CA Foundation 2023 May exam were held on 24-30 June 2023. CA Foundation Exam 2023 is also known as Chartered Accountants Common Proficiency Test. It is an entry-level examination for admission to the CA Course which will be organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). It is conducted annually at the national level. This examination gives the candidate a brilliant opportunity, to begin with, the course and learn about how Chartered Accountancy works in India as it is an evergreen and always in-demand field. The article will guide the applicants through accurate information on the exam which includes CA Foundation Exam 2023 course details, examination, eligibility, application form and fee, pattern & syllabus, and various other details.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is expected to announce the CA Foundation results soon. Candidates will be able to check the Chartered Accountants Final results on the official website of ICAI at icai.org.
- The ICAI will begin the first round of mock exams on April 24, 2023.
- The dates for the CA Foundation 2023 examinations are from June 24 to June 30, 2023.
- Candidates who want to sit for the ICAI CA June 2023 Foundation examinations can register for mock exams at icai.org.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the CA foundation exam 2023 status from the below table:
|Exam Status||Exam on 24-28 June 2023|
|Result||February 6, 2023|
Latest Updates of CA Foundation May 2023
- CA Foundation 2023 May exam which was scheduled to be held on 23, 25, 27, and 29 May 2023 will now conduct on 24,26,28 and 30 June 2023.
- ICAI CPT 2023 Application Form Correction window is open from 21 to 27 March 2023.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Important Dates
Schedule for CA Foundation Exam 2023 Examinations
CA Foundation 2023 Important Dates Schedule
|Start of Online Application form||February 3, 2023|
|Submission of the online registration form||February 24, 2023|
|Printing out of the application form||February 2023|
|Fee correction window open(Without late fee)||March 4 to 10, 2023|
|Correction window open(With Late Fee)||To Be Announced|
|CPT Exam 2023|
June 24, 26, 28 and 30, 2023
|Result Announcement||To Be Announced|
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Application Form
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Application Form
has been released online.
Before filling out the application and to be able to fill out the application form, applicants must register first. Below mentioned are a few guidelines that must be followed by all the candidates to not make any mistakes that can cost them their examination:
- All the details asked for in the CPT Registration 2023 form are Mandatory.
- E-mail ID and mobile number should remain the same till the admission process is completed otherwise candidates might not get all the important details.
- Once the application form is submitted online, a request for any change in the data entered in the application form will NOT be entertained.
- Ensure that the Online Application Form is filled in properly with all complete details.
- Incomplete/incorrect applications are liable to be rejected at any stage without prior information to the candidate.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Application Fee
Application fee of CA Foundation Exam 2023 can be paid through the online mode
| Indian Centre(s)||₹ 1500/-|
|Overseas Centre(s)||US$ 325|
|Kathmandu (Nepal) Centre||INR ₹ 2200|
Mode of Payment: Using Master/VISA/Maestro Credit/Debit Card
In addition to the applicable fee payable to the Institute by the candidate towards exam-related services, they will be required to pay bank charges at the following rates, while paying the said fee, online through the payment gateway. These are charges payable by the candidate to the bank and will be recovered along with the applicable fee payable to the Institute:-
Domestic Credit Cards: 0.50% + GST
Domestic Debit Cards / Rupay Cards:-
Upto Rs. 2000: Nil
Greater than Rs. 2000/- : 0.9% + GST
International Card: 0.5% +GST
Net Banking: Nil
BHIM UPI: Upto Rs. 2000/-: Nil
Greater than Rs. 2000 : 0.65% + GST
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
- A 10th Passed student can register for CPT Course by filling in the prescribed registration form along with the requisite fee. A student who has passed higher qualifications than the 10th class such as /B.Com/M.Com/LLB/ICWA/CS/MBA is also, in the first instance, to appear and pass CPT Examination to join the Chartered Accountancy Course.
- A student to be eligible to appear in the CPT Examination must have been registered for the CPT Course with the Board of Studies of the Institute on or before the First October 2008 for June Examination and must have passed the 12th Class Examination or already appeared in the 12th Class Examination of a recognized Board.
- A student who has passed Common Proficiency Test and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and passed CPT may join the Professional Competence Course.
- Simultaneously, the student will also register for practical training.
- Also, a student has to register and undergo 100 Hours of Information Technology Training.
- Under the Transition scheme, an existing student of Professional Education (Course-II) who has passed the Professional Education (Course-I) examination / Foundation examination may switch over to Professional Competence Course (PCC) if he desires. Such candidates will concurrently register for articled training and 100 Hours Information Technology Training.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Exam Pattern
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Pattern is mentioned below which gives ample information:
Exam pattern for CA Foundation Exam 2023
|Duration||The first shift would be from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and the 2nd shift will be from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.|
|Marking scheme||1/4 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
Section-wise distribution for the questions of CA Foundation Exam 2023
A – Fundamentals of Accounting
10:30 am – 12:30 pm (two hours)
B – Mercantile Laws
C – General Economics
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (two hours)
D – Quantitative Aptitude
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Syllabus
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Syllabus is mentioned below:
Fundamentals of Accounting
- Theoretical Framework, Accounting Process, Depreciation Accounting, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Partnership Accounts, Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors, Accounting for Special Transactions, Introduction to Company Accounts.
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract, performance of contract and breach of contract, The Indian Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners – Registration and dissolution of a firm, The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods Unpaid seller and his rights.
- Micro Economics, Introduction to Micro Economics, Theory of Demand and Supply, Theory of Production and Cost, Indian Economic Development, Indian Economy – A Profile, Select Aspects of Indian Economy, Price Determination in Different Markets, Economic Reforms in India, Money and Banking.
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms, Equations, Inequalities, Sequence, and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions, Sets, Functions and Relations, Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach, Correlation and Regression, Theoretical Distributions, Sampling Theory, Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus, Statistical description of data, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Index Numbers, Simple and Compound Interest including annuity – Applications, Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Preparation Tips are mentioned below which have been quoted by experts to offer the best to all the aspirants:
- Candidates are requested to go through the Syllabus first.
- Make notes of everything.
- Daily revision is an important aspect as everyone tends to forget.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must.
- Solving questions will give a reality check of the preparation and scope of improvement as well.
- Join a test series and write tests every day as it will add up to the speed, accuracy, and refinement in answering questions.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Admit Card
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Admit Card has been released by ICAI and can be downloaded. Below mentioned are a few guidelines regarding the admit card:
- The candidates must bring an original identity card.
- The appearance in the test shall only be after verification of the Identity Card/Proof of employment of the employee.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination center other than he/she has opted for in the application form.
- No request for a change of examination center will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidate without admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Result
Applicants can check the result of CA Foundation Exam 2023 details through the below-mentioned points
- CA Foundation Exam 2023 Result will be declared on the official website and the scorecard must be downloaded by all the candidates.
- Each student who appears in the CPT Examination is issued with a Result Card within two weeks of the declaration of results. No Pass Certificate as such is issued to CPT pass candidates.
- The scorecard will be helpful in further proceedings like Counselling and admission.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Counselling
Candidates can check the counseling details of CA Foundation exam 2023 through the below details:
- CA Foundation Exam 2023 Counselling will be organized soon after the result declaration and candidates will be informed accordingly either via mail or SMS for which they should stay updated.
- If there is any blunder from the candidate's end then it will post no harm to the institute but the candidate, so kindly follow all the mentioned instructions.
CA Foundation Exam 2023 OPT-OUT Scheme
ICAI taking covid 19 scenarios into consideration has introduced an opt-out scheme for examination. The circumstances are:
- The candidate is currently Covid Positive or has symptoms of being covid positive during this period of examination.
- Any of the family members or roommates with whom the candidate lives are Covid Positive during this period of examination.
- The candidate lives in an area that comes under the containment zone as declared by the Government of India, during this period of examination.
- Candidates who opt out in the middle of an examination will have to re-appear the entire exam once again.
- Candidates who opt out after completing one examination( i.e Group 1 ), will only have to reappear for the second examination( i.e Group 2)
CA Foundation Exam 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the highlights of CA CPT Test 2023 through the following details:
CA CPT 2023
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Chartered Accountancy Course
CA Foundation Official website
Offline (Pen & Paper)
To offer the Chartered Accountancy Course
Stay connected for more updates regarding CA CPT 2023.
About The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, viz. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country. The Institute, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The ICAI is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the Indian economy in the public interest. The affairs of the ICAI are managed by a Council by the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
Sir subject kon kon se h iski book name please