DIET Delhi Admission 2023 is conducted by SCERT. The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Delhi, is responsible for conducting the admission process to fill seats in D.El.Ed / DPSE course, offered in the DIET colleges of Delhi. In order to apply for admission, the candidates must be 10+2 qualified with 50% marks. The admission is based on the candidate’s merit in the qualifying examination (class 12th). Furthermore, the DIET admission includes application form registration, merit list release, document verification, admission list, and physical reporting to the allotted institutes. For more information regarding the same, keep on reading the article.
SCERT offers full-time programmes such as B.Ed. and D.El.Ed. Admission to B.Ed courses is based on the marks obtained in IPU-CET. Candidates who have completed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) can apply for admission to D.El.Ed. Candidates who have completed their Bachelor's or Master's degrees can apply for the B.Ed course.
Candidates can fill the application form for admission to the B.Ed programme online through the official website of GGSIPU (http://www.ipu.ac.in/). On the other hand, the application form for admission to D.El.Ed can be filled by visiting the website of SCERT (http://scertdelhi.nic.in).
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Status
The candidates can check the DIET Delhi Admission 2023 status from the table below.
DIET Delhi Admission Application Form 2023
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Important Dates
The candidates can check the DIET Delhi Admission 2023 important dates from the table below.
Application Form Release Date
15 July 2023
Application Form Correction
30-31 July 2023
Application Form Last Date
29 July 2023
Declaration of Provisional Rank
27 August 2023
Display of Rank of candidates
1st merit list
27 August 2023
1st merit list candidates reporting
29-31 August 2023
Declaration and Reporting of candidates of 2nd merit list
02-05 September 2023
Physical reporting of candidate at his/her f allotted DIETs/Institute &
deposit original verified document & fee
Withdrawal of Admission through online mode only
15-19 September 2023
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Application Form
The SCERT is the official authority that releases the online application form for DIET Delhi Admission. In order to apply for registration, the candidate must visit the official website (scertdelhiadmission.nic.in). Before applying, the candidate must make sure they’re eligible.The application form must be cross-checked for details carefully before submitting the form. Thereafter, the candidates must pay the registration fee in order to successfully register themselves.
Steps To Apply For DIET Delhi Admission Application Form 2023
- Firstly, the candidate must visit the official website of DIET Delhi.
- Thereafter, they must click on the “fresh registration” button & subsequently enter their personal & contact information. Thereafter, they must select the password of their own choice as well.
- It is important to review the application registration details & only then click on the “submit” button.
- Thereafter, login via generated application number & password.
- Subsequently, the candidate must enter the qualification as well as contact details.
- Thereafter, they must upload the scanned image of photograph and signature and then pay the application fee.
- Finally, the candidate must fill in the choices of self – financed institutes or DIETs & then submit the application form.
- Furthermore, take the printout of the submitted application form for future purposes.
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Application Form Registration Fees
In order to register successfully for DIET Delhi Application Form, the candidates must pay the fee i.e. Rs 250.
Mode Of Payment:
The candidate must pay the application fee via debit card / credit card / net banking. However, it must be kept in mind that the application fee is non-refundable.
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must not be more than 24 years of age as on 30 September 2021.
- Also, 5% of the upper age limit relaxation is provided to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PwD category
- The candidates must have passed class 12th of CBSE or equivalent examination from any other recognized board.
- The candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks in class 12th.
- However, relaxation is provided: 5% of the relaxation is given to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PwD category. Therefore, the candidates belonging to above mentioned categories must have a minimum 45% aggregate marks in order to apply.
Candidates opting for Urdu / Punjabi (For D.El.Ed course):
The candidates opting for Urdu / Punjabi languages in respective institutes i.e DIET Karkardooma for Punjabi and DIET Daryaganj for Urdu, must have passed Urdu / Punjabi as one of the subjects both in class 10th and 12th exam (For Govt. DIETs only).
Note: Generally, the candidates get confused, thinking there’s an option of instruction for Urdu and Punjabi language. That is untrue because, there is provision of choosing only one option of teaching i.e. Hindi / Urdu / Punjabi. Therefore, candidates are required to opt for one language as per their eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be in good physical as well as mental health. They should be free of any communicable disease which is likely to disturb studies and must be able to carry out outdoor activities of a teacher.
- Furthermore, the candidates are required to submit a physical fitness certificate from a recognized MBBS institute.
DIET Delhi Admission Merit List 2023
The merit list of DIET Delhi is released online at the official website (scertdelhiadmission.nic.in). It is released only after candidate’s successfully submit their application form. Furthermore, the merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the class 12th qualifying examination. It is released in a PDF format, which provides information regarding, registration number, SCERT rank, DOB, random number, class 10th & 12th class percentage & candidate’s category.
In case if two or more candidates obtain same marks in the class 12th examination, then the tie-breaking criteria given below is followed:
The percentage of marks in class 10th examination upto two decimal places are taken in account to break the tie.
However, if the tie between the candidates still persists then, the candidate older in age will be given preference.
In case of tie still persists then the draw of lots scheme is implemented for the preparation of the merit list.
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Document Verification
Once the official authority releases the merit list, the candidates must report to the allotted institute for document verification. Furthermore, the candidates must keep certain points in mind during the document verification process.
- If the candidate fails to report to the allotted institute, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- In case the candidate fails to provide the documents, then their admission will be cancelled & the seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
- In case a candidate wants to take part in the online counselling then they will be provided with an opportunity to edit the form and get a virtual vacancy in DIET / institute after the submission of e-counselling.
- However, if a candidate still fails to remove the deficiency & does not provide original documents or valid certificate from the concerned authority, then his / her candidature will be cancelled & will not be entertained further.
The documents required to be taken in original at the time of verification are:
- Printout of DIET Delhi admission form
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Original certificate of class 10th or its equivalent examination
- Category / Sub-category certificate (if valid)
- Medical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS / BAMS doctor
- The candidates taking admission from NIOS or any other distance board must submit a proof for showing, they have cleared class 12th examination from the authorized study center along with other documents
DIET Delhi Admission List 2023
The admission lists are published on the official website after the document verification process. Furthermore, the seats are allotted on the basis of the merit & choices filled by the candidate and category. The candidates can check the allotment of seats via login. In case the seat has been allotted to a candidate, then he / she can download the provisional allotment letter but only after the payment of Rs 1800 (part admission fee). However, the provisional allotment offer letter is generated only after the candidate reports to the allotted institute.
Freezing of Seats
Freezing of seats connotes when a candidate freezes a seat after the allotment, which means that the candidate does not want to participate in further allotment process. The candidates can freeze their seat via their login id by clicking on the ‘freeze’ button within the stipulated time frame. Furthermore, keep the following points in mind whilst freezing seats:
- If the candidate does not freeze the allotted seat then, the next higher preference will be allotted in the next round but only after considering the availability of seats, and choice, preferences filled by the candidates.
- Moreover, In case if a candidate is upgraded to the next DIET institute, then his / her earlier allotment will automatically end.
- Furthermore, after the third round of admission, the candidates must physically report to the allotted institute.
- However, in case a candidate wants to take part in the online counselling round then they have to make a payment of Rs 1000.
Sliding Of Seats
The verified candidates who have been allotted seats and have paid part fee and have reported during the allocation rounds are considered for sliding. However, this sliding of seat option is only available for candidates who did not withdraw their admission and also did not freeze the allocated seat. Furthermore, the sliding option is made available to the candidates as per the availability of seats, preferences chosen by them during the online application process and their merit.
Some Important Points Regarding Sliding of Seats
- In case a candidate has paid the part fee but does not wish to take part in the sliding round, then they must freeze their allotted seat.
- Furthermore, after the end of each sliding round, the candidates must report to their allotted DIET / institute for document verification & payment of admission fee.
- Also, the sliding of option after the 3rd round of allocation is available to only those candidates who submit an online request (OTP based) and pay the counselling participation fee.
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 - Physical Reporting At The Allotted Institute
The aspirants who have been allocated seats and have their names mentioned on the admitted list, submitted by the respective institutes, are referred to as “admitted students”. Therefore, these candidates must physically report to their allotted institutes for the completion of the admission process.
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Online Counselling
The online counselling takes place when there are vacant seats still left after 3 rounds of DIET Delhi admission 2023. The candidates can check the vacancy status on the official website. However only those candidates will be considered for online counselling, who were allotted seats in any 3 admission lists, but were unable to take admission due to some reason.
Furthermore, in order to take admission in DIET Delhi admission online counselling, the candidates must pay the participating non-refundable fee of INR 1000. Moreover, the candidates must submit the options online. Subsequent to the payment of participation fee & submission of choices/preferences, the seats are allotted to the candidates. However, the candidates must report to their allotted institute for the completion of the admission process.
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Seat Intake
The candidates can check the DIET Delhi Admission Seat Intake from the table below.
For D.El.Ed course
No. of seats
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Participating Institute
Check the list of DIET Delhi Admission participating institutes from below.
For D.El.Ed course
- District Institute of Education and Training, FU Block, Pitampura
- District Institute of Education and Training, Keshavpuram
- District Institute of Education and Training, Ansari Road, Daryaganj
- District Institute of Education and Training, Karkardooma Institutional Area
- District Institute of Education and Training, Baba Phoola Marg, Old Rajinder Nagar
- District Institute of Education and Training, RK Puram, Sector VII, New Delhi
- District Institute of Education and Training, J & K Block, Dilshad Garden
- District Institute of Education and Training, Moti Bagh, New Delhi
- District Institute of Education and Training, Keshavpuram
- District Institute of Education and Training, Ghumman Hera, New Delhi
For SFS Institutes
- B.R.M.T College of Education
- Institute of Vocational Studies
- Aaryan College of Education
- Drishti Institute, Uday Vihar
- Bhawan’s Leelavati Munshi College of Education
- Great Mission Teacher’s Training Institute
- Gitarattan Institute of Advanced Studies
- Delhi College of Vocational Studies & Research
- Jain BHarati Institute of HIgher Education
- Lovely Teacher’s Training Institute
- L.C College of Education
- MA Education Institute, Rohini
- M.D. Indraprastha Institute for Higher Education
- Rishab Institute, Mayur VIhar
- Rama Krishna Teacher Training Institute
- M.R Bharati College of Education
- Sirifort College of Computer Technology & Management
- Sai Institute for Girl’s
- V.D INstitute of Technology
- Ojas College of Education L.C College of Education
- Pradeep Memorial Comprehensive College of Education
- Tecnia Institute of Teacher Education
- Vidya Training Institute, Vidya Bhawan, Bangla Sahib Road
About SCERT, Delhi 2023
The State Council of Educational Research and Training, Delhi is an autonomous body of the Government of Delhi. It was established in 1988 & is recognized by NCT of Delhi for the admission, course, counselling, construction of curriculum for pre-service training programmes in the domain of pre-primary teacher education as well as elementary education. Furthermore, it also oversees and provides necessary counselling at effective teaching in 9 DIETs in Delhi.
DIET Delhi Admission 2023 Highlights
The candidates can check the important highlights of DIET Delhi Admission 2023 from the table below.
DIET Delhi Admission
District Institute of Education and Training, Delhi
States Accepting SCERT Delhi Scores