TS EDCET 2020 Application form window is opened until 05 September 2020 with a late fee of Rs 2000/-. The exam dates are 01 & 03 October 2020. TS EDCET will be conducted by the Osmania University (OU), Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education. The exam is conducted once every year at the State Level. The candidates will be enrolled in B.Ed (Two years) Regular Course in the Colleges of Education in Telangana State. Furthermore, the application form for Telangana State Education Common Entrance Candidates must read the complete article to know more about TS EDCET 2020.
- The exam date for TS EDCET 2020 is scheduled to be held on 01 & 03 October 2020.
- The candidates can apply online with a late of Rs 2000/- until 05 September 2020.
TS EDCET 2020 Admit Card
TS EDCET 2020 Admit Card will be available at the official website of Telangana State Council for Higher Education.
- Applicants need to download the admit card and should keep the print out of the same.
- Candidates should carry the Hall Ticket to the exam hall on Examination day.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall or appear for the examination without Admit card.
- The authority will not send the hall ticket/admission ticket via post.
TS EDCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can take a view of the exam pattern before preparing for the entrance exam. Give below is a table of TS EDCET 2020 Test pattern candidates can refer to:
|Mode of Examination||offline mode (Pen and paper-based)|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
Subject wise marks distribution is given below:
Part A: General English
Part B: Teaching Aptitude
Part C: Methodology
Part C: Methodology:
For Part C aspirants will have to choose any one subject from the following:
Distribution of Part C
100(50 from Physics and 50 from Chemistry)
100(50 from Botany and 50 from Zoology)
100(35 from Geography,30 from History,15 from Civics,20 from Economics)
TS EDCET 2020 Syllabus
The candidates have to know the syllabus before they start preparing for TS EdCET 2020. The syllabus is divided into 3 parts:
TS EDCET 2020 Syllabus
General Knowledge& Teaching Aptitude
General awareness of Environment and application to the society, Knowledge of current events and experiences in scientific outlook.
India & neighbouring countries and questions related to history, culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General policy and Scientific research
Teaching aptitude on the ability to communicate, ability to deal with children, recognizing individual differences, analytical thinking and general intelligence
Any one of the following subjects
Mathematics, Physical Sciences(Physics and Chemistry), Biological Sciences(Zoology and Botany), Social Studies(History, Civics, Geography, Economics), English
Aspirants can refer below books on the analysis of previous years question papers:
Name of the Book
B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide
RPH Editorial Board
B.EL.Ed Common Entrance Exam(CCE) guide
RPH Editorial Board
Students can find the important books in the above table
TS EDCET 2020 Preparation Tips
The TS EDCET 2020 preparation tips will help the candidates to prepare well for the exam and hence score good marks, thereby qualify the exam.
Following are the preparation tips:
- The students need to make proper time-table and follow it properly.
- Applicants also need to make their proper notes which will help them to revise the topics they have already prepared.
- Aspirants also need to take proper diet and manage their stress.
- The candidates must be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus which will help the candidates to prepare for the exam properly.
- Candidates must refer to the books written by renowned authors to prepare for the exam.
- They need to give equal time to all the subjects and focus more on the subject in which they are weak.
- Furthermore, they must stay focused and must try to study with full enthusiasm and concentration.
- Also, they must do yoga or meditation to manage their stress.
TS EDCET 2020 Application Form
TS EDCET 2020 application form
submission started from 27 February 2020.
The last date to submit the application form is 15 June 2020
without late fee. Check all the information about TS EDCET application form given below:
- The application form will be available on the official website. ---> "TS EDCET official website"
- Candidates can fill the application form just through Online mode.
- Candidates have to enter their personal details, contact details, academic details in the application form.
- Candidates are advised to cross-check the details they have entered, to avoid mistakes.
- After filling all the necessary details in the application form, candidates have to make the payment and submit the online application form.
- The Convener or/and the Common Entrance Test Committee has the right to reject the application of a candidate at any stage, if:
- The application form is incomplete.
- The candidate fails to satisfy any of the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- False or incorrect information is furnished in the application form.
TS EDCET 2020 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee by using the following modes:
- TS Online/AP Online Centers
- Payment Gateway (Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Banking)
Check the application fee given below for various categories:
TS EDCET Registration Fee
|General/UR candidates||Rs. 650/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 450/-|
TS EDCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates satisfying the following requirements will be eligible to appear for the exam. The TS EDCET 2020 eligibility are given below:
- Candidates should be of Indian Nationality.
- The Aspirant should satisfy local/non-local status requirements.
- The candidate should have completed the age of 19 years as on 01 July of the year in which notification is issued. There will be no maximum age limit.
Educational Qualifications: Candidates should have passed or appeared for qualifying examination which are:
- Any Bachelors Degree i.e., B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc (Home Science), BCA, BBM/BBA or in the
Masters Degree with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- B.Tech or B.E with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55%
aggregate marks or
- Any other relevant qualification.
- However, for candidates belonging to the reserved categories Viz., SC/ ST/ BC and other reserved
categories should have 40% Marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear
for TS Ed.CET-2019.
- Note: As per the GO MS No:13 dated. 27/5/2017, the Candidates possessing MBBS/ BSC (AG) / BVSC/
BHMT/ B.Pharm and such other professional and job oriented degree courses Viz., LLB is not eligible for
admission into B.Ed Course.
- Candidates possessing a Master Degree without having undertaken undergraduate study are not eligible
TS EDCET 2020 Cut off Marks
The cut off marks will be available on the official website on the day of result and there will be no cut off for SC/ST category.
TS EdCET 2020 Answer Key
The competent authority will release the answer key after the exam will be over. The answers key has the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam. The candidate can check their answers and find out how much chance they have to secure a seat. Applicants will have has the opportunity to raise the objection against the answer key but that can be done within the specified window on payment of few amount per question.
TS EDCET 2020 Result
TS EDCET 2020 is expected to be released in the second week of June at the official website. The candidates will have to download their scorecard by entering the login credentials.
TS EDCET 2020 Tie Breaker
- In the case of a tie in total marks, Part C marks will be considered to remove the deadlock.
- If the tie still exists, Part A marks will be taken into account as a tie-breaker.
Steps to download Rank Card:
- Login in to your account with your application number & password.
- Click on “Download Rank Card”
- Open, save, and take a print out.
TS EDCET 2020 Counselling
TS EDCET 2020 Counselling will commence after the merit list is available on the official website, applicants should visit the University to attend the counselling process. The counselling date and schedule will be made available on the website after the declaration of merit list. Aspirants can register for counselling online at official website i.e tsche.ac.in. Part C marks will serve the basis for the allotment of subjects. The counselling process occurs in the following stages:
- Document verification
- Exercise options for colleges
- Downloading provisional allotment letter
- Reporting at the allotted institute
TS EdCET 2020 Exam Center
The candidates can check below the TS EDCET 2020 regional exam centres:
- Hyderabad Central
- Hyderabad East
- Hyderabad North
- Hyderabad South-East
- Hyderabad West
TS EDCET 2020 Highlights
The candidates can check a few basic information about TS EDCET 2020 below in the given table:
|Exam Name||TS EDCET|
|Conducting body||Osmania University (OU), Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|TS EDCET official website||https://edcet.tsche.ac.in/|
About Telangana State Council of Higher Education
TSCHE(The Telangana State Council of Higher Education) is founded in the year of 1988. TSCHE is authorized by UGC. TSCHE organised entrance test with Osmania University in Education, Law, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy departments in PG and UG programs. Seats allotted to candidates based on the rank secured in the entrance test.