SAT 2022 or Scholastic Aptitude Test Registration has ended for 2022 session. SAT exam is held widely for college (UG) admissions in the United States of America. It is also known as the Scholastic Assessment Test, SAT I: Reasoning Test. This exam is owned, developed and published by College Board, a private, non-profit organisation in the USA. It is administered by ETS ( Educational Testing Service) on behalf of the College Board. SAT 2022 is a Paper-based test and is held 07 times annually (in August, October, November, December, March, May, and June) in the US and 04 times ( in October, December, March and May) in other countries. Read the whole article below to know more about College Board SAT 2022 like Registration, Syllabus, Exam Scheme, etc.
- SAT 2022 Application process has ended and the last date to fill the online application form is 11 February 2022 International. Candidates can apply here--- Apply Now.
- SAT 2022 is going to be held on 12 March 2022 for International.
SAT 2022 Important Dates
Applicants can check below table to know about test and registration dates for SAT 2022:
SAT 2022 Registration process has been discussed below in the points. Applicants must keep in mind a few vital points while registering:
- The candidates must register themselves online on the official web portal.
- Applicants need to create an account to apply for SAT 2022.
- The details to be filled must be authentic and complete in order to avoid rejection.
- Applicants must fill the form on or before the last date.
- While creating an account they will have to enter Username and Password which should be kept safely as to be used further like to print SAT Admission Ticket, etc.
SAT 2022 Registration Fees
Those who are seeking to apply for SAT 2022 can check the below table for fees which are to be paid:
International SAT Registration Fees 2022
|SAT with Essay||$68 |
|Each SAT Subject Test(Except Language Tests with Listening)||$22|
|Language Tests with Listening (Upcoming administrations: November 2019 and May 2022)||$26|
|Registration by Phone||$15|
|Test Centre fee||$24|
Payment Modes - The fees can be via any of the following methods:
- Credit card: American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, and JCB.
- PayPal: Note that payment through PayPal is not available in Ghana.
- Check or money order: Payable to "The College Board." Checks must be drawn on U.S. banks. Any checks drawn on non-U.S. banks will be returned.
- Other: Bank draft.
- Cash will not be accepted.
SAT 2022 Exam Pattern
SAT 2022 Exam Pattern can be checked thoroughly hereby;
- Mode of Exam - SAT is an offline test i.e. paper-pencil test
- Duration - 03 hours while the SAT with Essay is 3 hours 50 minutes long
- Sections - Reading test, Writing and Language test, Mathematics test without a calculator, and Mathematics test with a calculator
- Essay component is optional and its result is evaluated separately. It is required by some colleges.
- Score scale ranges between 400 - 1600.
- Negative Marking - There is no penalty for giving wrong answers.
SAT Inside the Test 2022
|Sections||Number of Questions||Duration||Type of Questions|
|Reading||52 questions||65 minutes||All questions are multiple-choice and based on reading passages. Tables, graphs, and charts may accompany some passages. |
Writing and Language Test
|44 questions||35 minutes||The test taker will be asked to read the passages, suggest corrections or improvements for the contents underlined. |
|Mathematics||58 (45 MCQ and 13 grid-in questions)||80 minutes||This section is divided into two - Calculator and No Calculator|
|SAT Essay (Optional)||1 question||50 minutes||--------|
SAT 2022 Score
The candidates can view their SAT score via a login using their Username and Password to SAT account on the official website. An email will be sent when the scores will be ready.
- The score report is received approximately two to three weeks after test administration.
- The report will have the total score (the sum of the two section scores, with each section graded on a scale of 200–800) and three subscores (in reading, writing, and analysis, each on a scale of 2–8) for the optional essay.
- Students may also receive various score verification services, including (for select test administrations) the Question and Answer Service, which provides the test questions, the student's answers, the correct answers, and the type and difficulty of each question. But for this, they need to deposit an additional fee.
- The examinees also receive two percentile scores, which is defined as the percentage of students in a comparison group with equal or lower test scores. One of the percentiles called the "Nationally Representative Sample Percentile".
SAT 2022 Score Structure
|SAT Score Reported||Details||Score Range|
|Total score||Sum of the two section scores.||400–1600|
|Section scores (2)||Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, and Math.||200–800|
|Test scores (3)||Reading, Writing and Language, and Math.||10–40|
SAT Essay scores (3)
The SAT Essay is optional.
|Reading, Analysis, and Writing.||2–8|
|Cross-test scores (2)|
Analysis in History/Social Studies and Analysis in Science. Based on selected questions in the Reading, Writing and Language, and Math Tests.
- Reading and Writing and Language: Command of Evidence and Words in Context.
- Maths: Heart of Algebra, Problem Solving and Data Analysis, and Passport to Advanced Math.
- Writing and Language: Expression of Ideas and Standard English Conventions.
SAT 2022 Highlights
Applicants can check below in the table a few important short details about Scholastic Assessment Test 2022:
SAT Basic Details
|Exam Name||SAT 2022|
|Full Name||Scholastic Aptitude Test |
|Exam Conducting Body||ETS ( Educational Testing Service) on behalf of the College Board|
|Level of exam||International level|
|Frequency||07 times annually (in August, October, November, December, March, May, and June) in the US and 04 times ( in October, December, March and May) in other countries. |
|SAT Official website||https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/|
|Registration Link||Apply Now (Ended)|
About College Board
College Board is an American not-for-profit organization which was formulated in December 1899 as the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) to expand access to higher education. It runs a membership association of institutions, including over 6,000 schools, colleges, universities, and other educational organizations. The College Board provides resources, tools, and services to students, parents, colleges and universities in the areas of college planning, recruitment and admissions, financial aid, and rentention.