Allahabad University CRET 2021 or Allahabad University Combined Research Entrance Test is organised once a year at the National level to enrol the candidates into Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) course. The exam is held in two levels i.e Level 1 is the written test (offline mode) and Level 2 is Interview / G.D. / Presentations. Read the complete article to know more about Allahabad University CRET 2021.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check the current exam status of Allahabad University CRET from the table given below:
|Exam Status||To be Announced |
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Dates
The candidates can check in the below table dates for University of Allahabad CRET 2021
CRET 2021 Schedule(Tentative)
|Start date of registration and submission||28 July 2021|
|Last date of fee & Registration||Augsut 2021|
|Downloading of Admit Cards Online only||September 2021|
|Date of Entrance Test ||September 2021|
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Application Form
The candidates must fill the CRET 2021 form with all care. The information provided in his/her form shall not be changed or altered in any case and the University will not entertain such requests under any circumstance. The University shall not be liable for any mistake.
- The candidates can fill & submit the form online on the official website of the university only.
- The online registration will be accessible only for the specified period as per the schedule.
- Each candidate will also have to mention his / her Sub i.e. UR, SC, ST, OBC and EWS.
- Applicants must keep ready his/her scanned copy of colour photograph & signature, to be uploaded.
- Once should have valid email id & contact number to get all the relevant details either via SMS or mail.
- The candidate must not submit more than one form as all the forms will be rejected.
- There is no provision for the withdrawal of a form once submitted.
- Aspirants must get the printout of the filled form for all future references.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Application Fee
The candidates can check fee details for CRET 2021 below:
CRET 2021 Online Registration Fees
|SC / ST/PH||Rs 800/-|
Fee once deposited will not be refunded by the authority in any circumstances.
Mode of Payment
- Online via debit card/credit card/net banking.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should read the Allahabad University CRET 2021 eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- A candidate must have passed the postgraduate exam with a minimum score of 55% or equivalent examination for all UR candidates & 50% marks for all OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates.
- A minimum average score in the entire academic career of 54% marks (or the Grade/Grade Point) for General/OBC candidates; or 49% marks in the case of SC / ST / PH candidates.
- A candidate with III division or equivalent letter Grade/Grade Point ) at the graduate & PG level will not be able to apply.
CRET 2021 Exemptions to Apply
The following candidates will not be able to apply for University of Allahabad CRET 2021 Level 1 test:
- Teacher of the university of Constituent Colleges candidates for PhD.
- Those who have qualified Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) conducted by UGC/CSIR.
- Serving Army, Navy and Air force Officers with not less than 15 years of service and with the rank of Colonel in the Army, or equivalent rank in the Air Force/Navy, who are applying for PhD in the Department of Defence and Strategic Studies are exempted from Level 1 and be separately assessed at level 2 against a specified number of vacancies.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Reservation Policy
Reservation in PhD Programme shall be implemented, as per the MHRD/UGC guidelines.
A horizontal reservation of 5% shall be extended, across the reserved & UR categories for Physically handicapped aspirants as per the relevant provisions in this regard.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates can get a summary of CRET 2021 exam scheme from the below table:
- CRET 2021 is divided into 02 parts : Part 1 & Part 2.
CRET 2021 Question Pattern Scheme
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of questions||50|
|Sections||2 (50% from Research Methodology & 50% from specific subject)|
|Marking Scheme||There will be no negative marking & + 2 marks will be awarded for each correct response|
|Questions Type||Subjective type|
|Number of questions|| 03|
|Total Marks|| 200|
The Level 2 Test shall entail an interview and may include Presentations, group discussions or other modes of appraisal & shall be administered by the Doctoral Programme Committee of the Department /Institute/Centre concerned.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus can be checked from Prospectus provided above. A summary is given below:
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Elements in soil and plants
- Elements used as fertilizers
- Theoretical aspects of analytical chemistry
- Soil microbiology
- Environmental chemistry of soils
- Ancient History
- Ancient India (from earliest times to A. D. 1200)
- Age of Political Fragmentation C. 200 BC-AD 300
- Age of the Imperial Guptas
- (Socio-Economic History) Earliest times to 1200 AD
- Atmospheric & Ocean Sciences
- Mathematical modelling
- Probability density function
- Radiation Laws
- Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations
- Social-Cultural Anthropology
- Physical/ Biological Anthropology
- Archaeological Anthropology
- Indian Anthropology and Development Anthropology
- Growth of Anthropology in India
- Behavioural & Cognitive Sciences
- General Issues and Foundations of Cognitive Science
- Research Methods
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Computational Models of Cognition
- Decision Making
- Principles of taxonomy
- Principles & application of light phase contrast, fluorescence, scanning & transmission electron
- Principles and applications of gel-filtration, ion-exchange & affinity chromatography
- Principles and techniques of nucleic acid hybridization and Cot curves
- Principles of biophysical methods used for the analysis of biopolymer structure X-ray diffraction, fluorescence, UV
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Admit Card
Those who have applied or seeking to apply can go through the below details to know all about CRET 2021 Admit card:
- The authority will issue the hall ticket to only those candidates who will submit the form successfully.
- Allahabad University will release the admit card on the official website.
- Applicants will have to download the hall ticket from the portal by entering the login id & password.
- The admit card will not be sent via post to any individual.
- It is must carry the exam call letter in the examination hall as without it entry will not be given.
- All candidates are required to retain the admission card to produce at Level 2 (Interview) before the concerned DPC and final admission to the PhD, a programme of the University.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Result
The conducting body releases the CRET 2021 result on the official website.
- It is provided in the form of an eligible candidate list. The list is based on merit in level 1 and level 2.
- In the written test examinees must secure 50% for unreserved category candidates & 45% marks for all OBC/SC/ST/ PH candidates to qualify.
- All candidates seeking admission to the PhD Programme of the University of Allahabad for the
session 2021-22, shall have to qualify the exam.
- Then, eligible candidates are called for admission as per the vacancies in any Department / Institute / Centre/universities as intimated by the respective Head of the Department / Director / Coordinator concerned.
NOTE - A candidate who will not score minimum qualifying marks in the respective categories will not be eligible for level II.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Interview
Candidates found eligible for Level 2 (including JRFs /CSIR qualified candidates) should contact the concerned departments/centre/institute. They shall fill the form prescribed by the University for admission to its PhD programme. The admission will be confirmed based on the availability of seats & supervisors.
Applicants desirous of pursuing inter-disciplinary research shall be permitted to apply for CRET 2021 in any one of the allied subjects for whom the Certificate of Eligibility shall have to be submitted in original.
Allahabad University CRET 2021 Highlights
The candidates can check a few basic details about Allahabad University CRET 2021 below in the given table:
|Exam name||CRET 2021 or Combined Research Entrance Test |
|Conducting body||Allahabad University|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|CRET 2021 official website||https://www.aupravesh2020.com/|
|Purpose||to offer admission into PhD programmes|
About Allahabad University
The University of Allahabad is a public central university located in the city of Allahabad (Prayagraj), India. It has been accredited 'A' grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Established on 23 September 1887, it is the fourth oldest modern university in India. It consists of major 5 faculties namely Science, Arts, commerce, law, management Faculties with the arts faculty housing the Administrative Block to Chatham Lines. It has numerous residential hostels for students.
The following colleges are constituent to Allahabad University:
- Allahabad Degree College
- Arya Kanya Degree College
- Chaudhary Mahadeo Prasad Post Graduate College
- Ewing Christian College (Autonomous Minority College)
- Govind Ballabh Pant Social Science Institute
- Hamidia Girls' Degree College
- Ishwar Saran Degree College
- Jagat Taran Girls' Degree College
- K.P Training College
- Rajarshi Tandon Girls' Degree College
- S.S. Khanna Girls Degree College
- S.P.M. Govt. Degree College