WB D.El.Ed 2023 or West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education admission will be conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. Candidates who are eligible as per NCTE norms for a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education can apply for the exam. WB D.El.Ed 2023 stands for West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education. This test is conducted annually for the post of primary teachers in the state. Qualified candidates will become eligible for the teaching profession at an elementary level in the NCTE recognized Teachers Education Institute of the state for session 2023. Go through the complete article to know about WB D.El.Ed 2023 examination in detail.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the WB D.El.Ed 2023 Status from the below table:
West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education 2023 Status
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can get important dates and events related to WB B.EI.Ed 2023 from the given table below:
WB D.E.I.Ed 2023 Schedule
|Online Application form Availability||25 June 2023|
|Last date of submission of the application form||06 July 2023|
|Scrutiny of Online applications||July 2023|
|Online approval of the merit list||To be notified soon|
|Process of admission approved list ends on||To be notified soon|
|Commencement of classes||To be notified soon|
Above mentioned rates are based on previous data released by the authority. This page will be updated as soon as official dates are released by the exam conducting body.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Application Form
WB D.EI.Ed 2023 application form for session 2023 will be made available in the last week of June 2023 by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. The last date to apply for the application form shall be 6th July 2023(tentatively). Candidates can apply for the same through online mode only. All the information related to WB DEIEd 2023 registration is given below:
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before applying for the exam.
- The application form will be available on the official website of the WBBPE (wbbprimaryeducation.org).
- No other mode of application, except online, will be accepted by the authority.
- WB D.EI.Ed application form the last date is in July 2023.
How to Fill WB D.EI.Ed 2023 Application Form?
The following are the steps that the candidates can follow for filling the West Bengal D.El.Ed 2023 online application form:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of WBBPE for registration.
- Step 2: Click on the "Apply Now" button that appears on the website page.
- Step 3: The application form page will open, here candidates have to fill in all required information in the application form very carefully.
- Step 4: After filling in all the details mark the declaration and click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 5: Pay the requisite application fee to complete the registration process.
- Step 6: After the registration process is complete, candidates can take the printout of the duly filled application form for future reference.
WB D.EI.Ed 2023 Application Fee
Candidates have to log in at the Application Portal and follow the instructions thereafter, for making online payment of the application fee. Check the WB D.EI.Ed exam fee structure is given below as per different categories:
WB DEIEd Exam Fee
|General/OBC categories||Rs. 100/-|
|SC/ST/PH categories||Rs. 50/-|
|Vocational Category seats, In-Service & Ex-Serviceman categories||Rs. 100/-|
NOTE: The above-given fee is as per last year. The correct fee will be as updated as soon as the official authority will announce it.
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for WB D.El.Ed 2023, before apply for it.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the WB D.El.Ed 2023 Eligibility criteria before proceeding with the registration process. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the required eligibility criteria. Only eligible candidates will be considered for the examination. Any candidate found to be ineligible at any stage will be disqualified from the whole admission process. The eligibility criteria for West Bengal Diploma in Elementry Education Exam 2023 is given below in detail:
Nationality: Candidates should be Indian citizens.
- The upper age limit is 35 years for the general category and SC/ST/PH category is 40 years.
- Whereas, for OBC-A & OBC-B category, candidates should not be above 38 years of age.
- Note 1: This upper age limit is not applicable for the in-service teachers, appointed before 03 September 2001.
- Note 2: Ex-Serviceman candidates will get the benefit of age relaxation as per rules.
- Note 3: Applicants who possess SC/ST/OBC-A and OBC-B category certificates issued by the competent authority of other states, shall be given the benefits/concession at par with General (Unreserved) category candidates.
- Candidates should have passed (10+2) H.S or equivalent examination from any recognized Board/Council/University and score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks/aggregate of the best five.
- The relaxation of 5% marks will be provided to those candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PH/Ex-Serviceman category.
- If in case, there are no aggregate marks, 50% / 45% of the total of the best five scores excluding EVS (where it is not an elective subject) will be counted for eligibility.
- Candidates must have studied and passed at the Higher Secondary level with Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santhali as a compulsory subject and carry the weightage of 100 marks for admission to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santhali medium Institutions (as the case may be).
- Also, candidates have studied English with 100 marks as the second/other language.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Result
The candidates can check WB D.El.Ed 2023 result details below in the given points:
- The result will be declared within a month of the exam on its official website.
- The authority will not send the scorecard to the individuals via post.
- Those applicants who will score qualifying marks will be eligible for further counselling rounds.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Merit List
WB D.E.l.Ed Admission 2023 Merit list will be available on the official website. The board prepares the list of merits and moves it to the respective institutes' login. It is then possible for candidates to download the merit list and search for their names. For the preparation of the merit list, the marks of the best 5 subjects (where applicable) are taken into account.
- If the candidates have their name in the rank list that does not mean guaranteed admission.
- Admission will be provided based on the document verification with an original document regarding the percentage of the marks, dob, and reservation category also.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Counselling
WB D.El.Ed Counselling 2023 will be organized by the West Bengal School of Primary Education for qualified candidates. Counselling will be done through Online Mode. Offline counselling will be done for admission. Counselling will start after the publication of the merit list
Required Documents at the time of Counselling
- Passing Certificate.
- Class X & XII certificates.
- Graduation Marksheet.
- Domicile of WB.
- Registration Number & Slip.
- Color Photographs.
- Payment Receipt.
- Caste Certificates.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Seat Intake
As per the approval of the NCTE, the intake capacity of each institution will be displayed against each institute. However, the decision regarding the additional intake of 50 seats in respect of the District Institute of Education and Training, Jhargram will be notified after the declaration of the official authority.
As per last year's information, the intake capacity of each institution is given below:
For Government/ Govt. Spon./ Govt. Aided Institute
WB D.El.Ed Seats Available in Government Institute
|Intake||General||SC(22%)||ST(6%)||OBC-A(10%)||OBS-B(7%)||PH(3%)||Deputed In-Service Teacher||Ex-Service Teachers||Vocational|
For Private/ Self-Financed Institute
The above-given information is as per last year and will be updated when the official authority releases the seat matrix for the year 2023-22.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Fee Structure
The Government Institution will decide their course fee as per the existing fees-structure of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. However, the course fee for the Un-aided Self-financed Non-Government Institutions will be Rs.12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand) only per quarter in addition to Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees one thousand) only per month as Hostel Fees.
WB D.El.Ed 2023 Highlights
West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education 2023
|West Bengal Board of Primary Education|
WB D.El.Ed Official website
About West Bengal Board of Primary Education
The West Bengal Board of Primary Education is the state government administered autonomous authority for overseeing primary education in West Bengal, India. The board conducts an entrance exam to offer teaching posts in various educational institutes of the state in India. Along with exams the board also helps in the growth and development of the individual by providing various opportunities in the field of education.