results online and download their scorecards as it will be used for future references in counselling and admission. Candidates can download their result by entering their application number and password.
RMAT 2021 Counselling
RMAT Counselling 2021 will start after the result declaration and candidate are requested to bring all the important documents that must be mentioned in the mail they will receive from the official authorities regarding their admission.
- Failure to bring the required documents will result in the cancellation of candidature or case of mismatch of the credentials of the candidates, the same will be the consequences.
RMAT 2021 Highlights
Given below the major points of RMAT 2021.
|Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT 2021)|
|Exam conducted jointly by All India Management Association (AIMA) and Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)|
To offer admission in Ph.D. Programs in Management field
Stay connected for more updates about RMAT 2021 at All India Management Association.
About All India Management Association (AIMA)
The All India Management Association (AIMA) is the apex body for management in India with over 37000 members and close to 6000 corporate /institutional members through 68 Local Management Associations affiliated to it. AIMA has formed over 60 years ago and is a non-lobbying, not for profit organisation, working closely with industry, government, academia and students, to further the cause of the management profession in India. AIMA makes a salutary contribution to management learning and practice in the country by offering various services in the areas of testing, distance education, skill development & training, events & conferences, research, publications, executive education and management development programmes.