|Teaching Aptitude |
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory,
Understanding and Reflective), Characteristics and basic requirements
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners
(Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences.
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material,
Instructional facilities, Learning environment and Institution
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher centred vs.
Learner-centred methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam,
Swayamprabha, MOOCs etc.).
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in
Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based
testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
|Research Aptitude |
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Postpositivistic approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative
and Quantitative methods
- Steps of Research.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
- Application of ICT in research.
- Research ethics.
- A passage of text be given. Questions be asked from the passage to be
- Communication: Meaning, types and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group
communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society
|Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude|
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and
Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.).
|Logical Reasoning |
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, structure of
categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies,
Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical
square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple use for establishing validity of
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana
(Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation),
Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference).
- Sources, acquisition and classification of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart
and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
- Data Interpretation.
- Data and Governance.
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT) |
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing.
- Digital initiatives in higher education.
- ICT and Governance
|People, Development and Environment |
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their
impacts on environment.
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water
pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical,
hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and
- Impacts of pollutants on human health.
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal,
Biomass, Nuclear and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate
Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit,
Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International
|Higher Education System |
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India.
- Professional, Technical and Skill-Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration