GATE 2021 Result has declared on 19 March 2021 by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay). Qualified candidates can get admission to various NITs, IITs, GFTIs, IISc, and other renowned institutions. Candidates can check their results by entering the enrollment Id and password. GATE 2021 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results. Go through the complete article to know about GATE 2021 Result in detail.
GATE 2021 Result Dates
The important dates related to the GATE 2021 result is tabulated below:
GATE 2021 Result Dates
|Exam date||6,7,13,14 February 2021|
|GATE 2021 Result Date||19 March 2021|
GATE 2021 Result
Gate 2021 test takers have to visit the GATE 2021 official website
to check the GATE 2021 result
through GOAPS which is the GATE online application portal.
- The result can be downloaded by using the Email ID, enrolment number, registration ID and password.
- After the result declaration, the authority has released the GATE scorecard on 27 March 2021.
- Only students who will qualify the GATE exam can download the scorecard till 31 May 2021 which is valid for three years from the date of result announcement.
How is GATE 2021 Result calculated?
IIT Delhi has released the answer key and after the evaluation of the final answer key, the actual marks obtained by the candidates will be considered for the calculation of GATE scorecard.
- For different subjects, marks obtained by the candidates in different sessions will be converted to Normalized marks for that particular subject.
Calculation of Normalized Marks for Multi-session Papers
The papers of CS, CE, EC, ME and EE is conducted in multi-slots and sessions and the calculation of the normalized marks will be done through the below-given formula:
How to calculate GATE 2021 Score for all papers except CS, CE, EC, ME and EE?
For all the papers which is conduct in a single session, the actual marks will be considered for calculating the GATE score. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering score will be computed using the below-given formula:
How to Download the GATE 2021 Result or Scorecard?
The candidates can download the result from the GATE online application portal from. Whereas, the GATE scorecard/rank card will be available for download from April 2021 to 31 May 2021.
Below-given steps can be followed by the candidates to download the GATE Result 2021:
- STEP 1: Firstly, visit the GOAPS online portal and log in.
- STEP 2: Candidates can log in by using the login credentials such as the Enrollment Id/ Registration Id/ Email and Password.
- STEP 3: Then, candidates will be redirected towards their GATE 2021 Result/Scorecard.
- STEP 4: The result will appear on the screen.
- STEP 5: Download the GATE result and take the printout of the same.
NOTE: Candidates must preserve the GATE Result 2021 till the admission/ recruitment process is complete.
Details on the GATE 2021 Scorecard/Result
The candidates must keep the printout of the GATE scorecard as no hard copies of the scorecard will be issued by the authority. Also, they need to verify the details mentioned on the scorecard. The scorecard contains the following details:
- Candidate's Name
- Registration Number
- Examination Paper
- Marks Out of 100
- Qualifying Marks (in all categories)
- GATE 2021 Score
- All India Rank (AIR)
- Number of Candidates Appeared for the exam
- GATE 2021 Score Validity
What to do after Qualifying for the GATE 2021 Exam?
- Higher Education: Through GATE score, candidates can pursue M.Tech / ME/ MS in various IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other state and private universities.
- Recruitment in different PSUs: Several Public Sector Undertakings use the GATE score for the recruitment process. The candidates have to apply for every PSU as per their interest.
- Recruitment Companies
How to get Hardcopy of GATE Scorecard 2021?
If in case, a candidate who had qualified the GATE exam requires the soft copy of his/her GATE Scorecard after 30 June 2021 and till 31 December 2021, should pay a fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) for obtaining the same.
GATE 2021 Cutoff
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi) has released the GATE Cutoff 2021
along with the result on 22 March 2021 The cutoff for all 27 papers has been declared individually in online mode. The cutoff is the minimum marks which the candidates have to score to qualify the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021. IIT Delhi has announced a separate GATE 2021 cutoff for all the 27 papers and is also different for all the categories. Candidates whose scores are more than or equal to the GATE cutoff 2021
can take admission in M.Tech courses offered by all the participating institutes.