TNSET 2020 exam date has been postponed due to COVID-19. Mother Teresa University conducts Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test(TNSET) to recruit Assistant Professor in different Tamil Institutes & Universities. TNSET is conducted at the state level in offline mode. TNSET 2020 is organised in three separate paper to test the knowledge of candidates as per the exam pattern. Candidates who score minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree are eligible to apply online for the post in 26 different subjects. Candidates must read carefully eligibility criteria before applying for TNSET 2020. Candidates should go through the given below article to know more about TNSET 2020.
- TNSET 2020 dates yet to be announced.
TNSET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the TNSET 2020 Application Form
on the official website of the authority. Go through the mentioned below information of Mother Teresa University TNSET
- The application form will available in the online mode only.
- Conducting authority will not accept the hard copy of TN SET application form.
- Candidates need to do the registration before filling the application form.
- Upload the scanned copy of documents such as photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Applicants can pay the application fees through the online mode.
- The applicable taxes & convenience fee etc. will be additionally charged.
- Once the application form filling process is over, candidates are advised to get the printout of if fo all further references.
TNSET Application Fees
Candidate should check the category wise TNSET 2020 Application Fees from the given below table:
TNSET Registration Fee 2020
|General and OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||Rs. 1250/-|
|SC/ST/PWD-VI, HI, PH||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of Payment: Applicants can make payment through the online mode only via using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
TNSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to ensure their TNSET 2020 Eligibility before applying for the entrance exam. Check the given below details of eligibility criteria:
- Must score 55% marks in the qualifying exam for general category and 50% marks for all reserved category candidates.
- Should have a degree of masters or equivalent from any university or institute which is recognized from UGC, Delhi.
- Candidates require to clear the masters from subjects such as science, humanities, social science, computer science and application, Electronics Science, and library & information science.
- Candidates who are in the final year of a degree or waiting for the result are also eligible to appear for the exam.
- There are no age limit criteria for the candidates.
TNSET 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card will be released by the authority on TNSET official website
. Candidates can follow the below-given guidelines to download the Mother Teresa University TNSET 2020 Admit card
- Candidates will be able to get details like exam venue, candidate's personal details, date and time of examination, etc
- It is mandatory to carry the hall ticket to the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to appear without the admit card.
- All the applicants are advised to keep extra copies of Admit card for further uses.
TNSET 2020 Exam Centres
The list of test centres where the exam will be conducted is given below. The allotted test centres will not be changed at any circumstances unless done by the authority in certain cases :
TNSET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the given mentioned information of TNSET 2020 Exam Pattern to get an idea about the question paper structure:
TNSET 2020 Paper Pattern
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper)|
|Medium ||English and Tamil|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Marking Scheme ||+2 marks for each correct answer|
Paper wise distribution of time, marks and number of question in a question paper:
|Paper||Time ||Marks||No. of Question|
TNSET 2020 Subject of Test
Below is the list of subjects for which TN SET 2020 will be conducted:
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question Paper|
|03||Computer Science & Application||English|
|11||Home Science||English /Tamil|
|12||Journalism and Mass Communication||English /Tamil|
|21||Political Sciences||English /Tamil|
|23||Social Work||English /Tamil|
|26||Library & Information Science||English /Tamil|
TNSET 2020 Syllabus
The exam will be conducted as per the guidelines of the conducting body. To get a detailed knowledge of the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website or refer to the syllabus of UGC/ CSIR NET 2020. Candidates can check paper wise syllabus given below:
- Paper 1- The paper will be primarily designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidates. It will be intended to access the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. The paper will consist of multiple-choice questions(MCQs).
- Paper 2 and 3- These papers are designed to check the knowledge of the subject selected by the candidate. It is of objective type.
TNSET 2020 Answer Key
The Answer Key for TENSET 2020 will be published on the official website by the exam conducting authority. The Answer key will be released just after the written exams are over.
- Through the Answer key, candidates will be able to check the correct answers and tally with their own.
- The Authority will also provide an opportunity to submit an objection against the Answer key.
- Candidates will be able to submit objection through online mode within 15 days. After the deadline, no grievance regarding the Answer Key will be entertained.
- Candidates will have to submit Rs. 1000 via Demand Draft to challenge the Answer key.
- The answer key will be released separately for all the papers.
TNSET 2020 Results
After the release of Answer key and the objection process, a final result will be declared online by the authority on TNSET official website. Candidates can check the following points to download the Results:
- The candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will also be notified by the authority via SMS on the registered mobile number.
- The results are generally released in the first week of May.
- Top 6% candidates of the total appearing candidates will be declared qualified for the post of Assistant Professor.
- To check the results, candidates will have to log in with the credentials like-Date of Birth and Roll Number.
- The TNSET 2020 will be in the pdf format.
- Candidates can download the scorecard for further reference.
TNSET 2020 Cut-off
The minimum marks needed to qualify the examination will be considered as the cut-off for TNSET 2020.
Cut off will be based on three criteria-
a) Availability of seats
b) The difficulty level of the exam
c) Previous Year cut-offs
d) No. of Participants in the examination
Below given is the tabular form of cut- off on the basis of past year analysis:
|General/ OBC (Creamy Layer)||minimum 40% marks|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||minimum 35% marks|
|Reserved( SC/ ST/ PWD)||minimum 35% marks|
TNSET 2020 Counselling
The Interview round(counselling session) will start soon after the results are declared.
- The candidates qualifying the examination will be able to participate in the Interview process as per the merit list.
- Candidates will have to reach the minimum cut off marks in order to qualify for counselling round
- The successful candidates will be allotted the colleges/universities as per their choice.
- There would be proper document verification wherein the candidates will have to require the valid documents as prescribed in the guidelines.
TNSET 2020 Highlights
Get the basics of TNSET below in the given table:
|Short Name||TNSET |
|Exam Full Name||Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test |
|Conducting Body||Mother Teresa Women’s University|
|Mode of Examination||Offline(Pen-Paper Mode)|
|Mode of Application Form||Online Mode|
|TNSET 2020 Official Website||https://www.motherteresawomenuniv.ac.in/|
|Purpose of Examination||to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in various University & Colleges of Tamil Nadu|
About Mother Teresa Women's University
Mother Teresa Women's University situated at a beautiful hill station known as Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu. The University is set in the year 1984 under Article 15. The aim of the university is to provide education and employment opportunities for women keeping the community unbiased. The university is known for its impeccable output in Academic Excellence and Personality Development. It also gives equal importance for promotion of Employment to young girls.