DTE Kerela BFA Admission 2021 Application form will be released in the 3rd week of May 2021 tentatively. DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 is a university level exam conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala appointed by the Government of Kerala. The exam is organised to offer admission to the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program. The Application form for DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 is expected to be started in the month of May 2021. The course is of 4 years out of which 1st year of the course will be common for all and the rest 3 years will be allocated for specialization in Painting, Sculpture and Applied Art in the following college (affiliated to the University of Kerala and the University of Calicut) offers the course: College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram, Raja Ravi Varma College of Fine Arts, Mavelikkara, College of Fine Arts, Thrissur. The aspirants can go through the full article to know about the Kerala DTE BFA notification, Exam date, Application form, eligibility, etc.
DTE Kerala BFA 2021 Application Form Dates
The aspirants can check the DTE Kerala BFA 2021 Application Form vital dates in the below-given table:
DTE Kerala BFA 2021 Registration Dates
|Filling up and submission of Online application form||Third week of May 2021|
|Last week of form submission online||Second week of June 2021|
|Last date of receiving Hard copy||Second week of June 2021|
|Correction Window||Last week of June 2021|
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 Application Form
The DTE Kerala Application Form will be available in the month of May 2021 tentatively. Check all the points that should be kept in mind while filling the DTE Kerala BFA 2021 application form
- Candidates have to submit the application form through online mode.
- The application form and prospectus will be available on the official website of the competent authority.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph.
- Also, affix the same photograph duly attested by gazetted officer in the space provided in the hard copy of the application form.
- Once the application form is submitted, candidates have to take a printout of submitted application form along with self-attested copies of other relevant certificates or documents required in proof of candidate’s claims and bank challan in proof of payment of application fee, should reach by Registered post/in person on the below-given address:
Directorate of Technical Education,
Padmavilasom Road, Fort P.O,
DTE Kerala Application form Photograph Specimen
Kerala DTE Application Photograph Specimen
|Passport Size Photo||Between 15 to 30 kb||jpg/jpeg format|
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 Application Fee
The candidates have to pay the application fee in "Application Fee Account" (Current Account) of The Director of Technical Education at any branch of State Bank of India. The fee for various categories is given hereby:
DTE Kerala BFA Registration Fees 2021
|General candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 150/-|
The candidates know that Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must check the below-mentioned Kerala DTE BFA Admission 2021 eligibility criteria:
- Age Limit: Candidates should have completed 17 years of age and must below 27 years as on 01 June 2020.
- Qualification: Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised board/university.
DTE Kerala BF Admission 2021 Reservation of Seats
Candidates can check the details below for the seat reservation for different categories:
- Ezhava- 9%,
- Latin Catholics and Anglo Indian-3%,
- Other backward Christian-1%,
- Other Backward Hindu-3%,
- Kusavan and related communities-1%,
- Dheevara and related communities-2%
- Viswakarma and related communities-2%.
- Scheduled Caste s belonging to Kerala State - 8%
- Scheduled Tribe - 2%
- PWD candidates - 5%
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be selected on the basis of entrance exam (both written and practical) and an Interview. Therefore, the DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 exam pattern is different for all the stages. The complete format of Kerala DTE exam for Bachelor of Fine Arts is given below:
For Written Examination - The candidates can check the details for the written entrance examination below:
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Examination Mode: Offline
- Type of Questions: MCQ type, Short essay, Reasoning ability, Mental ability, Imaging ability.
- Cutoff: Candidates who will score 25% or above marks in the written examination will be shortlisted for Practical Test.
- Exam Centre: Region-based Examination at GEC Kozhikode, College of Fine Arts, Thrissur and College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram.
For Practical Test
- Total Marks: 200
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Section: The candidates will have to attend 2 Practical test:
- Test 1: Creative Painting (Watercolour painting of given subject) - 100 marks
- Test 2: Life study drawing - 100 marks
- Cutoff: Candidates have to secure a minimum of 45% or above marks in both the practical examination than only they will be shortlisted for Interview.
- Exam Centre: Centralized Examination at the College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Total Marks: 100
- Mode: Offline/Face to face
- The candidates who will be shortlisted and will attend the interview have to bring their own creative works.
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 Admit Card
The DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 Admit Card will be made available online on the official website of the competent authority after the Application registration process will be done.
- The candidates can download the Hall Ticket/Admit Card by entering the login details.
- It is necessary to carry the admit card to the exam hall for the verification purpose.
- The authorised body will not send the admit card to individuals by post.
DTE Kerala BFA Admissoin 2021 Result
The DTE Kerala BFA entrance result 2021 will be declared online on the official website of the authorised body. The rank list will be prepared based on the Entrance Examination and Interview. The selection will be made based on the institution preference of the candidates given in the application form.
DTE Kerala BFA Admission Rank List
Rank list will be prepared on the basis of Entrance Examination and Interview. Based on the
institution preference of the candidates given in the application form, the selection will be made from
the above rank list. The admission will be provisional and subject to the verification of the original documents by the Principal of the respective institution at the time of admission.
DTE Kerala Selection Procedure
Final selection will be done on the basis of an Entrance Examination (both written and practical) and an Interview.
1. Written Examination (Maximum 100 Marks)
The candidate must have to secure 25% or more in written examination will be shortlisted for Practical examination.
2. Practical examination (Maximum 200 Marks)
Candidates have to attend two Practical tests of 100 marks each.
Minimum 40% marks in both the practical examinations are required for a candidate to be selected for the interview.
3. Interview (Maximum 100 Marks)
Candidates with at least 25% marks in the written examination and minimum 40% marks in the practical examination are considered to be eligible for Interview. The candidates attending the interview will have to bring their creative works.
Note: Candidates are advised to bring a pencil, colour and other necessary materials for the written examination and Practical examinations (papers including drawing sheets will be supplied by the department).
DTE Kerala BFA 2021 Seat Allotment
DTE Kerala seat allotment is done on the basis of the Candidate's rank in the Entrance Examination and Interview. On the basis of institution preference of the candidates entered in the application form, the final selection of the candidate is on the basis of the prepared rank list. Once the allotment process will start, candidates can download their allotment letter from official web portal by using their login credentials such as user ID and Password. After the final allotment candidates can join the respective Fine arts colleges as per the schedule mentioned above.
Original Documents to be produced at the time of admission
- School Leaving Certificate (SSLC/CBSE/ICSE/THSLC)
- Mark List of qualifying examination as prescribed in the Prospectus.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the last institution studied.
- Course and Conduct Certificate.
- Non-creamy layer and Community Certificate in the case of Candidate allotted under reservation.
- 3 Passport size photographs (Same photograph uploaded in the website)
- Application Form downloaded from the Admission Portal.
College accepting DTE Kerala BFA score
DTE Kerala BFA Colleges
|Sl. no||College Name||Course||Seats||University|
|01||College of Fine Arts, Thiruvananthapuram||BFA||43||Kerala|
|03||Raja Ravi Varma College of Fine Arts, Mavelikkara||BFA||40||Kerala|
|04||College of Fine Arts, Thrissur||BFA||40||Calicut|
DTE Kerala BFA colleges Fee Structure
Below given is the fees structure is subject to modification as per Government decision.
According to 2019,
|Admission Fees||Rs 75|
|Tuition Fees||Rs 1800 per year (Which is to be payable in two instalments)|
|Special Fees||Rs 800 per year + concerned University fee as applicable|
|Caution Deposit||Rs 250|
DTE Kerala BFA Admission 2021 Highlights
The candidates can check the highlights below:
|Exam Name||Kerala BFA Admission|
|Full Name||Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala Bachelor of Fine Arts Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala |
|DTE Kerala BFA admission Official Website||http://dtekerala.gov.in/|
About Directorate of Technical Education, Kerela
Directorate of Technical Education maintains and enhance the quality of technical education. Directorate of Technical Education is dealing with all the technical education activities in the state of Kerela. Currently, there are 12 Engineering Colleges (9 Govt. Colleges and 3 Govt. aided Colleges), 51 Polytechnic Colleges (45 Govt. Polytechnics and 6 Govt. aided Polytechnics), 3 Fine Arts Colleges, 39 Technical High Schools, 17 Commercial Institutes and 42 Tailoring and Garment Making Centres functioning all over the state, under the control of the Directorate. They all come under the Ministry of Education.