UPSC CAPF 2021 Syllabus is set by Union Public Service Commission. The exam will have 2 paper i.e paper 1 and paper 2. Candidate must be aware of the syllabus and exam pattern to get an idea about the entrance exam. There will be a total of 125 questions in paper 1. UPSC CAPF 2021 syllabus in Hindi can de downloaded from the official website. Candidates can read the given below article to know more about UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2021 and can download UPSC CAPF 2021 Syllabus pdf.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Syllabus
Candidate must read the given below section to know the detailed syllabus for UPSC CAPF 2021:
For Paper 1
Paper 1 will consist of 6 sections which are given below:
(i) General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
(ii) General Science
- General awareness
- Scientific Temper
- Comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena
- Information Technology
- Environmental Science
(iii) Current Events of National and International Importance
- Societal and Developmental issues
- Globalisation, and
- interplay among nations
(iv) Indian Polity and Economy
- Country’s political system
- The Constitution of India
- Country’s social systems
- Public administration
- Economic development in India
- Regional and International security issues and
- Human rights
(v) History of India: The candidates must be aware of the history of India and its heritage as well. They must have an understanding of the general development and fall of the country in various eras especially the nationalisation and freedom movements. Below is the broad division of this section:
- Social, economic and political aspects
- Growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
(vi) Indian and World Geography: The candidates must have a fair idea of the major geographical locations of the country and the World. The section will also cover physical, social and economic aspects of geography for the world as well as for the country.
For Paper 2
Paper 2 will have general studies, essay and reading comprehensions in the question paper. The question paper will contain descriptive type questions only. There will be Essay questions and Comprehension questions. The comprehensions will be of 120 marks.
Part A will be of 80 marks. It will consist of long narratives which are to be written in either in Hindi or English. Given below are the topics for essay:
- Modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle
- Polity and Economy
- Knowledge of security and
- Knowledge of human rights issues
- Analytical Ability
The reading comprehension will be of 120 marks. Given below are some of the topics for comprehensions:
- Comprehension passages
- Precise writing
- Developing counter arguments
- Simple grammar and
- Other aspects of language testing.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidate must be aware of the exam pattern to get an idea regarding the exam. Given below is the UPSC CAPF 2021 Exam Pattern:
For Paper 1
CAPF 2021 Exam Pattern for Paper 1
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||(+2) marks will be given for every right answer and there will be negative marking of 2/3 marks for the wrong answer|
For Paper 2
CAPF 2021 Exam Pattern for Paper 2
|Exam Mode||Pen-paper based |
|Total Marks ||200 marks for each paper|
Given below is the topic-wise distribution of marks:
|Topics||No. of Question||Marks|
|General Ability and Intelligence (Paper-1)||125||250|
|General Studies, Essay and Comprehension|
UPSC CAPF 2021 Important Books
Candidates can refer to the below-given list of books for the preparation of UPSC CAPF 2021.
For Paper 1
UPSC CAPF Important books for paper 1
- Economic Development & Policies in India – Jain & Ohri
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- NCERT XI
- Indian Polity – M Laxmikanth
- NCERT IX-XII
- Facets of Indian Culture – Spectrum
- NCERT XI (Ancient & Medieval)
- NCERT XII (Modern Indian History)
- India’s Struggle for Independence – Bipan Chandra
- World Atlas
- NCERT VI – X (Old Syllabus)
- NCERT XI, XII (New Syllabus)
- Certificate Physical Geography – G C Leong
- NCERT XII (Contemporary World Politics)
- Current Affairs
For Paper 2
UPSC CAPF Books for Paper 2
|General Studies||History, Indian Heritage & Culture|
- An Introduction to Indian Art Part 1: Textbook in Fine Arts for Class XI
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- India after Independence by Bipan Chandra
- Ancient India by R.S Sharma
- History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra
- Geography of India by Majid Husain
- World Geography by Majid Husain
- World Atlas
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – G C Leong
- Fundamentals of Physical Geography NCERT Class 11
|Polity & International Relations|
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- Introduction to the Constitution of India by DD Basu
- India’s Foreign Policy by Rajiv Sikri
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
|Comprehension and Essay||English Language|
- R. S. Agarwal
- Wren and Martin
UPSC CAPF 2021 Preparation Tips
Applicants can follow the below given UPSC CAPF 2021 preparation tips to score well in the entrance exam.
General Ability and Intelligence
- Candidates must focus on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning with the numerical ability and data interpretation.
- Practise topics like profit and loss, time and distance, analogy, graphs, pi-charts, mathematical tables.
- Candidate must be updated with day to day happenings in India and across the world.
- Applicants must regularly read newspapers and watch television for a daily news update.
- Prepare notes of the strategies signed between nations, the peace initiatives between nations, the awards won in various fields like music, arts, sports and science, the economic conditions of the nations and changes in policies in different countries.
- Concentrate on the latest developments taking place in Science in India and across the world.
- Update knowledge on the application of science use in daily lives.
- Candidate must focus on the different eras in India, years and dates
- Have an understanding of the freedom movement, and the social and economic changes in India.
- Must concentrate on the geographical aspects related to India and the world including global warming, the latest treaties, climate change, etc..
Politics and Economy
- Focus on the overall political and economic situation of India and across the world.
- Cover the political constitution of India, national and international threats, the public works undertaken.
- Topic can be on anything from history, geography, economy and politics of India to write an eassy on.
- Focus on the activities that have taken place in India in the past years.
- Try to remember the dates, trends of various events and also the statistical data that will help a candidate in coming up with a factual, complete, informative essay.
- Candidate must refer to grammar books for English that will help a candidate in comprehension and language skills.
- Practice writing eassy on daily basis.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Result
UPSC CAPF 2021 Result will be declared on the official website of the UPSC. Authority will release the merit list based on the performance in written exam and interview. Candidate must take a print of the result for future references.