GATE 2020 Result has been declared on 13 March 2020. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi) has declared the GATE result at GOAPS website. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2020. Qualified candidates can get admission in various NITs, IITs, GFTIs, IISc and other renowned institutions. Candidates can check their result by entering the enrollment Id and password. GATE 2020 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results. Go through the complete article to know about GATE 2020 Result in detailed.
GATE Latest Updates:
- GATE 2020 result date was 13 March 2020. It has been declared by IIT Delhi.
GATE 2020 Result Dates
The GATE 2020 result has been announced online at the GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) website. And, the important dates related to the GATE 2020 result is tabulated below:
GATE 2020 Result Dates
|Release of Answer Key||19 February 2020|
|GATE 2020 Result Date||13 March 2020|
|Downloading of GATE Scorecard||20 March - 31 May 2020|
After completion of exams, candidates can check the GATE official answer key and question papers released by the IIT Delhi. Based on the final answer key, GATE 2020 result
will be prepared.
GATE 2020 Result
Gate 2020 test takers have to visit the GATE 2020 official website
to check the GATE 2020 result
through GOAPS which is the GATE online application portal.
- The result can be downloaded by using the Email ID, enrolment number, registration ID and password.
- After the result declaration, the authority will release the GATE scorecard on 20 March 2020.
- Only students who will qualify the GATE exam can download the scorecard till 31 May 2020 which is valid for three years from the date of result announcement.
How is GATE 2020 Result calculated?
IIT Delhi has released the answer key and after the evaluation of the final answer key, the actual marks obtained by the candidates will be considered for the calculation of GATE scorecard.
- For different subjects, marks obtained by the candidates in different sessions will be converted to Normalized marks for that particular subject.
Calculation of Normalized Marks for Multi-session Papers
The papers of CS, CE, EC, ME and EE is conducted in multi-slots and sessions and the calculation of the normalized marks will be done through the below-given formula:
How to calculate GATE 2020 Score for all papers except CS, CE, EC, ME and EE?
For all the papers which is conduct in a single session, the actual marks will be considered for calculating the GATE score. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering score will be computed using the below-given formula:
How to Download the GATE 2020 Result or Scorecard?
The candidates can download the result from the GATE online application portal from. Whereas, the GATE scorecard/rank card will be available for download from 20 March 2020 to 31 May 2020.
Below-given steps can be followed by the candidates to download the GATE Result 2020:
- STEP 1: Firstly, visit the GOAPS online portal and log in.
- STEP 2: Candidates can log in by using the login credentials such as the Enrollment Id/ Registration Id/ Email and Password.
- STEP 3: Then, candidates will be redirected towards their GATE 2020 Result/Scorecard.
- STEP 4: The result will appear on the screen.
- STEP 5: Download the GATE result and take the printout of the same.
NOTE: Candidates must preserve the GATE Result 2020 till the admission/ recruitment process is complete.
Details on the GATE 2020 Scorecard/Result
The candidates must keep the printout of the GATE scorecard as no hard copies of the scorecard will be issued by the authority. Also, they need to verify the details mentioned on the scorecard. The scorecard contains the following details:
- Candidate's Name
- Registration Number
- Examination Paper
- Marks Out of 100
- Qualifying Marks (in all categories)
- GATE 2020 Score
- All India Rank (AIR)
- Number of Candidates Appeared for the exam
- GATE 2020 Score Validity
What to do after Qualifying the GATE 2020 Exam?
- Higher Education: Through GATE score, candidates can pursue M.Tech / ME/ MS in various IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other state and private universities.
- Recruitment in different PSUs: Several Public Sector Undertakings use the GATE score for the recruitment process. The candidates have to apply for every PSU as per their interest.
- Recruitment Companies
How to get Hardcopy of GATE Scorecard 2020?
If in case, a candidate who had qualified the GATE exam requires the soft copy of his/her GATE Scorecard after 31 May 2020 and till 31 December 2020, should pay a fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) for obtaining the same.
GATE 2020 Cutoff
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi) has released the GATE Cutoff 2020
along with the result on 13 March 2020. The cutoff for all 25 papers has been declared individually in online mode. The cutoff is the minimum marks which the candidates have to score to qualify the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020. IIT Delhi has announced separate GATE 2020 cutoff for all the 25 papers and is also different for all the categories. Candidates whose scores are more than or equal to GATE cutoff 2020
can take admission in M.Tech courses offered by all the participating institutes.