WBUT PGET 2022 will be organised tentatively in the month of March by West Bengal University of Technology at a state level. West Bengal University of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test is conducted to admit candidates for admissions to MTech and MPharma Programmes offered by various colleges in the state. Applicants who have qualified GATE/GPAT can also appear for the exam. WBUT PGET 2022 exam is conducted in offline mode. The selection of the candidates will be done based on Interviews and performance in the WBUT PG entrance test.
WBUT PGET 2022 Exam Status
No official notification has been released by the conducting authority.
WBUT PGET 2022 Dates
West Bengal PGET 2022 Schedule
|Online availability of application, enrolment & submission||Februray 2022|
|Last date of submission||March 2022|
|Admit Card||April 2022|
|Entrance Test||April 2022|
WBUT PGET 2022 Application Form
WBUT PGET 2022 Application Form will be available soon. Below mentioned are a few guidelines that should be followed by the applicants to not face any kind of hassle:
- On the homepage, candidates have to click on the tab displaying ‘Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) 2022 for admission into M.Tech and M. Pharm under MAKAUT, WB.’
- To apply for WBUT PGET, Candidates will be required to download the application form and fill the same with relevant information. Next, they need to attach relevant self-attested photo copies of mark sheets, GATE scorecards etc. for verification with the filled in application form.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill all the details before final submission of details as it cannot be changed later.
- Candidates with valid GATE/GPAT scores have to attach the self-attested copies of the scorecard for the same.
- Print the duly filled WBUT PGET application form and sent it to the university along with some other documents to the address given below.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, BF – 142, Sector Number – 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata (700064).
WBUT PGET 2022 Application Fee
WBUT PGET application fee 2022 is mentioned below category wise shall be paid accordingly by the candidates:
WBUT PGET Exam Fees
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid via a Demand Draft (DD) in favour of 'MAKAUTWB-PGET' from any nationalized bank payable at Kolkata.
WBUT PGET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
WBUT PGET 2022 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below for all the sort of applicants and all the applicants must go through it to know about their Eligibility:
- Aspirants must have passed their Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture from a recognized university or institute.
- Final year students can also apply. However, these students should fulfil the eligibility criteria by 31 August 2022.
- Candidates who hold an MSc degree or would be completing their MSc in the respective branches can also apply.
- GATE/GPAT qualified students will also be considered eligible for admissions.
- Candidates who are Associate Members of a Professional of Engineers recognized by the Govt. of India as equivalent courses can also apply.
WBUT PGET 2022 Exam Pattern
WBUT PGET 2022 exam pattern is mentioned below:
WBUT PGET Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct (No Negative Marking)
Medium of examination
Subject wise division of marks and subjects:
WBUT PGET Section Wise Distribution
Aptitude in Logical/Reasoning
WBUT PGET 2022 Syllabus
Candidates must be familiar with WBUT PGET syllabus will be different for different courses for which the entrance exam will be conducted. The syllabus will mainly cover the topics studied by the candidates in their qualifying exam i.e. bachelor’s level degree examination.
Candidates can cover the following topics for the WBUT PG entrance test to cover all the syllabus:
- Basic Mathematics
- Reasoning topics such as Coding-Decoding, Number series, Sitting Arrangement etc.
- Basic engineering topics
- English topics such as Vocabulary, Grammar, Punctuation, reading comprehension etc.
WBUT PGET 2022 Preparation Tips
WBUT PGET Preparation Tips 2022 are given below:
- Make notes of everything as it is easier to refer to notes than going through all over again.
- Daily revision is an important aspect as everyone tends to forget or the memory of what they studied becomes faded which needs to be polished time and again.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Give time for recreation.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and scope of improvement is there if needed.
- Keep calm at the time of examination and focus.
WBUT PGET 2022 Admit Card
WBUT PGET Admit card 2022 will be available in July. Each candidate is required to carry his/her admit card to the exam venue. To download the WBUT PGET Admit Card, candidates will require their login details. Given below are the steps to download the WBUT PGET 2022 Hall ticket:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the University, www.but.ac.in.
- Step 2: On the homepage, candidates have to click on the tab displaying ‘Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) 2022 for admission into MTECH and MPHARM under MAKAUT, WB.’
- Step 3: Now, click on the link “WBUT PGET 2022 Admit Card” to download the hall ticket.
- Step 4: Enter their Application Number along with other asked credentials (such as Date of Birth or Password) to download the hall ticket.
- Step 5: Now click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 6: WBUT PGET Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Step 7: Candidates are advised to download and take print of the Admit Card in the coloured format, for future use.
The admit card will contain the following information:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Course applied for
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Exam venue
- Student’s address
- Student’s phone number
WBUT PGET 2022 Results
PGET Result 2022
will be available on the official website in the form of a Merit List. The PDF of the entire list will be available on the website of MAKAUT. The WBUT PGET 2021nresult
can be downloaded by the candidates by login into their account using the registration number and password. For GATE/GPAT candidates 50% marks of their GATE/GPAT scores will be used to prepare the merit list. If there is any tie situation then the previous academic qualifications will be used to break the tie. The counselling of the candidates will be done by as per the merit list. The merit list will also contain the list of the candidates in the waiting list.
WBUT PGET 2022 Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum score or minimum rank that a candidate must score to have a seat in WBUT PGET 2022 counselling. Given below is the entrance exam cut-off for both the courses: -
WBUT PGET Cut Off
|Course||Cut Off Rank|
WBUT PGET 2022 Counselling
WBUT-PGET 2022 counselling will be conducted after the result will be annoucned. Candidates who secure the minimum cut-off will be shortlisted. Such students will have to register themselves online for the counselling session. Shortlisted candidates will have to pay a Counselling fee of Rs. 500/- by D.D. drew in favour of “WBUT-PGET” from any bank payable at Kolkata at the time of Counselling. Candidates will be allowed to choose their preferred college and course. Once all the choices are submitted, candidates will be allotted seat basis their preference and merit. Candidates who are satisfied with the seats allotted to them will have to confirm their admission by reporting at the allotted institute. Unsatisfied applicants can opt for further rounds of counselling.
The weightage for the merit list will be:
- GATE/GPAT Candidates: 70% weightage to GATE scores and 30% to PGET
- PGET Candidates: 80% weightage to PGET scores and 20% to Academic Performance.
WBUT PGET 2022 Highlights
Check the given below information regarding the WBUT PGET 2022:
WBUT PGET 2022 Basic Details
WBUT PGET 2022
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
MTech and MPharma
WBUT Official website
To offer admission in MTech and MPharma programs offered by the various colleges of the state.
About Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MA KA UT), formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) is a public state university that was formed in 2001. It offers degrees in engineering, management, & other professional areas through affiliated colleges. The university has eight departments in four schools:
- School of Biotechnology & Biological Sciences
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Bio-informatics
- School of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Materials science and Technology
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
- Department of Microelectronics and VLSI Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- School of Management & Sciences
- Department of Management
- Department of Natural Sciences