UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Registration has been started from 20 April to 10 May 2023. The preliminary exam will be conducted on 07 August 2023. Central Armed Police Forces Assistant Commandant (CAPF AC) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission at the national level for those candidates who want to join the forces as Assistant Commandant. Qualified candidates can join Assam Rifles (AR), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Security Guard (NSG), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). Interested candidates can go through the full article to know all the information about UPSC CAPF 2023.
UPSC CAPF 2023 Exam Status
Candidates must check the below information for the CAPF 2023 exam:
|UPSC CAPF AC Registration 2023 and Exam date||Application Form released|
- UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Registration has been started on 20 April 2023 on the official website and will end on 10 May 2023. Candidates can apply here---Apply Now.
- CAPF AC 2023 entrance exam is scheduled to be conducted on 07 August 2023.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important UPSC CAPF AC 2023 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|Start date of Application form||20 April 2023|
|Last date of the application form of UPSC CAPF 2023||10 May 2023(till 06 PM)|
|Application Withdrawn Process||17-23 May 2023(till 06 PM)|
|Admit Card issue date ||14 July 2023|
|Exam Date||07 August 2023|
|Answer key||October 2023|
|Result date||13 October 2023|
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Application Form
Candidates can check all the information about UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Application Form given below:
- The registration form can be filled in two parts: Part I and Part II.
- UPSC CAPF AC registration has started on 20 April 2023 after releasing its notification.
- UPSC will provide the facility to withdraw the application form for seven days after the application closing date.
- The CAPF 2023 notification will provide complete information about its vacancies, important dates, exam centres.
- The procedure for submitting the online application form and payment of the application form will be notified soon on the official website.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Application Fee
After filling in the information such as personal details in part 1, the candidates have to submit the application fees. Females candidates and the candidates belonging to SC and ST category are exempted from the application fee. The UPSC CAPF AC application fee is Rs 200/- for the General and OBC category.
Mode of Payment
The candidates after their registration can submit the application fee either by cash or by an online transaction. The details are given below:
- Online mode: Candidates can make online payment of UPSC CAPF application fee by any credit/debit card or internet banking.
- Offline mode: Candidates can also pay their application fee in cash. The candidate has to print the system generated pay-in-slip during part I registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branches on the next working day.
CAPF Application Form Part II
After filling in details in Part I, candidates need to click on the "Click Here for Part II" link present on the UPSC official website.
- On clicking the link, a new page will appear in which candidates have to fill in their registration ID and the date of birth and click on the submit button.
- After this, the CAPF part-II application form will appear on the screen.
- Candidates need to fill in the required details and click on the "Submit" tab.
On submission of part-II, the CAPF AC exam application form is finally submitted
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure their CAPF 2023 Eligibility before filling the online application form on the website. Given below the points related to CAPF eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates who possess citizenship of other than India are not eligible for the exam.
- Gender: Both male and female candidates are eligible for the post of Assistant Commandants.
Age Limit Criteria: Given below are the table of age criteria-
|Lower Age ||20 Years|
|Upper Age ||25 Years|
|Upper Age for SC or ST||30 Years|
|Upper Age for OBC||27 Years|
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to Central Armed Police Forces.
Physical Fitness for Eyesight
|Distant vision||6/6 |
|Near Vision||N6 (corrected) ||N9 (corrected)|
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Admit Card
UPSC CAPF Admit card 2023 will be released on 14 July 2023 on the official website. Given below are some points related to hall ticket:
- Candidates can download their CAPF AC 2023 Admit card by providing either Registration ID & Date of Birth OR Roll No. & Date of Birth OR Name, Father’s Name & Date of Birth on the official website.
- The admit card releases in 3 stages for the CAPF which are written exam, physical efficiency test and personal interview.
- . Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam centre or else they are not allowed inside the centre.
- Candidates are advised to take a print of the admit card for further process.
- The candidate should check their admit card carefully and if any discrepancies found on the admit card immediately contact to the authority.
- No, admit card is sent to the candidate through post or mail.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check the given mentioned information of CAPF 2023 Exam Pattern:
- The exam will consist of paper I and Paper II
- Paper I: General ability and intelligence
- Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
|Exam Mode||Pen-paper based |
|Duration||120 Minutes each paper|
|Type of Question||Objective Type Question |
|Total Marks ||250 marks for each paper|
Candidates should ensure that in Paper II they write the answers only in the medium allowed by the Commission for the different components. No credit will be given for answers written in a medium other than the one allowed in the Paper. Candidates will be required to indicate the medium of the Essay Component in the Attendance Lists and on the Answer Book. No credit will be given for the Essay Component if the candidate indicates a medium on the Attendance List and on the Answer Book other than the one in which he/she has written the Essay.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Syllabus
Candidate can check the CAPF 2023 Syllabus below:
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Syllabus
|Paper-I||General Ability||Analogies, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Analysis, Ranking, Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.|
|Intelligence||General Mental Ability, Current Events of National and International Importance, General Science, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian and World Geography, and History of India|
|Paper-II||General Studies||Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Comprehension and Essay and English Language||Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.|
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Preparation Tips
As we know UPSC CAPF is not an easy examination to qualify, applicants must be fully prepared with all the resources they have.
- The best way to start the preparation is to understand the syllabus and examination pattern. It is necessary to know what all the examination bears – what type of questions are asked, duration of the examination, is the examination easy or moderate level.
- It is crucial for a candidate to mark some important sections, the strongest topics, topics on which candidates must hold command on. Go through the previous year question paper and practise them on a regular basis.
- Apart from written examination, do not forget to maintain medical fitness. Physical Endurance Test criteria are discussed in this article below. Ensure that candidates fit into the PET criteria prescribed by UPSC.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Test Centre
Given below are the list of CAPF 2023 Test Centre, candidates must check:
- Panaji (Goa)
- Port Blair
- Prayagraj (Allahabad)
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Answer Key
The CAPF exam answer key will release on the official website before the declaration of the result.
- Candidates can download the official answer key after the exam in the “Answer Keys” section. They can not object to the official answer key.
- However, the answer key is also released by various prestigious institutes and individuals in PDF or video format.
- Candidates can use the answer key to know their marks in the written exam. For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the total marks is deducted from the total marks. The answer key is the set of all the correct answers in the question paper of the exam.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Result
The UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Result will be declared on the official website of the UPSC.
- Authority will release the merit list based on the performance in the written exam and interview.
- Roll number of qualified candidates will be displayed. Result details will be shown some days later with Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Category and Marks obtained.
- Candidates are advised to take print of the CAPF 2023 Result for further process.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Cut-Offs
Below is the cut-off of last year.
Cut-off marks of Paper-I (250 Marks):
Cut-off for Paper I & II (450 Marks)
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Selection Process
The Selection Procedure/Scheme of the UPSC CAPF 2023 examination will be as follows:
- Written Examination: The written examination to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission,
the dates for which will be announced soon. Paper-I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion. Paper-I will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper-II will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I.
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests: Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards, specified will be put through the Physical Efficiency tests.
|100 Meters race||in 16 sec||in 18 sec|
|800 Meters race||in 3 min 45 sec||in 4 min 45 sec|
|Long Jump||3.5 mtr in 3 chances||3.0 mtrs in 3 chances|
|Shot put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 mtrs||–|
- Interview/Personality Test: Candidates who will qualify in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for an Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Final Selection / Merit: The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Highlights
Given below the vital points regarding CAPF 2023
|Exam name||UPSC CAPF AC 2023 (Central Armed Police Forces Assistant Commandant |
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|UPSC CAPF AC Official Website||https://upsc.gov.in/|
|Application Form||Apply Now|
|Purpose||To join the forces as Assistant Commandant.|
Stay connected for more updates regarding CAPF 2023.
Union Public Service Commission
The Union Public Service Commission commonly abbreviated as UPSC is India's premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While the Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India. The agency's charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled as Services Under the Union and the States. The commission is mandated by the Constitution for appointments to the services of the Union and All India Services.