DTE Kerela BFA Admission 2022 will start soon. The admission process is conducted at the state-level by the Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala appointed by the Government of Kerala. The exam is organised to offer admission to the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program. The course is of 4 years out of which 1st year of the course will be common for all and the rest 3 years will be allocated for specialization in Painting, Sculpture and Applied Art in the following college (affiliated to the University of Kerala and the University of Calicut) offers the course: College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram, Raja Ravi Varma College of Fine Arts, Mavelikkara, College of Fine Arts, Thrissur. The aspirants can go through the full article to know about the Kerala DTE BFA notification, Exam date, Application form, eligibility, etc.
DTE Kerela BFA Admission 2022 Status
|Exam Status||No official notification announce yet|
DTE Kerela BFA Admission 2022 Dates
The aspirants can check the DTE Kerala BFA 2022 Application Form vital dates in the below-given table:
DTE Kerala BFA 2022 Exam Dates
|Filling up and submission of Online application form||September 2022|
|Last date of rectifying defects of submitted application||October 2022|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||October 2022|
|Date of Examination||October 2022|
|Publishing of Rank List, Allotment list and Downloading of Allotment Letter||October 2022|
|Date of joining at the institution on the basis of first allotment ||October 2022|
|Re-arrangement of higher options||October 2022|
|Commencement of classes||November 2022|
|Second allotment, downloading of allotment letter||November 2022|
|Date of joining at the institution based on second|
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 Application Form
DTE Kerala Application Form will be available in the month of October 2022 tentatively. Check all the points that should be kept in mind while filling the DTE Kerala BFA 2022 application form
- Candidates have to submit the application form through online mode.
- The application form and prospectus will be available on the official website of the competent authority.
- Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of their passport size photograph.
- Also, affix the same photograph duly attested by gazetted officer in the space provided in the hard copy of the application form.
- Once the application form is submitted, candidates have to take a printout of the submitted application form along with self-attested copies of other relevant certificates or documents required in proof of candidate’s claims and bank challan in proof of payment of application fee, should reach by Registered post/in person on the below-given address:
Directorate of Technical Education,
Padmavilasom Road, Fort P.O,
DTE Kerala Application form Photograph Specimen
Kerala DTE Application Photograph Specimen
|Passport Size Photo||Between 15 to 30 kb||jpg/jpeg format|
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 Application Fee
The candidates have to pay the application fee in the "Application Fee Account" (Current Account) of The Director of Technical Education at any branch of the State Bank of India. The fee for various categories is given hereby:
DTE Kerala BFA Registration Fees 2022
|General candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 150/-|
The candidates know that the Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must check the below-mentioned Kerala DTE BFA Admission 2022 eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit: Candidates should have completed 17 years of age and must below 27 years as on 01 June 2022.
- Qualification: Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised board/university.
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be selected on the basis of an entrance exam (both written and practical) and an Interview. Therefore, the DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 exam pattern is different for all the stages. The complete format of Kerala DTE exam for Bachelor of Fine Arts is given below:
For Written Examination
- Total Marks: The question paper will be 100 marks.
- Examination Mode: Offline
- Type of Questions: MCQ type, Short essay, Reasoning ability, Mental ability, Imaging ability.
- Cutoff: Candidates who will score 25% or above marks in the written examination will be shortlisted for Practical Test.
- Exam Centre: Region-based Examination at GEC Kozhikode, College of Fine Arts, Thrissur and College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram.
For Practical Test
- Total Marks: 200
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted offline mode.
- Section: The candidates will have to attend 2 Practical test:
- Test 1: Creative Painting (Watercolour painting of given subject) - 100 marks
- Test 2: Life study drawing - 100 marks
- Cutoff: Candidates have to secure a minimum of 45% or above marks in both the practical examination then only they will be shortlisted for the Interview.
- Exam Centre: Centralized Examination at the College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Total Marks: 100
- Mode: Offline/Face to face
- The candidates who will be shortlisted and will attend the interview have to bring their own creative works.
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 Admit Card
The DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 Admit Card will be made available online on the official website of the competent authority after the Application registration process will be done.
- The candidates can download the Hall Ticket/Admit Card by entering the login details.
- It is necessary to carry the admit card to the exam hall for verification purposes.
- The authorised body will not send the admit card to individuals by post.
- Before downloading the admit card applicants can check the details print on it, In case any information is wrong so immediately connect to officials.
- Candidates are advised to keep the Admit card safely, it might be used in the further admission process.
DTE Kerala BFA Admissoin 2022 Result
The DTE Kerala BFA entrance result 2022 will be declared online on the official website of the authorised body. Check more related details on the pointers given below:
- The rank list will be prepared based on the Entrance Examination and Interview.
- The selection of the candidate is done through the rank list.
- Based on the rank list, applicants will be selected for admission.
- The selection will be made based on the institution preference of the candidates given in the application form.
- The rank list contains the Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Registration number and Reservation Categories.
DTE Kerala BFA Admission Rank List
The rank list will be prepared on the basis of the Entrance Examination and Interview. Based on the
institution preference of the candidates given in the application form, the selection will be made from the above rank list. The admission will be provisional and subject to the verification of the original documents by the Principal of the respective institution at the time of admission.
DTE Kerela BFA Admission 2022 Selection Process
Final selection will be done on the basis of an Entrance Examination (both written and practical) and an Interview.
1. Written Examination (Maximum 100 Marks)
The candidate must have secured 25% or more in the written examination and will be shortlisted for the Practical examination.
2. Practical examination (Maximum 200 Marks)
Candidates have to attend two Practical tests of 100 marks each.
Minimum 40% marks in both the practical examinations are required for a candidate to be selected for the interview.
3. Interview (Maximum 100 Marks)
Candidates with at least 25% marks in the written examination and a minimum of 40% marks in the practical examination are considered to be eligible for the Interview. The candidates attending the interview will have to bring their creative works.
Note: Candidates are advised to bring a pencil, colour, and other necessary materials for the written examination and Practical examinations (papers including drawing sheets will be supplied by the department).
DTE Kerala BFA 2022 Seat Allotment
DTE Kerala seat allotment is done on the basis of the Candidate's rank in the Entrance Examination and Interview. On the basis of the institution preference of the candidates entered in the application form, the final selection of the candidate is on the basis of the prepared rank list. Once the allotment process will start, candidates can download their allotment letter from the official web portal by using their login credentials such as user ID and Password. After the final allotment candidates can join the respective Fine arts colleges as per the schedule mentioned above.
Original Documents to be produced at the time of admission
- School Leaving Certificate (SSLC/CBSE/ICSE/THSLC)
- Mark List of qualifying examinations as prescribed in the Prospectus.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the last institution studied.
- Course and Conduct Certificate.
- Non-creamy layer and Community Certificate in the case of Candidate allotted under reservation.
- 3 Passport size photographs (Same photograph uploaded in the website)
- Application Form downloaded from the Admission Portal.
DTE Kerala BF Admission 2022 Reservation of Seats
Candidates can check the details below for the seat reservation for different categories:
|Categories||Percentage of Reserved Seats|
|Latin Catholics and Anglo Indian||3|
|Other backward Christian||1|
|Other Backward Hindu||3|
|Kusavan and related communities||1|
|Dheevara and related communities||2|
|Viswakarma and related communities||2|
|Scheduled Caste s belonging to Kerala State||8|
College accepting DTE Kerala BFA score
DTE Kerala BFA Colleges
|01||College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram||BFA||43||Kerala|
|03||Raja Ravi Varma College of Fine Arts, Mavelikkara||BFA||40||Kerala|
|04||College of Fine Arts, Thrissur||BFA||40||Calicut|
DTE Kerala BFA colleges Fee Structure
Below given is the fees structure is subject to modification as per Government decision.
According to 2019,
|Admission Fees||Rs 75|
|Tuition Fees||Rs 1800 per year (Which is to be payable in two installments)|
|Special Fees||Rs 800 per year + concerned University fee as applicable|
|Caution Deposit||Rs 250|
Candidates can download DTE Kerela BFA Admission Prospectus Pdf 2022
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2022 Highlights
The candidates can check the highlights below:
|Exam Name||Kerala BFA Admission 2022|
|Full Name||Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala Bachelor of Fine Arts Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala |
|DTE Kerala BFA admission Official Website||http://dtekerala.gov.in/|
About Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala
The Directorate of Technical Education maintains and enhances the quality of technical education. The Directorate of Technical Education is dealing with all the technical education activities in the state of Kerela. Currently, there are 12 Engineering Colleges (9 Govt. Colleges and 3 Govt. aided Colleges), 51 Polytechnic Colleges (45 Govt. Polytechnics and 6 Govt. aided Polytechnics), 3 Fine Arts Colleges, 39 Technical High Schools, 17 Commercial Institutes, and 42 Tailoring and Garment Making Centres functioning all over the state, under the control of the Directorate. They all come under the Ministry of Education.