GSAT 2020 is also known as GITAM Science Admission Test 2020. This exam is organized by GITAM University. The test is conducted annually for admission to M.Sc and MCA programs. This exam offers admission to their Postgraduate Science & Technology related courses which will be mentioned in the article further along with the centers they offer the courses in. Through this article, candidates will get to know about the GSAT 2020 examination.
GSAT 2020 Application Form
GSAT 2020 Application Form is available on the official website till 25 April 2020 for Postgraduate courses. Below mentioned are a few guidelines which must be followed by all the applicants:
- The new applicant has to first register themselves.
- Candidate has to upload the necessary documentation.
- The photograph size should in jpg/jpeg format only and not exceed 50 KB.
- All the documents/certificates must be uploaded in PDF format only.
- Select the “Payment” option from the menu to make online fee payment without which the form would not be accepted.
- Refer to the application number for all future proceedings.
GSAT 2020 Application Fee
GSAT 2020 Application Fee details are given below:
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 600/- for each exam.
Above mentioned fee details can be changed by the officials, candidates stay updated by checking either going through the official website after the press release or this article will be updated simultaneously.
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the fee by Demand Draft in favor of "GITAM" payable at Visakhapatnam.
GSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the GSAT 2020 eligibility criteria before filling the application form to know whether they are eligible for the exam or not. The eligibility criteria of GSAT 2020 is given below:
GSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for admission into
Qualifying examination with specialization at degree level
M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
B. Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects; and Maths & Physical sciences in Intermediate or 10 +2 level
B.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and any other subject
M.Sc. Electronic Science
B.Sc. with Electronics/Physics, Mathematics Science and any other subject
M.Sc. Chemistry (Analytical / Organic/ Pharmaceutical)
B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects
B.Sc. with Life Sciences / Chemistry / BEM / B.A./ B.Sc Food Science /Home Science / B.Tech. in allied subjects / B.Pharm / B.P.T. / M.L.T
M.Sc. Food Science &
Same as Life Science programs (5-8) (or) B.Sc. with Mathematics /Physics/ Computer Science/ BCA
M.Sc. Environmental Science
BEM/ B.Sc. in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences / B. Tech. / B. Pharm. Science
M.Sc. Earth Science
BEM or any B.Sc. degree
M.Sc. Data Science
Any degree with Mathematics at 10+2 level or Degree level or equivalent examination
Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates as notifies by the officials.
GSAT 2020 Admit Card
The availability of GSAT 2020 Admit Cards would be made by the last week of April 2020 (Tentative) for Postgraduate applicants on the official website. Candidates are requested to follow the below-stated guideline for a smooth sail through the examination:
- Applicants are supposed to download their Admit cards from the official website as the Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any applicant.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards along with themselves to the examination center without which they might not be allowed to take the examination.
- The candidates must immediately contact the university officials if there is any discrepancy found in their Admit Card as any mismatch of data would not be entertained on the day of examination.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination Hall will be debarred from appearing the examination.
- Mobile Phones, Calculators, Bluetooth devices, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- None of the candidates, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination is over.
GSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
GSAT 2020 Exam Pattern is mentioned below which will give brief information about the duration, type of questions, maximum marks, etc.
GSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination
60 minutes (1 hour)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct & NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
Section-wise division of questions:
The above mention details are based on the latest update. Candidates can visit this page for updated information as notifies by the authority.
GSAT 2020 Syllabus
GSAT 2020 Syllabus is mentioned below subject wise:
- Relations and Functions
- Mathematical Induction
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Quadratic equations & Theory of equations
- Theory of equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and Series
- Permutations & Combinations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Vector algebra
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Properties of triangles
- Complex numbers
- Continuity and Differentiability (LCD)
- Applications of derivatives
- Indefinite Integration
- Applications of integrals
- Coordinate geometry
- Straight lines
- hyperbola and polar co-ordinates
- Differential equations
- random variables & distributions
- Units and Dimensions
- Elements of vectors
- Centre of mass
- Rotatory motion
- Surface tension
- Fluid mechanics
- Thermal properties of a matte
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Simple harmonic motion
- Wave motion
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Wave optics
- Electrostatics and capacitors
- Current electricity
- CR circuits (DC Only)
- Electromagnetic induction and ac circuits
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Semiconductor devices
- Communication systems.
- Atomic structure
- Nuclear chemistry
- Chemical bonding
- Classification of elements and periodicity of properties
- Hydrogen and its Compounds
- Alkali and alkaline earth metals
- States of matter
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Ionic equilibrium
- Chemical equilibrium
- Surface chemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Group 13 elements
- Group 14 elements
- Group 18 elements (zero group elements)
- Group 15 elements (v a group elements)
- Group 16 elements (vi group elements)
- Group 17 elements (vii group elements)
- Transition elements
- Coordination compounds
- General principles of metallurgy
- Principles of qualitative analysis
- Organic chemistry
- Aromatic hydrocarbons
- phenols and ethers
- ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Practical organic chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Environmental chemistry.
- Diversity in the living world
- External morphology
- Internal Morphology
- Cell Biology
- Plant Taxonomy
- Animal Classification
- Structural Organization in Animals
- Human Physiology-Digestive and Respiratory systems
- Human Physiology-Circulatory and Excretory Systems
- Human Physiology–Locomotion & Movement and Neuro-Endocrine System
- Human Physiology – Reproduction, Genetics, Human Health and Diseases
- Ecology and Environment.
GSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
GSAT 2020 Preparation Tips are given below which can be followed if the candidates appearing are looking for some sort of expert guidance:
- Candidates must go through the examination syllabus before they start preparing for it.
- Candidates should go for more practice sets and previous years.
- Candidates must keep extra preparatory months in hand to revise whatever they have studied for the examination.
- Candidates should solve as many questions as possible as it gives an idea of the types of questions asked.
- Having some sort of recreational activity is a must.
- Taking proper notes is important.
GSAT 2020 Result
The vital information regarding GSAT Result 2020 is given below:
- The GSAT 2020 Results would be declared by the third week of May 2020 (Tentative) for Postgraduate applicants.
- Candidates can check their results on the official website where they can fill up their login ID and download their scorecard for future reference and further proceedings.
GSAT 2020 Counselling
GSAT 2020 Counselling will be organized after the result declaration and candidates will be notified via email or messages about their Counselling. Only if the candidates make it through the entrance test, will be allowed to attend the Counselling where document verification and seat allotment would take place and if any candidate is found ineligible at any stage of admission or mismatch in the documents, their candidature will get canceled without owing any explanation. Below mentioned are a few documents which must be brought along by the candidates at the time of Counselling:
- GSAT 2020 Counselling Call Letter.
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate (Bachelor’s if appearing for Master’s Programme).
- Transfer and Character Certificates.
- Medical Certificate from Civil Surgeon (for Person with Disability Candidates).
- Integrated Community Certificate (for SC/ST Category).
The courses offered by the GITAM University are mentioned below:
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- M.Sc. Electronic Science
- M.Sc. Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Environmental Science
- M.Sc. Bioinformatics
- M.Sc. Food Science & Technology
- M.Sc. Biotechnology M.Sc. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Physics(Analytical/ Organic/ Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- M.Sc. Data Science
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- M.Sc. Earth Science
Their campuses are situated in:
GSAT 2020 Highlights
GITAM Science Admission Test 2020[GSAT 2020]
Postgraduate Courses in Science & Technology
Offline (Pen & Paper)
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Science & Technology Courses Offered by the University
Stay connect to GITAM Science Admission Test [GSAT] conducted by GITAM University.
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, popularly known as GITAM, was founded in 1980 by an inspired group of eminent intellectuals and industrialists of Andhra Pradesh led by M. V. V. S. Murthi, former Member of Parliament and popular philanthropist. The vision of MAHATMA, the Father of the Nation was to see India as a socially and economically resurgent country and he looked upon education as an important means to achieve this goal. Gandhiji’s view of education was not narrow or sectarian. He envisaged universities as institutions of higher learning that transcend all linguistic, racial and other barriers. GITAM is committed to imbibe his values and abide by his philosophy.