DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 application form will be available in the first week of September 2021 tentatively. It is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala. This counselling process is conducted once in a year at the state level. It offers admission to different branches like Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering leading to a Master of Technology (M.Tech) Degree. It offers education to continue their studies in Graduate Engineers employed in the Engineering Profession. Candidates are advised to read the complete article to more about DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 like important Dates, application form, eligibility criteria, seat intakes, result, counselling etc.
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Exam Status
Applicants must check the below-mentioned information about DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021:
|Exam Status||No official notification announce yet|
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Important Dates
Given below are the important dates for the DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2021:
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Important Dates
|DTE Kerala MCAP 2021 Application form (online mode)||First week of September 2021|
|Closing of registration (online mode)||Second week of September 2021|
|The due date submission of the Application Form (receive the printed form)||Second week of September 2021|
|Date of publishing Draft Rank List||Last week of September 2021|
|Date of publishing final Rank List||First week of October 2021|
|First Allotment||Second week of October 2021|
|Last Date of remittance of fee||Second week of October 2021|
|Option Rearrangement||Second week of October 2021|
|Second allotment||Third week of October 2021|
|Date of remittance of fee||Third week of October 2021|
|Date of Joining||Last week of October 2021|
|Date of receipt of the non-join report in CET||Last week of October 2021|
|Commencement of Classes||First week of November 2021|
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Application Form
Applicants can fill the online applications form from the official website of DTE Kerala Government, i.e., www.dtekerala.gov.in or www.cet.ac.in. Candidtes can go through the details given below to know more:
- The different entries in the application are to be filled with extreme care, as this information is used for preparing the rank list.
- Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Fill the candidate’s name, contact, qualification details in the user registration form.
- Affix the scanned photograph & signature of candidates in JPEG format.
- Candidate has to take a printout of the filled up application and sent with self-attested copies of the documents required by the authority, to the Principal, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram- 695 016.
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Application Fee
Candidates After filling the form, have to pay the requisite amount of DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 registration fee. Registration Fee is dependent on the candidate category as shown below:
DTE Kerala Application Fee
|General Category||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs 250|
Mode of Payment: The payment has to be paid through challan. Applicants have to download the system generated challan and take its printout. The DTE Kerala 2021 M.Tech Registration fee has to be submitted at any specified branch of State Bank of Travancore, along with the print out of the challan.
List to documents to be attached and submitted with Kerala M.Tech application form 2021
- GATE rank card
- Mark sheet and certificates of all semesters and engineering degree
- Category certificates issued by the authorised body (if applicable)
- Counterfoil of the State Bank of Travancore Challan
- Medical documents for PwD candidate or if required.
- Candidates will have to show Nativity Certificate if required.
Requirements for Nativity Certificate
- It must be issued by the Village Officer.
- The birthplace mentioned (in Kerala) in the certificate should be the same as that in the Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Should have an authentic copy of a relevant page of the candidate’s passport showing the place of birth in Kerala.
- The candidate must have a birth certificate which should be issued by a competent authority (Panchayat/ Municipality/ Corporation) mentioning the candidate’s place of birth in Kerala
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before Applying for DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Application Form, the Candidate must check the eligibility which is given below:
- The applicant must be of Indian Nationality.
- Interested applicant should have completed his/her graduation from an institution affiliated by AICTE / Deemed Universities in India with a minimum of 60% percentage marks in the qualifying exam (B.Tech). However, SC/ ST candidates have only to pass their respective B.Tech degrees. For SEBC (OBC) candidates, a minimum requirement of 54% marks in percentage in their B. Tech degree is compulsory.
- Candidates who have qualified AMIE / AMIETE exams and satisfies the following conditions will be eligible for admission
- A minimum of 55% marks is required for section B in AMIE/AMIETE entrance exam.
- Candidates appearing for the final semester exam are also eligible to apply, but they must have to pass all the subjects up to including the 6th-semester exams (8th semester for B.Arch candidates). However, the confirmation of admission of any candidates will be subject to the production of their qualifying degree –before the date stipulated by the affiliated University.
- Candidates who have qualified GATE are eligible for admission.
- In case of vacant seats, candidates from Kerala without their respective GATE scores will be considered for admission. If seats remain vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for the admission process.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Rank List 2021
Candidates must check the following details regarding DTE Kerala M.Tech Rank List 2021:
- Department of Technical Education, Kerala will release the rank list of Kerala M.Tech 2021 separately for both government and private institutions.
- The rank list prepared by the authorities depends on the GATE scores.
- Candidates have to check the provisional rank list and then verify their marks/category/branch and more.
- The final merit list will be released by the conducting authorities, and no changes will be accepted by the authorities.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Cutoff 2021
Kerala M.Tech cutoff i.e. the minimum marks required to secure by the candidates for higher chances of admission will be available in the cutoff section of the official website for Kerala M.Tech admission 2021. Conducting authorities will release their cut off after each round of counselling is over. M.Tech cutoff depends on various factors related to the examination such as number of seats, number of candidates, previous year cutoff trends and more. And these should be checked while preparing the cutoff.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Counselling 2021
Qualified candidates will have to participate in the Kerala M.Tech counselling of 2021.
- The directorate of Technical Education will conduct two rounds of counselling to provide M.Tech admissions to all the registered candidates.
- Based on the rank list prepared by the authority, the candidates will be called in for the counselling process.
- Allotment will be done purely based on GATE scores, preferences selected by the candidates and availability of seats.
- Allotted candidates will have to download their provisional allotment letter from the official website and confirm their admission by reporting to the allotted college and paying the admission fee as per demand.
- If any vacant seats are left after the DTE counselling, non-GATE candidates from Kerala will be allotted seats.
- If vacant seats are still left even after that then non-GATE candidates from other states will be called for seat allotment.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Reservation Criteria 2021
Candidates belonging to certain reserved categories will be eligible for reservation as per the guidelines set by the Indian Government. Candidates who will apply for a reservation should have to show the required certificates otherwise their reservation will be cancelled. Reservation for every category will be distributed after observing the general reservation rules of Kerala government. SEBC (OBC) and OEC categories Candidates will have to show a certificate of their belonging community and showing that they do not belong to the Creamy Layer.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Spot Admission 2021
Applicants can go through the points mentioned below to know more about spoy admission 2021 of DTE Kerala M.Tech:
- If vacant seats are still left after the counselling process, the conducting authority will conduct a centralized spot admission for other candidates.
- All of the candidates who are listed out from the rank list will be able to participate in the spot admission.
- On being selected through spot admission, the candidates will have to join the respective institutions/ colleges on the prescribed dates to pay the admission fee.
- In case, seats remain vacant even after the centralized spot admission, then the respective institutions can conduct their spot admission.
- A separate rank list will be prepared for the spot admission.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Seat Intake
Applicants can go through the points mentioned below:
- Authority will release the list of institutions offering Post-graduation degree Course in various disciplines towards which centralized allotment will be done.
- For filling up the 50% Seats in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges, the concerned Principals admits the candidates based on the rank list published by the Directorate of Technical Education.
- The rank list is designed based on reservation norms as mentioned in clause IV of the prospectus.
- If any candidate does not contact the authority as per the rank list, other eligible candidates can apply for admission.
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Admission Procedure
Candidates can check the details of DTE Kerala M.Tech admission 2021 through the below-mentioned points:
- Interested candidate will have to register their option for the interested course and college while applying. There will not be any provision to change the option.
- The final selection of candidates will be supervised by the selection committee consisting of DTE which includes its chairman, the Senior Joint Director (ECS) and the Principal of the College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram. The Principal of the College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram will be the co-ordinator and all the admission process will be held at the College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The selection of candidates is dependent on the GATE score. If there is a tie, the advantage will be given to the candidates with the highest aggregate marks up to the sixth semester in their qualifying examination (8th semester for B.Arch candidate).
- If sufficient GATE qualified candidates are not available or if some seats remain vacant after counselling, the selection will be made for Keralite candidates depending on the aggregate marks up to the 6th semester in their qualifying examination (8th semester for B.Arch candidates). Candidates who have the original Nativity Certificate, at the time of DTE Kerala M.Tech admission 2021 will only be admitted in this case. A different rank list will be prepared by the authority based on the GATE Score/Percentage of marks. Candidates must have to verify their branch/Marks/Category etc. at the time of publishing that rank List. After the generation of the final Rank List, any changes in those factors will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The allotment list will be published in the official websites are www.dtekerala.gov.in and www.admissions.dtekerala.gov.in.
- Allotment letter can be downloaded from the above official website. Selected applicants can pay the registration fee on or before the last date in any of the specified branches of the State Bank of Travancore. Otherwise, their admission can be cancelled.
- Candidates have to submit their Transfer Certificate issued from their last attended institutions at the time of admission.
- All the selection process will be provisional and subject to verification of original documents by the Principals concerned at the admission time.
- For Candidates who change their college in the subsequent allotments, including spot admission by the DTE must be relieved in time. The amount collected from such candidates by the respective institutions should be fully refunded.
For Self Financing Private Engineering Colleges in the State
- A final rank list will be prepared by DTE which will include all the eligible applicants.
- Various institutions will conduct separate admissions with this rank list, after inviting separate applications and checking the eligibility for admission as per the University norms and following the provided or defined reservation policy.
- For filling up of 50% Seats, the Concerned Principals should resort the Rank List published by the DTE, and if any candidate does not attend the counselling whose name is present in the Rank List by Directorate of Technical Education, other eligible candidates from the Rank List prepared by the institutions can be considered for admission.
Kerala M.Tech Participating Institutes 2021
Given below are some popular institutes in which admission will be provided by the Directorate of Technical Education. Allotment of the institute and all the admission processes will be conducted by the authority:
- College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
- TKM College of Engineering, Kollam
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kottayam
- Government Engineering College, Thrissur
- Government College of Engineering, Kannur
- Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram
- Government Engineering College, Kozhikode
- Government Engineering College, Idukki
- Government Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad
- Government Engineering College, Wayanad
- MA College of Engineering, Kothamangalam
- NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad. Electronics & C
- NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad
DTE Kerala M.Tech 2021 Highlights
Candidates can check important highlights of DTE Kerala M.Tech admission from the table given below:
DTE Kerala MTech 2021 Admission Highlights
|Course Name||DTE Kerala M.Tech|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Technical Education|
|DTE Kerala Official Website||http://admissions.dtekerala.gov.in/|
|Course Duration||24 months or 02 Years|
Department of Technical Education
DTE (Department of Technical Education) is a higher education Department body under the government of Kerala, India. It is managed by the Minister of Education. The department guides the government on matters dealing with higher education. It manages the working and activities 9 government engineering colleges, three colleges of fine arts, 39 technical high schools, 17 government commercial institutes, 3 aided engineering colleges, 49 polytechnic colleges, 42 tailoring and garment making training centres and four vocational training centres.